Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between Allianz SE, the world’s leading insurer, and Bajaj Finserv Limited. The Company received the certificate of registration from IRDA on 2nd May 2001 and is one of the largest private insurer in the industry today, with offices in over 1100 towns and cities. The company recently changed its brand identity to ‘Caringly Yours’ and aims not just to take its service to the next level, but also seeks to provide the best customer experience at every touchpoint and make insurance a pull rather than a push product.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Zero paper claims
Available upto Rs 10,000
1. What are the add-ons available with the Bajaj Allianz Two Wheeler Insurance plans?
The available add-ons are:
- Zero Depreciation Cover
- NCB Protect
- Helmet Cover
- 24X7 Assistance
- Engine Protect
- Consumable Expenses
Personal Accident Cover for Pillion Rider
2. What is the No Claim Bonus?
No Claim Bonus is a discount bonus that you receive when you do not make a claim during a policy year. The first claim-free year fetches you a 20% discount. The NCB can go up to 50%.
3. Does Bajaj Allianz Two-Wheeler Insurance offer long term plans?
Yes. You can opt for a long-term insurance cover with the Bajaj Allianz Bundled two-wheeler policy that includes 5 years of third-party liability and 1 or more years of own-damage cover.
4. Can I buy my bike insurance plan offline?
Yes, you can. You would have to visit a Bajaj Allianz branch office and purchase the bike insurance from there. You can locate a branch nearby through the website.
5. How can I locate a Bajaj Allianz network garage near me?
Locating a network is easy. You can go to the website or just click https://www.bajajallianz.com/locatorbranch.html.
1. What are the required documents for Bajaj Allianz bike renewal?
The renewal process for two-wheelers at Bajaj Allianz is user-friendly, requiring only the existing policy and the registration certificate.
2. How much time does it take for the policy document to arrive for offline renewal?
You get the policy document hard copy after 7 to 10 days needed for its processing. Alternatively, you can download the insurance policy document from the Bajaj Allianz portal anytime during the policy term.
3. What are the consequences of your two-wheeler insurance policy lapses?
The adverse effects of the expiry of the two-wheeler insurance policy are:
- You lose the NCB continuity
- You face third-party liability risks
- The cost of repairs of the two-wheeler goes up without insurance coverage.
4. How much is the grace period for Bajaj Allianz’s two-wheeler insurance renewal?
You get a grace period of 30 days from the expiry date for Bajaj Allianz’s two-wheeler insurance renewal.
5. Can you renew the third-party insurance at one insurer while the own-damage policy at another?
It is convenient to renew the comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy with the same insurer, but you can also choose different insurers.
1. What is the procedure for a Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance claim for a stolen bike?
You must file an FIR and obtain a No Trace certificate from the Police and an intimation to the relevant RTO. Submit the keys and other documents to register and initiate a claim as per the policy terms.
2. Why do deductibles come into play in Bajaj Allianz’s bike insurance claim?
Deductibles are of predetermined value that you must compulsorily pay as your share of the repair cost.
3. Deductibles are of predetermined value that you must compulsorily pay as your share of the repair cost.
You can register the claim with a policy number or duplicate policy document downloaded from the insurer’s official website.
4. Is it necessary to inform the insurer about modifications to the insured bike?
It is always advisable to inform the insurer about the modifications made to your bike to prevent any hassle during the claim settlement process.
5. How is the reimbursement for the Bajaj Allianz bike insurance claim settled?
Insurers usually route the reimbursement of claim settlement through the banking channels only with direct credit to the policyholder’s account.
1. How do you submit the copy of the misplaced two-wheeler policy document while lodging a claim?
A copy of the two-wheeler policy is compulsory with every claim. If misplaced, it is best to download the Bajaj Allianz bike insurance policy from the customer portal to comply.
2. What is the primary input for Bajaj Allianz bike insurance copy download at their customer portal?
You can seek the Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler policy download policy at the customer portal, primarily using the policy number and other minor details.
3. Why should you choose the Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance?
Bajaj Allianz’s two-wheeler insurance enjoys overwhelming preference over others for its huge network garages spread across India, providing cashless claim processing and settlement.
4. Is it mandatory to carry the hard copy of the Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy?
As per the amendments in the MV Act of 1989, producing hard copies of mandatory vehicle documents is no longer necessary for legal compliance. Instead, the digital formats of the documents on the phone or mParivahan app are considered equal and sufficient for inspection.
5. Can you choose add-on covers with your Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance policy?
Yes, Bajaj Allianz offers several add-on covers with comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy to augment the risk coverage.
Add On Covers
1. If the ownership of the bike has been transferred during the policy period, will I continue to enjoy add-on covers?
Bajaj Allianz categorically mentions that add-on covers like depreciation shield, engine protector, etc., will expire if such a transfer occurs.
2. Will I be dropped home after a bike breakdown if I have opted for Bajaj’s 24x7 roadside assistance cover?
Yes, you will be transported home or to a nearby hotel if your broken-down bike can’t be repaired.
