Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Cholamandalam Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Cholamandalam Car Insurance Highlights
Chola MS General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the Murugappa Group and the Japanese-based Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company Limited. Keeping in mind the insurance requirements of both individuals and corporates, the company has designed an array of motor, health, property, marine, crop and travel insurance products. The entity runs 157 branches and has 50,000+ intermediaries in India.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Available upto Rs 10,000
Accidental Repair Warranty
Warranty rest with Repairer
Warranty rest with Repairer
Policyholders of Cholamandalam can make cashless or reimbursement car insurance claims in case of damage or losses caused to them or their vehicle. And if the insurance policy has a third-party cover, which actually is mandatory to have as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, policyholders could then also claim for third-party liabilities in case of an accident involving the insured car.
Cholamandalam car insurance claim process is easy - from claim intimation to the final disbursement. The insurance company has an extensive network of over 6,900 authorised garages where its customers can claim without having to make any payment to these workshops. Of course, there will be a certain amount beyond which policyholders will need to pay for the damage or loss. Let’s check more about the Cholamandalam car insurance claim process.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
You must provide the following documents to Cholamandalam for getting your automobile insurance claim processed successfully -
- A copy of the car's RC book
- A copy of your driver's licence
- A copy of the police FIR (if applicable)
- A copy of the policy paperwork
- An identity proof
- Any other document required by the company
How to Make Cholamandalam Car Insurance Claim Online?
This is how the Cholamandalam car insurance claim process pans out.
- Call Cholamandalam's toll-free number 1800 208 5544 or visit online as soon as possible to report the claim.
- In case of a third-party claim or the loss of your car, you will need to file a police report.
- Wait for the surveyor to come and examine the loss suffered by your vehicle.
- The surveyor may ask for documents such as a driving licence, policy number or car registration certificate.
- Submit those and wait for the surveyor’s go-ahead.
- Afterward, take your car to the nearest garage for repairs.
- When the automobile is fixed, the company pays the garage the claim amount, and you can pick up the car. This cashless Cholamandalam car insurance claim facility is available only at the network garage of the insurer.
- In the case of third-party claims, the motor accidents tribunal is in charge. The insurance company settles the claim based on the tribunal's decision.
- If the car is stolen, the police attempt to locate it. The police produce a non-traceable report if the car is not found. The insurance company then uses this report to settle your claim.
How to Make Cholamandalam Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
Step 1: Submit a Claim Initiation Request
Notify Cholamandalam of the mishap/accident right away. You can contact the insurance company by dialing 1800-208-5544 or claim on the official website of Cholamandalam.
Step 2: Wait for the Surveyor's Inspection
Cholamandalam will dispatch a surveyor to assess the vehicle's damage. If you buy the 'on-site minor repair' add-on while purchasing your car insurance, you could ask for an on-site repair service for minor damages.
Step 3: Make a Towing Service Request
Request Cholamandalam for the towing of the damaged car.
Step 4: Car Repairs
After all documentation and formalities are done, your automobile will be repaired at the workshop, and the insurer will pay the final repair cost directly to the garage.
Step 5: Deductible Payments
Ensure you pay compulsory and voluntary deductibles and bring your car home.
How to Make Cholamandalam Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
Step 1: Notify Cholamandalam
Inform Cholamandalam by calling 1800-208-5544 about the theft/accident/mishap affecting the insured car. And request the call centre to initiate the claim process.
Step 2: Investigation of the Damaged Vehicle
Cholamandalam will send a surveyor to check how much damage your car has suffered due to any of these incidents - accident, natural or human-related disasters.
Step 3: Tow the Car to a Nearby Garage
After the inspection is done, take your vehicle to the local garage. You can dial your insurance company for towing service or take your car to the garage yourself.
Step 4: Vehicle Damage Repair
Repair your car at the garage. Pay for the repairs, collect all your bills and bring your car home.
Step 5: Claim Settlement
For getting the Cholamandalam car insurance claim amount reimbursed to you, submit the original repair bills along with the relevant papers to the insurer. You can email those to Cholamandalam car insurance or upload them on its official website. The insurance company, post deducting necessary deductibles, will disburse you the reimbursement amount.
Common Cholamandalam Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
- At the time of the accident/mishap, the car was being driven by a motorist who was under the influence of intoxicants.
- The occurrence of an accident as a result of a violation of traffic laws or careless/rash driving.
- The mishap was not reported to the company within the stipulated time.
- Doing car repairs without informing the company about the claim/accident/other mishaps.
- If the driver is not found to have any legitimate documents during an accident or any other mishap.
- A car insurance policy that has expired or is no longer valid.
Cholamandalam No Claim Bonus
Cholamandalam MS offers its policyholders a no-claim bonus (NCB) if they do not file any claims during the policy year. The NCB is offered to the insured individual at the time of policy renewal in the form of a premium discount ranging from 20-50% on the own-damage component. This reward is only available for policyholders who have bought either a standalone own damage or comprehensive policy of Cholamandalam.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Cholamandalam Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What should I do for a Cholamandalam car insurance claim if I'm involved in an accident?
If there has been a major injury or death as a result of an accident, get medical help right away. After getting medical attention, dial Cholamandalam toll-free number - 1800-208-5544 - to report the accident and fill in the Cholamandalam car insurance claim form to initiate the process.
2. Is it possible to cancel a registered Cholamandalam car insurance claim?
Dial the customer care number of Cholamandalam to know whether you can cancel a registered claim. If that’s possible, the customer care executive will let you do so on the call.
3.Does the Cholamandalam car insurance policy wording contain information about claims?
Yes, it does! You can download the policy wording by visiting the official website of Cholamandalam. The process contains these steps.
- After you reach the website, go to ‘info center’
- Click on ‘downloads’
- Download the policy wording placed on your screen and check the claim process written in the same.
4. Is there a difference between cashless and reimbursement settlement methods of Cholamandalam in terms of claim amount?
No, in both cases, you will get the claim amount up to the coverage limit as defined in your Cholamandalam car insurance policy.
5. What role does a surveyor play in your Cholamandalam car insurance claim?
The report prepared by the surveyor regarding the extent of damage will decide the fate of your Cholamandalam car insurance claim. If the report finds your claim legitimate, you can apply for either a cashless or reimbursement method.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More