Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
IFFCO-Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
IFFCO-Tokio Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance is one of the largest and most trusted private insurer in India. IFFCO Tokio has earned the trust of over a crore customers in its 20 years of service. IFFCO Tokio has digitalised customer journey for all policy transactions and thus providing a contact-less service. Be it instant policy issuance or quick claims settlement, all can happen with a few clicks or taps on your smartphone.
Claim Settlement Ratio
-Available at 4300+ Cashless Garages
-Available at 4300+ Cashless Garages
Available upto Rs 10,000
1. Does The Premium Amount Increase For My Policy After A Claim Is Processed?
The change in premium amount does not depend solely on claims. It also depends on other factors like the model of the vehicle, the nature of the policy, etc.
2. How Do I Get The Claim Form And The Cashless List Of Garages?
A detailed list of cashless garages is also found on the website. You can get the same here:
3. How Can I Register My Two-Wheeler Insurance Claim?
You should intimate your claim to the toll-free number of the call centre or send an email to the company or visit any branch. Alternatively, you can also register your claims through their QCS App.
4. Are Add-Ons Available With The Two-Wheeler Insurance Plans?
Yes, add-ons are available with the two-wheeler insurance plans. You can opt for depreciation cover, personal accident cover, etc. You must remember that each add-on comes at an additional cost. Hence for every add-on, you choose the premium amount for the policy is going to be hiked for it.
The popular add-ons are:
- Zero Depreciation Cover:
With this rider, the insured gets the benefit of the entire claim amount without the deduction of depreciation value, while claim settlement.
- No Claim Bonus Protection
The insured gets the benefit of having the no-claim bonus safe, despite a claim in the previous year.
- Return to invoice
The most beneficial rider, in return for an invoice, helps the insured get the original price value of the vehicle, even if the vehicle is deemed to be a total loss.
5. What Is No Claim Bonus (NCB) In Long-Term Two-Wheeler Policy?
No Claim Bonus accumulates in case the policyholder does not make any claim. These accumulated no claim bonuses can be as high as 50%.
1. Can you initiate the offline IFFCO Tokio bike insurance renewal procedure via SMS?
Yes. You can send an SMS ‘RENEW’ to 575758. You will receive the renewal link. Using this link, you can take your renewal procedure further.
2. Is bike insurance available with IFFCO Tokio renewed annually?
Yes, you have to renew your bike insurance policy once in every- year. However, in case of long-term policies, you can keep yourself away from this annual renewal hassle.
3. How can you know the next renewal date of your IFFCO Tokio bike insurance policy?
IFFCO Tokio sends a reminder to their policyholders before the date or expiry. It helps you get adequate time to renew your policy.
4. How can you get a hard copy of your IFFCO Tokio policy document?
You can easily download your bike renewal policy document from the official website of the company and generate a printout of it as a hard copy for your reference. The company also dispatches a hard copy/printout of the policy document to your registered address.
5. Can your IFFCO Tokio bike insurance be canceled?
Yes, the bike insurance policy can be canceled, but in case you only have third-party bike insurance, it is advisable not to cancel it to stay away from legal hassle and remain financially protected.
1. What is the maximum limit of claim requests in the case of IFFCO Tokio?
In case of a third-party person's death or bodily injury, the maximum limit is decided by the Court of Law.
2. Are original bills needed in the case of IFFCO Tokio bike reimbursement claims?
Yes. Original bills are needed in such cases.
3. How do you treat salvage in bike insurance claims?
In case of claims, the partly damaged goods or the wreck of a bike settled on a total loss basis is known as “salvage”. After settling the claim for the full amount, the salvage becomes the property of the insurance company.
4. Can I raise an IFFCO Tokio bike insurance claim online?
Yes, you can easily file an IFFCO Tokio bike insurance claim online.
1. What to do if you lose your IFFCO Tokio insurance policy document?
In that case, you need to apply for a duplicate copy of the policy documents to your insurance provider. You must have to sign an indemnity bond and the insurer may also ask the client to publish a newspaper advertisement for the same. Once your application is checked and verified, your insurer will issue a duplicate policy.
2. Can you use a QR code while downloading your IFFCO Tokio bike policy document?
Yes. You can download your policy documents using a digitized QR code.
3. Where can you store a digital copy of your IFFCO Tokio policy document?
If you do not have a hard copy with you, try to at least have a digital version of your insurance policy stored in your DigiLocker account. DigiLocker is a free service supported by the Government of India to help people save and store digital copies of their documents.
4. What can you do if you face any problems while downloading your IFFCO Tokio bike insurance policy?
You may call their customer support system or send a query to their official email. You can also use the IFFCO Tokio official helpline at 1800-103-5499. It is a toll-free number where you one of the customer care executive will assist you in getting a duplicate copy of the bike insurance policy document.
