Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
United India Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does the United India Car Insurance Company offer?
The company offers a wide range of add-on cover that helps to widen the scope of car insurance coverage and secure oneself financially against the damages and losses. All the add-on covers are available by paying a minimal premium amount.
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the United India Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio is 120.79% for motor insurance for United India Insurance Company for 2018-19.
3. How can I check my United India Car Claim status online?
To check the United India Car Insurance Claim status online kindly visit the https://portal.uiic.in/GCWebPortal/PolicyDocument/PolicyDocumentActionFirst.do
4. How can I download my United India Car Policy Document Online?
Visit https://portal.uiic.in/GCWebPortal/PolicyDocument/PolicyDocumentActionFirst.do to download your United India Car Insurance Policy Document online.
5. How long does the United India Insurance Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The United India Insurance Company has a quick claim settlement process. The company processes the claim as soon as all the relevant documents are received by the company.
6. Does the United India Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, the company does not provide for pay-as-you-drive car insurance facility.
1. Is there long-term coverage with United India that I don't have to renew every year?
Yes, United India provides new car owners with long-term comprehensive car insurance coverage, with the first renewal occurring after 3 years and future renewals that occur annually.
2. What are the mandatory documents to renew an insurance policy at United India?
Following is the list of mandatory documents for insurance policy renewal at United India:
- ID Proof
- Address proof
- Passport-sized photographs
- RC or car registration
- Existing car insurance policy number
- Credit and debit card details
3. Can I opt for add-ons while renewing my United India car insurance?
Yes, you can opt from a wide range of add-ons when renewing car insurance.
4. What happens if I miss United India car insurance renewal deadline?
The insurance will lapse if you do not renew it before the expiration date. In addition, due to your failure to renew your car insurance, you would be required to pay a fine.
5. What happens if I lose my United India policy number?
If you lose your original vehicle insurance policy number, you can request a duplicate copy of the number's policy document. You have to either download the policy from your United India’s website or request an exact policy copy from your insurer.
1. What are the various types of insurance policy claims available at United India?
At United India, there are two types of insurance claims - cashless claims and reimbursement claims.
2. In what situation can my United India Car Insurance claim get rejected?
The following are some of the reasons that lead to the cancellation of a car insurance policy claim:
- The driver fails to present a valid driver's license.
- The driver was found consuming some intoxicating substances while driving.
- Accidents caused by the driver's lack of attention or carelessness.
- It was discovered that the information given on the insurance claim form was erroneous.
3. Can United India refuse to pay my auto insurance claim if I don't notify it within its specified time frame?
Yes, United India holds the right to deny your car insurance claim if you do not notify it within the timeframe specified by the insurance company.
4. Is online car insurance claim procedure safe in United India?
Yes, the online car insurance claim process at United India is safe and easy to accomplish.
5. Do I need to complete a vehicle survey after it is involved in an accident for which I have filed an insurance claim with United India?
Yes, a surveyor inspector will be assigned to check your car before the claim procedure goes further, as per the terms and conditions of United India
1. Can I download the United India car insurance policy document online?
Yes, you can easily download the United India car insurance policy in simple steps using the policy number provided to you while buying the insurance.
2. Is it legal for me to drive my car without having an United India motor insurance policy?
According to the Indian Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, car owners must buy a valid car insurance policy, at least a third-party policy. Else, driving without this policy is ilegal and a punishable offense.
3. Will United India provide insurance for my brand-new car and allow me to download the policy?
You can easily purchase a car insurance policy for your brand-new car. Then, right after the payment confirmation, you can download the policy document.
4. What is the toll-free number for the United India customer desk?
You can call for any assistance at United India on toll-free number- 180042533333.
5. How long does United India take to provide an insurance policy for my car?
At United India, you can buy insurance quickly via online mode.
