Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Universal Sompo Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
1. How many add-on covers does the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company offer?
Here is a complete list of add-on covers offered by the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company:
- Nil Depreciation Cover
- Return to Invoice
- Daily Cash Allowance
- Accidental Hospitalisation Clause for Family
- Key Replacement
- Roadside Assistance
- Cost of Consumables
- Secure Towing
- Hydrostatic Lock Cover
- Engine Protector
- NCB Protector
- Child Education Support
- Wider PA Benefit for Owner-Driver
- Loss of Personal Belongings
- Accidental Hospitalisation for owner-driver
- Additional Expense Coverage
- Loss of Driving License or Registration Certificate
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the Universal Sompo Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio is 88% for motor insurance for Universal Sompo Insurance Company for 2018-19.
3. How can I check my Universal Sompo Car Claim status online?
Click on https://www.universalsompo.in/ClaimInfo/ClaimSearch.aspx to check car claim status online
4. How can I download my Universal Sompo Car Policy Document Online?
Customers can download the policy while applying for the car insurance policy. Once the premium payment is done the website will automatically navigate you to download policy document digital interface.
5. How long does the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited is very swift and prompt in car insurance claim settlement. Once all the required documents are received the claim settlement process is started and is settled within maximum 7 working days.
6. Does the Universal Sompo General Insurance Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited does not offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance.
1. In how much time should you renew your Universal Sompo car insurance policy?
Policy renewals must be done before the expiration of the Universal Sompo car insurance plan. For example, if you have forgotten to renew your car insurance policy, Universal Sompo gives you as much as 90 days from the expiry date to renew your policy.
2. Can Universal Sompo car insurance renewal be denied?
Universal Sompo can reject policy renewals in certain scenarios. These may include frequent claims made by you in a particular policy year. Plus, if you drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol, not only will Universal Sompo reject your claim but could deny renewals too. Too many fines imposed on you for rash driving, if remains the case, could lead to renewal rejections by Universal Sompo. All these give the insurance company a negative impression about your car driving skills, leading to renewal rejections. Universal Sompo could deny car insurance policy renewals in case of policies remaining expired for a long time.
Universal Sompo car insurance renewal will not happen if the policyholder dies right after purchasing the policy. The death of the insured person directly results in the policy lapse, negating the process of renewal.
3. How can you get the soft copy of your Universal Sompo car insurance policy renewal?
You can get a soft copy of the policy document by checking the same on your email ID. Because Universal Sompo emails you the policy document the moment you are done with car insurance renewal premium payments. Another way is to visit the official website of Universal Sompo and do these -
- Click on ‘renew now’ placed under private car (comprehensive package and third-party liability policies).
- You’ll then need to enter your policy number and then click on ‘renew now’
- It will show the details of your renewed policy
4. Can you use mobile payments apps like Paytm to renew your Universal Sompo car insurance policies?
Yes, you can! Universal Sompo has announced that it has activated the Paytm platform facility for car and health insurance policy renewals.
5. Can you transfer the no claim bonus or NCB from the previous owner in the case of Universal Sompo car insurance?
Universal Sompo car insurance allows its customers to transfer their NCB from the previous owner.
1. Your car met with an accident. You are the second owner of the vehicle, and Universal Sompo car insurance is still under the ownership of the previous owner. Can you claim insurance in this case?
Unfortunately, the policyholder would not be able to raise a claim for damages in the case as mentioned earlier.
2. Can you raise a Universal Sompo car insurance claim for damages that have accumulated over time?
3. Can Universal Sompo deny settling your car insurance claim if you fail to inform the same within the stipulated time frame?
Yes, the insurer is entitled to reject your claim in such cases.
4. Can you track your Universal Sompo Claim?
Yes, you can do it on the official website of Universal Sompo. Once you land there, click on ‘track claims’. A new form will come wherein you need to enter your name, contact details, email ID and phone number, etc. Next, you will have to select the policy type and then submit the details. Afterward, you could check and track your insurance claim status.
1. What are the ways of getting a duplicate Universal Sompo car insurance policy document if the original is lost?
Ways to get duplicate copies of your car insurance papers:
- Contact your insurance agent.
- Write to the insurance company.
- Submit an application.
- File a police complaint.
- Publish an advertisement.
- Get an indemnity bond.
2. Will you be charged for an indemnity bond while asking for a duplicate Universal Sompo car insurance policy document?
You will have to pay the fee and the stamp fee to obtain the indemnity bond.
3. Can you use the DigiLocker facility to store the Universal Sompo car insurance policy document?
Yes. The DigiLocker is a safe and secure digital storage platform backed by the Government of India. It helps you store government-issued personal and official documents in a digital format.
4. Are Universal Sompo car insurance customer service representatives available 24/7?
Yes, the Universal Sompo car insurance customer care team is available 24/7 on the toll-free numbers available on the company’s website.
5. How can you check your Universal Sompo car insurance policy status?
You can check the insurance status via VAHAN:
- Firstly, go to the website for VAHAN.
- Click on the ‘know your vehicle details’ tab.
- Now, provide the car's registration number and enter the verification code.
- Click on ‘search vehicle’.
- You will then see the insurance details.