5. What is the official website of IFFCO Tokio, from where you can download bike insurance policy documents?
You can download the policy documents from here https://www.IFFCOtokio.co.in/
Add On Covers
1. Is it mandatory to buy IFFCO Tokio add-ons?
No, add-ons are optional.
2. Do you need to bear extra cost for IFFCO Tokio add-on covers?
Yes, you need to bear the extra cost for add-ons.
3. What are the most popular add-on covers offered by IFFCO Tokio?
Zero Depreciation Cover, No Claim Bonus or NCB Protection and Return-to Invoice – these are the most popular add-ons.
4. Can you transfer your accumulated NCB from the previous insurer to IFFCO Tokio?
Yes, IFFCO Tokio allows the transfer of NCB from the previous insurance company. A policyholder will continue to receive all his/her benefits with IFFCO Tokio if the policyholder can produce the last renewal notice, declaration of no-claim bonus, and documents related to the entitlement of NCB.
5. Is a towing facility available with IFFCO Tokio roadside assistance cover?
Yes, IFFCO Tokio provides a towing facility as roadside assistance.
1. Which factors affect IFFCO Tokio comprehensive bike insurance?
• Policy type
• The make, model and variant of the bike
• Policy tenure
2. What is the claim settlement of IFFCO Tokio?
The claim settlement ratio of IFFCO Tokio is 95.82 for FY-21.
3. Is it a good decision to buy IFFCO Tokio comprehensive bike insurance for an old bike?
The premium amount also declines when your two wheeler gets older. However, you should always focus on its usage when it comes to buying an old bike. If you are using your bike regularly, you may opt for comprehensive insurance coverage, but if you apply it sparingly, you can opt for third-party insurance.
4. How do you know if your IFFCO Tokio bike insurance is comprehensive?
Your bike insurance policy document is proof that you have a comprehensive insurance policy.
5. Can you customize your IDV for IFFCO Tokio comprehensive two-wheeler insurance?
Yes, you can customize IDV for your bike. But IDV comes with its pros and cons. You will have to pay a higher premium when you declare a higher IDV. On the other hand, if you opt for a lower IDV, it reduces the compensation that you get during the claim.
1. Who will get compensation in third-party policy, in case there is a death in an accident?
In a third-party policy, if there is a death in an accident, the company would give compensation to their nominee.
2. How much compensation can be offered in case of the death of a third party?
The amount of compensation in such cases would be decided by the court of law.
3. Can you bear unlimited liability without IFFCO Tokio third-party insurance policy?
If you are not financially sound, you might find it difficult to pay off your liabilities arising out of third-party expenses. Therefore, it is recommended to have a third-party policy in place.
4. What is the minimum coverage tenure for IFFCO Tokio third-party policy?
For new bikes, the minimum coverage period is 5 years. But after that, the policy must be applied for annual renewals.
5. What is the way to get a duplicate copy of the IFFCO Tokio third-party bike insurance policy?
In case you have lost/misplaced your insurance cover, then you can request a copy of your policy document from the IFFCO Tokio insurance provider through a written application.
1. Does IFFCO Tokio zero dep cover offer 24*7 road assistance?
No, IFFCO Tokio zero dep cover doesn’t offer 24*7 road assistance.
2. Does IFFCO Tokio two-wheeler zero dep insurance provide a cashless claim policy?
Yes, to ensure maximum convenience for policyholders, the cashless network of IFFCO Tokio two-wheeler insurance across India offers easy claims settlement assistance services. Policyholders can choose their preferred mode of payment (online and offline) and enjoy hassle-free facilities.
3. Can I exclude IFFCO Tokio zero dep add-on from my bike insurance policy?
Yes, you can exclude this add-on from your IFFCO Tokio bike insurance policy at the time of policy renewal.
4. Does IFFCO Tokio zero depreciation two-wheeler insurance policy cover accidents and damages caused outside the geographical area specified in the policy registration document?
No, the zero depreciation policy does not allow this.
5. Can you change your IFFCO Tokio policy details?
Yes, you are able to do so by filing an endorsement with the policy insurer.
1. Is zero depreciation cover available with IFFCO Tokio standalone bike insurance ?
The zero depreciation cover can be availed with your basic standalone bike insurance policy at an additional premium as an add-on.
2. Can IFFCO Tokio cancel my standalone bike insurance policy?
Yes, the company can cancel the policy on the grounds of moral hazard, fraud, non-cooperation or misrepresentation by the owner of the insured bike. In such a case, IFFCO Tokio sends 7 days’ notice to the insured at the provided address.
3. In IFFCO Tokio standalone bike insurance, what does the specific term two-wheeler mean?
Two-wheeler basically means vehicles like motorcycle/scooter/autocycle or any other motorized automobiles that have maximum two wheels.
4. Can I renew by IFFCO Tokio standalone policy online?
Yes, you can instantly renew your policy online at the official website of IFFCO Tokio.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More