Add On Covers
1. What benefit will I get through United India add-on covers?
As the name says, car insurance add-ons provide you additional insurance benefits regarding the compensation besides the basic coverage. Add-on act like an extra layer of protection to your car and allow you to claim for such damages which are usually not covered in base policy.
2. Can I leverage multiple United India add-ons?
Yes, you have the choice to opt for multiple additional add-ons.
3. Can United India insurance add-ons be available on third-party insurance?
No, only comprehensive and standalone car insurance holders can opt for insurance add-ons.
4. Are United India car insurance add-ons free?
No, you must pay some extra cost on your primary insurance policy to avail add-on benefits.
5. Which United India car insurance add-ons are the best?
The best add-ons rely on your requirements. However, zero depreciation, engine cover roadside assistance and return to invoice add-on covers are the most beneficial ones.
1. How can I buy a comprehensive car insurance policy from United India car insurance?
You can buy a suitable comprehensive car insurance policy from the company's website or by visiting its nearest branch.
2. What are the different modes of premium payment at United India car Insurance?
You can pay premiums via both online and offline modes.
3. What are the steps for United India comprehensive car insurance policy renewal?
Here are the following steps for policy renewal that need to be followed:-
- Provide the policy number and the expiry date on United India's website.
- Pick a payment option.
- Download the payment receipt.
4. What is the standard deadline to renew a comprehensive car insurance policy with United India?
You need to renew the policy before 90 days of the expiry date of the United India comprehensive car insurance policy.
5. Can I cancel my United India comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can visit the nearest branch and apply for cancellation anytime.
1. What makes me eligible for a United India third-party car insurance policy?
Raheja QBE third-party car insurance is available to car owners who have registered their vehicles with the Regional Transport Authority of India (RTA).
2. Is it safer to buy a third-party insurance policy online with United India?
Yes, United India allows the customer to safely buy any insurance plan online or offline.
3. How much is the United India third-party car insurance premium?
The premium will depend on the IRDAI regulations regarding third-party car insurance. However, it remains far less than the other car insurance variants.
4. Can I skip buying United India third-party insurance if I am a skilled driver?
Regardless of driving skills or claim history, all automobile owners are required to acquire third-party coverage.
5. Does United India third-party car insurance cover your vehicle?
No, it doesn’t. It only saves you against third-party claims. For your vehicle, you can buy United India comprehensive policy that will also cover third-party claims.
1. What does United India zero depreciation car insurance mean?
Zero depreciation car insurance, often known as a zero dep cover, provides coverage without considering the vehicle's depreciation value. This ensures that United India will cover the entire cost if your car is damaged in an accident.
2. How does United India zero depreciation car insurance differ from its basic insurance policy?
United India zero depreciation car insurance provides you the whole claim amount without accounting for depreciation , whereas a standard policy factors in depreciation.
3. Can I transfer zero depreciation to another policyholder in United India?
Transfer of a basic policy or add-on to another person can be done while selling the vehicle to him/her.
4. Is zero depreciation car insurance mentioned in the United India insurance policy document?
If you chose Zero Depreciation as an add-on to your comprehensive or standalone own damage, the policy statement would mention the complete information about the insurance type.
5. Is United India zero depreciation coverage only available for new vehicles?
United India zero depreciation is suitable for a car aged less than five years.
1. Can I buy both the third-party insurance and standalone insurance from United India?
Yes, you can buy both the policies from United India.
2. What is the eligibility criteria to buy a standalone car insurance policy from United India?
Anybody can buy a standalone car insurance policy from United India if he already owns third-party insurance.
3. Is a standalone car Insurance policy from United India cheaper than comprehensive policy?
Yes, a standalone car Insurance policy is affordable compared to a comprehensive car insurance policy.
4. Does United India standalone car Insurance policy cover personal accident damages?
Yes, a standalone car Insurance policy is designed to cover all your expenses regarding the personal accident damages.
5. Can I buy United India standalone car Insurance policy safely online?
Yes, you can buy this policy and even pay the premium safely online.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More