Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Digit Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A standalone or own damage insurance policy provides protective cover to the policyholder against the vehicular involuntary damage caused by themselves. This insurance policy is not mandatory under the Motor Vehicles Act, but it is the only policy that provides protective cover solely for the policyholder. If you damage your car involuntary, you do not have to worry about repair costs of the vehicle; standalone car insurance will take care of it.
How does Digit Standalone Car Insurance Policy Work?
Digit standalone car insurance policy is a curated policy with the sole purpose of providing financial protection cover to the policyholder. Under this policy, the insured gets compensation for the mishaps to their vehicle. This includes thefts or any other act of vandalism. All types of vehicular damages are covered under it. This insurance policy is suitable for those individuals who have already purchased third-party car insurance or do not want to purchase expensive car insurance.
Digit Standalone Car Insurance Vs. Third Party Car Insurance Vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
Following is the tabular representation of the differences between the Digit standalone car insurance, Digit third-party car insurance, and Digit comprehensive car insurance.
|Standalone Car Insurance||Third Party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|It provides the protective cover solely to the policyholder’s vehicular damage.||It provides protective cover to the vehicular or physical damage incurred to the third-party.||This insurance provides the protective cover against both third-party liabilities and the physical and vehicular damage of the policyholder.|
|There are a few add-ons that you can purchase with this insurance.||You cannot purchase any add-on covers along with this insurance policy.||There are multiple add-on covers that you can opt for along with your base insurance policy.|
|It is slightly more expensive than third-party car insurance but cheaper than comprehensive car insurance.||It is the cheapest amongst all other insurance covers.||It is the most expensive insurance policy as it covers both parties involved in a mishap.|
|Optional to buy.||Mandatory to buy.||Optional to buy.|
What All is Covered Under Digit Standalone Car Insurance Policy?
The following things are covered under the Digit standalone car insurance:
- Accidental Damage to your Vehicle: If you ram your car involuntarily, or there was a collision because of the mishap, the insurer will bear all the financial burden.
- Cover against the Theft of the Vehicle: Digit standalone car insurance provides protective cover against the theft of the car or damages incurred while stealing.
- Cover against Arson: If your vehicle is damaged in case of an accidental fire or arson, it is still protected under the Digit standalone car insurance.
- Damage Incurred in a Natural/Man-made Calamity: Digit standalone car insurance provides financial cover against all the damages caused by natural/man-made disasters such as floods, earthquakes, lightning, cyclones, riots, strikes, etc.
What All is not Covered Under Digit Standalone Car Insurance Policy?
The following things are not covered under the Digit Standalone car insurance:
- Third-party Liabilities: No third-party liability, vehicular or personal, is covered by standalone of Digit car insurance.
- Driving without a Proper Licence: If your vehicle gets damaged while driving without a valid driving licence, such damages will not be covered under the Digit standalone car insurance.
- Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants: If you were driving under the influence of intoxicants at the time of the accident, the damages incurred would not be covered under the insurance.
- Additional Coverage: If you claim for the damage not covered in the base policy, nor have you purchased Digit standalone car insurance add-on cover, the insurer will not cover that damage.
- Consequential Damages: When the injuries occur due to the accident after a specific period, they are not covered under the Digit standalone car insurance.
- Voluntary Negligence: Any vehicular damage caused by voluntary actions or by something that you weren't supposed to do, such damages will be levied upon you.
Digit Standalone Car Insurance Benefits
Following is the list of benefits that you can avail with the Digit standalone car insurance:
- You are the sole beneficiary of the Digit standalone car insurance.
- You are eligible for a no claim bonus for not having a single claim during the policy tenure.
- You can strengthen the policy by purchasing add-on covers as per suitability.
- The policy comes at lower premiums.
- You can enjoy cashless claim settlement at any network garage across the country.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Digit Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Can I purchase Digit standalone policy online?
Yes, you can purchase Digit standalone policy online by visiting the official website of the Digit General.
2. What add-on covers can I purchase with the Digit standalone car insurance policy?
Following are the add-on covers that you can purchase along with the Digit car insurance own damage cover:
- Zero deprecation cover
- Tyre protection cover
- Consumable cover
- Return to invoice cover
- Roadside assistance cover
- Engine and gearbox protection cover
- Passenger cover
3. How does Digit standalone car insurance work?
In India, you do not need standalone car insurance to drive the vehicle on the road. However, after purchasing your third-party insurance, which is mandatory under the act, you might need the insurance cover for your protection. In such scenarios, standalone insurance provides you financial cover without surrendering your third-party insurance or purchasing expensive comprehensive car insurance.
4. How is the premium amount for the standalone car insurance calculated?
Standalone car insurance premium is calculated by keeping the following things in mind:
- IDV (Insured Declared Value)
- Premium rates
- Add-on cover rate
If applicable, you also get an additional discount while calculating the insurance premium.
5. When can I claim Digit standalone insurance?
You need to raise the claim under standalone car insurance within 24 hours of the accident. However, the sooner you do it, the better it is to process for the insurer and get the benefits.
Recent ArticlesView All
Want to check your car insurance policy status or get other details about your insurance online? Here's how yo...Read More
Modifications help showcase your personality. If you are looking to modify your dream car, here are the top th...Read More
All cars in India need to be insured according to the law. Besides a basic plan, your car insurance should mee...Read More
Get your roadside assistance cover from Shriram General Insurance for smooth and hassle-free assistance during...Read More
A car insurance surveyor is a person who investigates the damages to estimate the losses incurred. Here's all ...Read More
The Aadhaar-enabled Digilocker initiative by the Indian government stands to add tremendous value for motorist...Read More