3. Will Bajaj Allianz pay for the expenses incurred in treating the pillion rider who had been accompanying me and was grievously injured in a bike accident?
You will need to purchase the 'personal accident cover for pillion rider add-on'. This will entitle the pillion rider to claim reimbursement of the expenses incurred by him/her for the treatment of injuries sustained during an accident while travelling with you. If the pillion rider is critically impaired, Bajaj Allianz will adequately reimburse the concerned individual.
4. Will Bajaj Allianz settle my full claim under different add-ons even if I get my two-wheeler repaired in a service centre other than the one specified by Bajaj Allianz?
Yes. You will need to pay for the repairs and submit a reimbursement request to Bajaj Allianz. The insurer will check your reimbursement claim application and documents carefully before approving the same.
5. I claimed reimbursement from Bajaj Allianz last year. At the time of bike insurance renewal, will I be entitled to avail of the no-claim bonus?
Yes, provided you have the NCB protect add-on that retains the discount on the premium even if you file a claim request.
1. How much is the coverage under Bajaj Allianz’s comprehensive bike insurance policy?
Your coverage is limited to the Insured Declared Value, which is the cost of the new two-wheeler and proportionately reduces with age. The premium amount is also quoted based on the IDV, especially renewal.
2. What are the policy terms for Bajaj Allianz comprehensive two-wheeler insurance online?
You can purchase policies for terms from 1 year to 3 years, enjoying a fixed premium without escalation.
3. What do you mean by no claim bonus in Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler comprehensive insurance policy?
A no claim bonus applies only on renewal when the quoted premium reduces proportionately for every claim-free year, subject to a maximum of 50%.
4. What are the available add-ons in Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler package policy?
You can opt for loss of accessories, engine protection, zero depreciation, return-to invoice, NCB protection cover, etc
1. Is there any amount limit for damages under the Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance third-party policy?
Yes, according to the IRDAI guidelines, the third-party property damages are limited to a maximum of INR 7.5lakh. However, there is no specific compensation limit for bodily injury or death of third-party.
2. Can you purchase a Bajaj Allianz third-party bike insurance for long terms?
Bajaj Allianz third-party bike insurance provides policies for 5-year terms as per the Supreme Court instructions from September 2018 for all new two-wheelers.
3. Is there any provision for no claim bonus under the Bajaj Allianz third-party bike insurance?
There is no provision for no claim bonus in the Bajaj Allianz third-party bike insurance since it provides only basic insurance cover.
4. When should you renew your Bajaj Allianz third-party bike insurance?
You must renew your third-party policy before the expiry date of the existing insurance policy to avoid penalties while driving on the road.
5. Is it better to purchase the Bajaj Allianz third-party two-wheeler insurance online?
Online purchase of Bajaj Allianz third-party two-wheeler insurance comes with several advantages, including the option to compare similar policies and a lower premium than offered in the offline mode.
1. What is the maximum age of two-wheelers to avail of the Bajaj Allianz zero dep bike insurance?
The maximum age is 5-years for availing of the add-on as a component of the comprehensive two-wheeler insurance.
2. Is the zero dep add-on offered with other two-wheeler insurance policies?
You can choose this add-on only if you choose the comprehensive or standalone bike insurance policy of Bajaj Allianz.
3. What other add-on covers can you choose under Bajaj Allianz’s zero dep two-wheeler insurance policy?
In addition to the zero-dep add-on, you can also choose the following:
- Return to Invoice
- Consumables Cover
- 24/7 Road Assistance
- Engine Protection
4. Is it mandatory to choose Bajaj Allianz zero dep bike insurance?
No, compulsory insurance is the third-party cover according to the IRDAI regulations.
5. No, compulsory insurance is the third-party cover according to the IRDAI regulations.
Third-party bike insurance does not offer add-on covers as they do not include an own-damage clause.
1. Is it mandatory to buy the Bajaj Allianz standalone two-wheeler insurance online?
No, buying this policy is completelt optional. But you must own a third-party insurance while availing a standalone two-wheeler insurance.
2. What is the amount of liability in the case of Bajaj Allianz standalone two-wheeler insurance online?
The compensation for the coverage under the Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance standalone policy is the IDV (Insured Declared Value) at the time of purchase.
3. Does the Bajaj Allianz two-wheeler insurance standalone policy include personal accident cover?
The IRDAI has made it mandatory to own a PA cover along with your policy. Thus, one has to buy it separately as generally it is not included in the policy.
4. What happens if you fail to renew the Bajaj Allianz standalone bike insurance in time?
You can be penalized for driving on the road plus you will loose all your accumulated policy benefits.
5. Is the own-damage cover available in the comprehensive bike insurance policy?
The comprehensive bike insurance policy comprises own-damage and third-party. So yes, own-damage is included in comprehensive bike insurance.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More