Add On Covers
1. Do I have to follow a different claim process if I have bought Universal Sompo car insurance add-on covers?
No, the claim procedure stays the same even if you have riders added to your base policy. Contact Universal Sompo about the situation as soon as you face it. It will be followed by a surveyor visit to where your car is. Following the inspection made by the surveyor regarding the extent of damage, the car will be towed to the nearest garage for repairs. After the vehicle repair is done, Universal Sompo will settle the claim amount for the applicable rider.
2. Is buying Universal Sompo car insurance add-ons beneficial to me as a vehicle owner?
As a vehicle owner, it is never a bad thing to increase the protective cover against damages. So, you could consider buying Universal Sompo car insurance add-on covers to protect yourself against expenses not covered under your basic insurance policy.
3. How can one cope with vehicle damage due to rain using Universal Sompo car insurance add-on covers?
The engine protection add-on would cover the damages caused to your vehicle from water seepage or ingression.
4. Can Universal Sompo add-on cover help prevent the effects of depreciation during car insurance claim settlement?
Yes, Universal Sompo car insurance depreciation waiver add-on helps ensure the same.
5. Are Universal Sompo car insurance add-on covers renewable?
Yes, you can renew Universal Sompo car insurance add-on covers the same as your basic coverage. Infact, the renewal for both basic and add-on covers will happen on the same date. The premium of both basic coverage and add-on covers will add up, and you will need to pay the combined sum to Universal Sompo.
1. Which factors determine the own damage premium of Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy?
Insured declared value, Cubic capacity, the RTO of registration, age of the car, voluntary deductible, and NCB (if opted).
2. Will you be able to get a personal accident cover from Universal Sompo if your car is registered with someone else's name?
Unfortunately, no. To avail of the personal accident cover for your car insurance, your car must be registered under your name. But, personal accident cover for other occupants can be bought against additional premiums.
3. Imagine you have lost your Universal Sompo car insurance policy. In that case, is it possible to get a duplicate one?
Yes, it's possible. To get a duplicate copy of your insurance policy document, visit your nearest Universal Sompo branch with a written request and pay a nominal fee.
4. What is the maximum amount offered, in case of third-party property damages, by Universal Sompo?
The maximum amount offered, in case of third-party property damages, by Universal Sompo INR is 7.5 lakh.
5. Does Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance offer any discounts?
- Discount for being a member of automobile Association
- Discount after installing anti-theft devices in your car
- NCB discounts on subsequent renewals
1. Does the model of the car affect the premium amount of Universal Sompo third-party car insurance?
It doesn’t. The premium is decided by the IRDAI.
2. According to which act, has the Government of India made it compulsory to have third-party car insurance from insurers such as Universal Sompo?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is compulsory to have a valid third-party car insurance from insurers such as Universal Sompo.
3. Is a no claim bonus included with Universal Sompo third party car insurance?
No. A no claim bonus is a type of reward which is awarded only if you purchase comprehensive or standalone own damage four-wheeler insurance.
4. What are the various methods of paying the premium amount for Universal Sompo third-party car insurance?
Universal Sompo third-party car insurance premiums can be paid by any of the following modes-
• Net Banking
- Debit card/credit card
• Demand Draft (DD)
5. What is the procedure for settling a claim in the case of Universal Sompo third-party car insurance?
You need to intimate Universal Sompo as soon as your insured car hits the third person in an accident. The concerned individual will need to file an FIR with the nearest police station. Universal Sompo will go through all these and approve your claim if it finds it to be genuine.
1. How many zero depreciation claims can be filed during the tenure of a Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy?
During the policy tenure, only 2 zero depreciation claims can be filed with Universal Sompo.
2. What is the deductible amount for depreciation on wooden car parts in the case of Universal Sompo car insurance zero depreciation cover?
The age of the car determines the deductible amount for depreciation on wooden car parts. The depreciation rate in the first year is usually 5% and 10%, in the 2nd year. And it keeps on rising with each passing year.
3. Is Universal Sompo zero depreciation cover applicable to every mishap?
No, it does not work in cases of theft, constructive loss, and total loss of the insured vehicle.
4. How does a car’s age affect your zero depreciation cover?
The zero depreciation cover is applicable only for cars that are not more than five years old.
1. Where can I find Universal Sompo standalone car insurance proposal form?
You can download it by clicking on the link mentioned below:
2. Can Universal Sompo standalone car insurance be cancelled?
Yes, the Universal Sompo standalone car insurance policy can be cancelled on account of incorrect details mentioned in the application form, premium payment cheque bounce, etc. These cancellations are more due to the insured’s fault. In case the insured doesn’t want to continue with Universal Sompo standalone car insurance, he/she can apply for the policy cancellation. The insurance company will thus process your policy cancellation request and get it done.
3. Does Universal Sompo send any notice to the policyholder regarding policy cancellation?
Universal Sompo may cancel the policy by sending a 7-day notice in writing to the policyholder’s last known address. The policyholder will then receive a pro-rata premium refund for the unexpired period of this policy from the date of cancellation.
4. Is Universal Sompo standalone car insurance better than the company’s comprehensive plan ?
Universal Sompo standalone car insurance premium is lower than that of the company’s comprehensive plan. But that does not mean the standalone plan is better. The enhanced coverage makes a comprehensive plan imperative for policyholders to have.
4. How can I contact Universal Sompo regarding a standalone own damage insurance policy?
You can raise your queries to Universal Sompo standalone car insurance customer care representatives by dialing the toll-free numbers available on the insurer’s website.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More