Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ACKO Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
India is a densely populated country. This makes it highly vulnerable to road accidents. This is why the Government of India has made it compulsory for every vehicle owner to have automobile insurance. If anyone is found driving without valid insurance in India, the government is free to prosecute them as per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
There are many types of car insurance available in the market. The ACKO standalone car insurance is a common automobile insurance bought by car owners. Below, we will learn in detail about the ACKO standalone car insurance and all that it entails.
ACKO Standalone Car insurance Policy
ACKO standalone car insurance is a type of automobile insurance that covers own damages incurred by the car as well as the driver. In other words, damages caused by the owner or driver to the vehicle in the event of an accident are covered under the ACKO standalone car insurance. This type of insurance helps a car owner maintain and bear car expenses if it is subjected to an event causing physical damage.
The ACKO standalone car insurance has the following features:
- The ACKO standalone car insurance covers damages made by the driver or owner of the car.
- This type of car insurance is affordable as premiums are reduced with time.
- This policy is not mandatory to buy as per the law.
- This standalone car insurance policy comes with plenty of add-on covers to enhance your policy coverage.
How does ACKO Standalone Car Insurance Work?
As mentioned above, ACKO standalone car insurance protects the policyholder against all kinds of damages. Most users pair standalone car insurance with third-party car insurance. This way, they can enjoy third-party as well as own damage coverage. Policyholders can also opt for several different add-ons when purchasing an ACKO standalone car insurance policy. The most attractive feature of standalone car insurance is that you do not have to buy comprehensive car insurance for your vehicle.
ACKO Standalone Car Insurance vs. Third-party Car Insurance vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
|ACKO Standalone Car Insurance||ACKO Third-Party Car Insurance||ACKO Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|This type of insurance policy is not mandatory by law.||This type of insurance policy is mandatory by law.||This type of insurance policy is not mandatory by law.|
|Provides Own Damage cover against damages||Does not provide Own Damage cover against damages||Provides coverage against own damages as well as third-party liabilities|
|Premiums are relatively lower than other policies.||Premiums are relatively lower than other policies.||Premiums are relatively higher than other policies.|
|Add-ons can be purchased along with this policy.||Add-ons are not available with this policy.||Add-ons can be purchased along with this policy.|
|Can be bought only if you have third-party car insurance||Has to be bought as a compulsion by every vehicle owner in India||Can be bought even without a third-party car insurance|
How to Buy ACKO Standalone Car Insurance?
In order to buy an ACKO car standalone insurance online, you must follow the steps given below:
- Download the ACKO app or visit the official website
- Fill the needed information, such as car model, registration number, etc., in the required fields
- Select the type of car insurance policy you want to purchase. In this case, choose the ACKO car standalone insurance policy
- Choose one of the quotes based on your needs
- Upload the specified documents and pay the premium
You will receive your policy details on your registered email.
What All is Covered Under ACKO Standalone Car Insurance Plan?
An ACKO standalone car insurance policy includes the following:
- Damages incurred by the car due to natural calamities such as floods, earthquakes, hurricanes, etc.
- Damages incurred by the car due to accidents and collisions
- Damages incurred by the car due to arson, theft, loss, etc.
- Damages incurred by the car due to explosions or fire
- Damages incurred by the car due to manmade destructions like riots and terrorist attacks
What All is not Covered Under ACKO Standalone Car Insurance Plan?
An ACKO car insurance standalone policy excludes the following:
- Third-party liabilities
- Consequential damages after an accident
- Loss of value due to depreciation
- Damages incurred by the car due to illegal driving
- Damages incurred by the car due to driving under the influence of intoxicants
- Damages incurred by the car due to driving with an expired insurance policy
- Damages incurred by the car due to mechanical and electrical breakdowns
- Damages incurred by the car due to driver’s negligence
- Damages incurred by the car due to driving without a valid driving licence
ACKO Standalone Car Insurance Benefits
- Convenient: The ACKO standalone car insurance policy is easy to purchase as it is available online as well as via the ACKO app. You can follow the process mentioned above and buy your policy with just a few clicks.
- Economical: Being a limited coverage policy, the ACKO standalone car insurance policy is available with low premiums throughout the policy term. This makes it extremely economical in nature.
- Easy renewals: With ACKO standalone car insurance online, you would not have to worry about renewing your expired policy. You can visit the official website of ACKO and gather more details about the same.
ACKO Standalone Car Insurance Review
By buying an ACKO standalone car insurance policy, you would be able to deal with liabilities in a cashless manner. ACKO has an exceptional customer service record that resolves queries on its online platform. Availability of an ACKO standalone car insurance policy is extremely easy as it is meant to be bought online. Online payment of premiums in a hassle-free manner saves time and energy on the buyer’s part.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
ACKO Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. What is an Outstation Emergency Cover?
An outstanding emergency cover protects the car in case of breakdowns and other events outside a 100km radius of your residence.
2. Can I raise a claim for an ACKO standalone car insurance policy in person?
You can only raise a claim for an ACKO standalone car insurance policy through their online portal.
3. Is an ACKO standalone car insurance policy mandatory to buy?
It is not mandatory to buy an ACKO standalone car insurance policy.
4. Does ACKO standalone car insurance policy provide a No-Claim Bonus?
Yes, for every claim-free year, ACKO provides a No-Claim Bonus along with the ACKO standalone car insurance policy.
5. Are there add-ons available with the ACKO standalone car insurance policy?
Yes, there are several add-ons available with the ACKO standalone car insurance policy.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More