Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy is a special type of plan which provides coverage for the damage and loss sustained by both parties involved in any accident/mishap, fire or explosion, natural or man-made calamities, theft of your car, etc. You can strengthen this plan with various types of add-ons such as zero depreciation cover, consumable cover, roadside assistance cover, etc. All these would incur extra premium for you to pay. You will need to pay the consolidated premium (premium of base plan + premium of any of the add-on covers you buy) on the due date. Let’s check more about Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy.
How does Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance Work?
Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance works by giving you enhanced coverage against injuries sustained by the third party due to an accident involving your insured vehicle. In case the third person dies, Universal Sompo pays the family of the concerned individual. In addition, this Universal Sompo car insurance policy saves you from legal hassles in case the property of the third person gets damaged due to an accident. Amidst all, this policy also covers your injuries. So, buying Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance is highly recommended.
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Insurance Vs Third Party Car Insurance
|Aspect||Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance|
|Coverage||Compensation for own damages and third-party liabilities like bodily injury or demise of a third party and any kind of property damage of the third party is offered.||Compensation for the physical injury/death of a third party (decided by law) and third-party property damage.|
|Add-ons||Various add-on covers are there.||No such add-on covers are there.|
|Cost||Costlier as it provides more coverage.||Cheaper as it provides less coverage.|
|Legal Requirement||It is optional.||It is made mandatory by Indian Law.|
How to Buy Universal Sompo Comprehensive Insurance?
Universal Sompo comprehensive insurance online – Most people opt for this method to buy it. To buy Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance online, you need to follow the steps shown below:
1. Go to the official web portal of Universal Sompo car insurance
2. Search for the particular Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy
3. If you already have a car insurance policy, enter your car number for policy renewal
4. If you have a new car, search for the ‘buy now’ option
5. Enter basic information about your car - like the model of the car, its maker, fuel, manufacturing year, etc
6. You also need to provide your contact information
7. Enter previous car insurance policy expiry information and claim information (if any)
8. Select the most appropriate comprehensive insurance plan
9. Make a payment online.
10. The Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy will be issued and the details will be sent to your email id.
What All is Covered Under Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance Plan?
The comprehensive policy of Universal Sompo car insurance includes protection from the following events (Inclusions):
- Damages caused due to fire, lightning, self-ignition, or explosion.
- Losses from housebreaking, burglary, or theft.
- Losses from strikes or riots
- Losses arising out of shock, fire damage, and earthquakes.
- Damages due to any type of storm, cyclone, frost, or hailstorm.
- Damages from accidents.
- Damages from terrorist activity.
- Damages are done to the car while in transit via railway, flight, road, waterways, or elevator.
- Losses from landslides or rockslides.
What All is not Included Under Universal Sompo Comprehensive Insurance?
The Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance does not protect you from the following events (Exclusions):
- Accidents that occur outside the specified geographical area.
- Normal depreciation of the vehicle or any of its parts.
- Consequential losses.
- Driving the insured vehicle without any valid license.
- Driving while intoxicated with drugs or liquors.
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Insurance Review
Universal Sompo comprehensive insurance is a simple, hassle-free procedure for buying car insurance online.
The add-on covers available on Universal Sompo are useful as well as economical. Each one of those covers contributes to the extension of insurance policy benefits.
The assist team of Universal Sompo provides 24*7 customer support.
There are no hidden charges as the company shows everything about the premium one needs to pay for the base policy and add-ons.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance FAQs
1. Which factors determine the own damage premium of Universal Sompo comprehensive car insurance policy?
Insured declared value, Cubic capacity, the RTO of registration, age of the car, voluntary deductible, and NCB (if opted).
2. Will you be able to get a personal accident cover from Universal Sompo if your car is registered with someone else's name?
Unfortunately, no. To avail of the personal accident cover for your car insurance, your car must be registered under your name. But, personal accident cover for other occupants can be bought against additional premiums.
3. Imagine you have lost your Universal Sompo car insurance policy. In that case, is it possible to get a duplicate one?
Yes, it's possible. To get a duplicate copy of your insurance policy document, visit your nearest Universal Sompo branch with a written request and pay a nominal fee.
4. What is the maximum amount offered, in case of third-party property damages, by Universal Sompo?
The maximum amount offered, in case of third-party property damages, by Universal Sompo INR is 7.5 lakh.
5. Does Universal Sompo Comprehensive Car Insurance offer any discounts?
- Discount for being a member of automobile Association
- Discount after installing anti-theft devices in your car
- NCB discounts on subsequent renewals
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More