Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Kotak Car Insurance Highlights
Kotak General Insurance, a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., offers a wide range of non-life insurance products such as vehicle insurance, health insurance, etc, to tap into the emerging protection needs. Its strong management practices and a team of experienced professionals have allowed it to insure 45 lakh+ customers till September 2021.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Life is full of unexpected events. What if you get involved in a car accident, and it turns your world upside down? Make sure to purchase suitable protection at the time of buying a car. Additionally, according to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, every Indian citizen must get their car insured and renew the policy yearly. A Kotak Mahindra four-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy can be the ideal choice to give your car complete protection. This type of car insurance also protects the passengers in an accident. Read on to learn more about Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance.
How does Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Insurance Work?
Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance works as a saviour when facing an accident. Therefore, it's a combined package covering third-party liabilities, own damages, etc. Whether you damage your car during a typhoon or become a victim of car theft, this policy will compensate you. Apart from the ones mentioned, this policy covers many other damages. Kotak Mahindra four-wheeler insurance policy provides complete protection against any financial requirement for the policyholder. Raising a claim is also extremely easy as it can be done online.
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance vs. Third-party Car Insurance
As the name suggests, third-party car insurance covers only the damages made to a third-party car, the bodily injuries of the passengers and the driver in the third-party vehicle. On the other hand, Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance backs you up in almost every unfortunate scenario with its extensive coverage. However, besides the coverages, premiums and other facilities also differ between these policies. Do follow the table below to know more about the distinction.
|Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy||Third-Party Car Insurance Policy|
|This policy is optional to buy.||This policy is compulsory to buy as per Motor Vehicles Act,1988.|
|This policy provides compensation for the own damages of the four-wheeler and the physical injuries of the policyholder, including third-party coverages.||This policy covers only the damages made to any third-party property and any third-parties physical injuries/death.|
|Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance policy also covers the losses made due to theft, natural calamities, man-made disasters, and more.||This policy does not cover anything more than third-party liabilities. So, coverage for losses caused by theft and natural and man-made calamities is not possible in this case.|
|As Kotak Mahindra four-wheeler comprehensive policy provides a variety of coverages; hence the premium is relatively higher.||Its limited coverage is the reason behind its relatively lower premium.|
|Policyholders can enjoy the benefits of add-ons by purchasing them with this policy.||Policyholders cannot buy any add-on covers with it.|
How to Buy Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Insurance Policy?
To purchase a Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance, you can visit a nearby Kotak Mahindra branch or apply online through their official website. The following steps must be followed:
- First, go to the website or the nearest office of Kotak Mahindra.
- Then, select the policy you want to buy and fill in all the information required.
- Next, choose your preferred quote and make the necessary payments.
- Finally, collect all the details regarding your policy in person or through email.
What all is Covered Under Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Kotak Mahindra comprehensive four-wheeler insurance provides ample coverage to the policyholders. Check out the pointers to get a clear idea regarding its coverages.
- This policy covers the damages made to any third-party assets during an accident. Moreover, it provides coverage for the physical injuries/death of the third-party (passengers and driver) involved.
- Kotak Mahindra car comprehensive insurance policy provides coverage in case of any bodily damages to the car due to an accident or disaster.
- This policy also provides personal accident covers that compensate for the car driver's severe injuries or death (who may or may not be the policyholder) and the other passengers.
- Any damages made to the car due to natural calamities like thunderstorms, heavy rainfall, cyclone, hailstorm, frost, landslides, etc.
- It also provides coverage against fire and explosion.
- Losses caused by any man-made disasters such as riots, terror attacks, burglary, theft, accidents, etc., will be covered under this policy.
What all is not Included Under Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy?
Check out cases when the policyholder won’t be able to claim.
- Usual depreciation of the car
- Mechanical and electric breakdowns
- Damages due to nuclear attacks or war
- In case the car is involved in any illegal activity
- An accident caused by a driver who does not have a valid licence/policy
- If the damages are caused by driving under the influence of drugs or addictive liquor
- In case of any contractual liability
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance Benefits
Take a look at Kotak's benefits to its customers through the Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance policy.
- Kotak provides cashless servicing to its customers for a hassle-free experience while buying a policy and paying premiums.
- You can opt for a voluntary deductible and a compulsory deductible to enjoy an additional discount on premiums.
- The Kotak Mahindra four-wheeler comprehensive insurance provides customers with the benefits of purchasing add-on covers. They are engine protection, tyre cover, key replacement, depreciation cover, NCB protection, etc.
- If the previous year remains claim-free, the policyholder can ask for an NCB or No Claim Bonus.
- If you are a member of AAI or the Automobile Association of India, you can enjoy an additional discount.
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy Review
You meet with a bit of clash, and it would smite the look of your car and its functionality. Therefore, buying a Kotak Mahindra four-wheeler comprehensive insurance would be wise for car owners. The premium might look a bit expensive, but you must focus on the long list of covers and benefits it provides. Kotak provides customers with many options regarding premium options to make the process easier for everyone. In addition, policyholders can avail of many additional discounts while purchasing the policy.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. How to claim a Kotak Mahindra comprehensive insurance after an accident?
Contact the Kotak Mahindra car insurance company and settle your claim. Cashless claim settlement is also available. Do not start any repairing work before the inspection starts.
2. How much cover does the Kotak Mahindra car comprehensive insurance policy provide in case of a third-party property damage?
In such cases, Kotak provides up to INR 7.5 lakhs under its comprehensive car insurance coverage.
3. Will the policyholder be covered for bodily injuries if they were seated in the passenger’s seat during the accident?
Yes, any injured passenger will be covered under this policy, whether the owner, paid driver, or anyone sitting inside the car.
4. What are some purchasable add-ons with the Kotak Mahindra comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can purchase add-ons like tyre cover, engine protection, key replacement, roadside assistance, consumable covers, etc.
5. What is a No Claim Bonus in comprehensive car insurance?
It is like an additional benefit. You could avail of an NCB if the previous year were claim-free.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More