Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
National Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Motor Vehicles Act makes it mandatory for all vehicle owners to purchase insurance to drive on Indian roads legally. However, this act calls explicitly for third-party insurance. Third-party insurance provides financial protection to third-party in case of an emergency. But, if you avail of third-party insurance, you do not get any financial cover. So, in case of an eventuality, all the financial burden will fall on you. To save yourself from the unnecessary burden, you can opt for the standalone insurance policy if you do not want to purchase a comprehensive policy.
National Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy is a policy that is explicitly curated by keeping the policyholder in mind. A two wheeler insurance policyholder gets monetary compensation against the damage incurred on their vehicle due to their own negligence. Aside from this, it also protects acts of violence such as theft, vandalism, arson, etc. You can purchase this insurance without surrendering your National third-party two-wheeler insurance.
National Standalone Own Damage Bike Insurance Vs. Third Party Bike Insurance Vs. Comprehensive Bike Insurance
Following is the tabular representation of the differences between the standalone policy of National bike insurance, National third-party bike insurance, and National comprehensive bike insurance.
|Standalone Bike Insurance
|Third Party Bike Insurance
|Comprehensive Bike Insurance
|It provides the protective financial cover only to the policyholder’s vehicular damage.
|It provides protective financial cover to the vehicular or physical damage incurred to the third-party due to your negligence.
|This insurance provides the financial protective cover to both third-parties and the physical and vehicular damage of the policyholder.
|You are allowed to purchase add-on covers along with your insurance policy.
|The insurer does not offer you to purchase any add-on covers along with this insurance policy.
|You can opt to add multiple add-on covers along with your base insurance policy to customize it.
|This insurance policy is slightly more expensive than third-party bike insurance but cheaper than comprehensive bike insurance.
|It is the cheapest policy amongst all.
|The premiums of the National comprehensive bike insurance policy are significantly higher.
|Optional to buy.
|Mandatory to buy.
|Optional to buy.
What All is Covered Under National Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are covered under the National standalone bike insurance:
- Accidental Damages: This policy covers if your vehicle gets damaged in an accident, such as a collision or even with another vehicle due to a mistake on your end.
- Natural Disasters: If the vehicle is damaged as a result of natural calamities like flood, earthquake, cyclone, etc., then the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy will cover it.
- Man-made Disasters: Damages incurred due to man-made disasters still qualify for getting your insurance claim amount. It includes acts of vandalism, strikes and riots.
- Theft: If your two-wheeler gets stolen or gets damaged in the process of the theft, then you receive monetary compensation for it.
- Fire: Natural fire or man-made arson; if your vehicle faces any damage due to this, then you are eligible to make an insurance claim.
- In Transit Damage: Damages incurred during the in-transit of the vehicle are compensated.
- By Landslide: Landslide or road slide damages are compensated in the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy.
What All is not Covered Under National Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The following things are not covered under the National standalone bike insurance:
- Third-party Liability: This insurance does not provide any monetary compensation for the third-party claims. It also does not provide any legal protection to you against third-party liabilities.
- Consequential Damages: If you get into an accident and subsequently, your vehicle gets damaged over the course of the period and not at the moment. These damages are not covered under the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy.
- Contributory Negligence: If your vehicle gets damaged under the circumstances you weren't supposed to do, such as driving in a war-prone area, then no compensation is provided.
- Driving without a Licence: Not driving with the proper licence at the time of the accident will not be applicable at the time of making a claim.
- Wear and Tear: Damages incurred as a result of wear and tear of the vehicle or, in general, will be deducted from the claim amount at the time of the claim settlement.
- Breakdown: If the vehicle breaks down due to mechanical or electrical failure, it is not covered under the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy.
National Standalone Own Damage Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Benefits
Following is the list of benefits that you avail yourself with the National standalone bike insurance:
- You are eligible to claim a no claim bonus for not claiming a single claim during the policy term.
- You can strengthen the policy by purchasing add-on covers as per suitability.
- You are the sole beneficiary of the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy.
- You can get quick and hassle-free claim settlement.
- You can get your vehicle repaired at any network cashless garage.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
National Standalone Bike Insurance FAQs
1. Can I purchase the National standalone policy bike online?
Yes, you can purchase the National standalone bike policy online.
2. What is the maximum tenure of the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy?
You can purchase National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy for 5 years, if you are a new bike owner. Else, policy can be availble for tenures like 1 year, 2 years and 3 years.
3. How much compensation is given in the National standalone two-wheeler insurance policy?
The exact compensation in case of death or bodily injuries to the policyholder, will be decided by the Court of Law.
4. How can we pay the National Insurance company's premiums?
You can pay National Insurance company's premiums either via making cash payments at the branch or by online modes such as credit or debit cards, net banking, etc.
5. Can I check the National Insurance policy status online?
You can check the National Insurance policy status online by logging in on the official website using the proper credentials.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More