Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Intro to ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is one of the leading private sector general insurance companies in India. Over the years the company has established itself as one of the most trusted and admired general insurance companies in India. Since its inception, the company has continuously designed and offered well-crafted insurance products that suit the needs and requirements of the Indian customers. The company was established as a joint venture between ICICI Bank Limited and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited. The company is offering a complete range of general insurance coverage for motor, health, travel, home, student travel, and more.
Types of ICICI Lombard General Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is one of the most preferred car insurance partners. The company has curated unique general insurance products that offer unique benefits. The following are the types of car insurance plans offered by the insurance provider:
- Private Car Package Policy:
This policy cover is designed to provide overall protection as well as coverage to the car-owner-driver. The policy covers for the damages caused to own vehicle as well as the third-party vehicle. It also covers for the losses caused by burglary, fire theft and natural calamities.
- Third-Party Cover:
A third-party insurance cover is designed to cover for the damages caused to the third-party vehicle, person or property. This insurance cover also protects against any legal liability arising out in the event of an accident. In India, a third-party insurance cover is mandatory otherwise it is a punishable offence.
- Stand Alone Own Damage Cover:
A stand-alone own damage cover car insurance is designed to cover for the expenses arising for the repair of damages or losses caused to own vehicle. These losses could be either natural calamities like earthquake, cyclone, typhoon, etc. or a man-made disaster like burglary, theft, strike, riot etc.
Benefits of the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance
The ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy is one of the most sought car insurances in India. The reason for the popularity of the car insurance policy is its benefits and features offered by it. Buying an ICICI Lombard car insurance plan has the following benefits and features:
- Cashless Garage Network:
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has the largest network of cashless garages wherein the customer can repair the damages to their vehicle without spending a dime. When a car is repaired at a cashless garage the expenses are directly settled by the insurance provider. The car-owner does not have to worry about the payments and receipts. However, if there is any different amount only then the customer is required to pay the equivalent i.e., is to be the difference amount has to be borne by the owner. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has a network of 3500+ cashless garages across India.
- No Claim Bonus:
No Claim bonus is the discount given by the insurance provider on the premium amount for not registering any car insurance claim. For every claim-free year, this discount is extended whereby the car insurance premium is reduced.
- Insurance Cover:
The insurance cover under an ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy is extended to new as well as used cars. For ICICI Lombard Insuring your vehicle is a priority.
- Personal Accident Cover:
A personal accident cover for the owner-driver is offered under the car insurance policy without charging an extra premium. To cover a person other than the owner-driver a personal accident cover has to be purchased separately by paying an additional premium. The personal accident cover offered to the owner and driver covers death or disability caused due to an accident.
- Voluntary Deductibles:
Voluntary Deductible is the additional amount that the car owner is ready to pay over and above the compulsory deductible. This amount is paid for future repair works of the vehicle in the event of damage due to a crash.
- Towing Facility:
In the event of the complete breakdown of the vehicle where it is left immobile the insurance provider offers towing services which make it easier for the car owner to move and shift the vehicle to the nearest garage for repair works.
- Break-in Insurance:
Quick break-in insurance policy is offered at an affordable premium. This insurance is offered when the initial car insurance policy lapses due to non-renewal of it within the given time-frame.
- Add-on Covers:
Add-on covers are used to cover the expenses of damages arising in a particular event. Normally the additional coverage can opt with the help of add-on covers. The add-on covers offered by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company are as under:
- Zero Depreciation Cover:
A zero depreciation cover is very helpful for a new and expensive vehicle. This add-on is designed to offset the depreciation value that is otherwise applicable to the vehicle or its parts at the time of repairs or replacement. Having zero depreciation cover car insurance will ensure that no amount of depreciation is cut at the time of claim settlement.
- Roadside Assistance Cover:
It is one of the most important add-on covers wherein if the vehicle is stranded due to breakdown or failure or any accident, it ensures the vehicle is towed to the nearest garage. Apart from towing services the cover also provides jump-start assistance to the battery, minor repair works, breakdown support, the arrangement of taxi or rental car or even a hotel stay.
- Engine Protect Cover: As the name suggests the cover is designed to cover for the expenses arising due to repair work or replacement work in the engine.
- Consumables Protect Cover:
This cover is designed to cover the out-of-the-pocket expenses incurred for consumables like nuts, bolts, A/C gas, oil filter etc. These expenses of replacement or repair are undertaken in the event of an accident.
- Garage Cash Cover:
When your vehicle is out for repairs in the garage this cover will take care of the expenses of your regular travel. This additional cover will provide a daily allowance for a certain number of days i.e. until your vehicle is completely repaired.
- Loss of personal belongings covers: This cover will bear the loss of personal belongings in the event of theft or damage due to an accident.
- Zero Depreciation Cover:
What is Covered in ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Plans?
Car insurance policies offer insurance coverage towards the damages or losses caused to the vehicle due to certain mishaps. The damages caused by the following events or situations are covered i.e., the expenses incurred for replacement or repair of damages are taken care of by ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company:
- Loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to natural disaster:
Any damage or loss caused to the vehicle due to natural calamities like earthquake, typhoon, hurricane, storm, cyclone, self-ignition, explosion, lightning, etc. are covered.
- Personal Accident Cover: A cover of INR 15 Lakhs is provided as a personal accident cover for the registered car-owner-driver caused due to accident while driving or travelling in the insured car. Additional personal accident cover for co-passengers can also be availed by paying an additional premium
- Loss or damage caused to the vehicle due to man-made disaster:
Any damage or loss caused to the vehicle due to man-made mischief or disaster shall be covered. Man-made disasters include theft, burglary, riot, an act of terrorism, malicious act, accident by external means, any damages caused in transit, etc.
- Third-party legal liability: Any legal liability arising due to damage or loss caused to a third party vehicle, life or property is taken care. Any accidental loss or damage to life resulting in death or disability shall be covered under the car insurance policy.
What is not Covered in ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Plans?
Exclusions are the damages or losses that are not covered under the car insurance policy. The following are certain events wherein any damage or loss caused to the vehicle and its claim shall not be entertained or fulfilled by the insurance provider.
- Normal wear and tear of the vehicle due to general ageing
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle or by the insured vehicle while driving without a valid license
- Damages caused to the insured vehicle or by the insured vehicle while driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, etc.
- Damages caused due to mechanical or electrical breakdown
- The insured vehicle is used otherwise than in accordance with use i.e., a private car is being used as a taxi.
- Damages caused due to act of war, nuclear peril or mutiny
- Wear and tear of consumables like tyre/tube unless the vehicle is being damaged in an accident where 50% cover is borne by the insurance provider i.e., the replacement cost.
Understanding of the exclusions is important as it helps to avoid any sudden surprises rejection in the registered claim.
How to Apply For The ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Plan?
Having a valid car insurance policy in India is mandatory. Driving a car on Indian roads without a valid car insurance policy is illegal and is a chargeable offence. Therefore, applying for a car insurance policy is important to protect yourself against any damages or losses or liability arising in the event of an accident or mishap. ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is one of the leading private car insurance providers who offer car insurance policy within minutes. The car-owner can apply for a car insurance policy within minutes and secure their vehicle instantly. The company has a strong digital presence that enables fast and swift application processes. by providing certain required details you can secure your vehicle additionally, the insurance policy in the name of the car-owner is issued quickly and in a hassle-free manner. Additionally, ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has a strong offline presence through a wide network of offices and tied agents. Customers who wish to apply for a car insurance policy can pay a visit to the nearest branch office or get in touch with an authorised tied agent who can help happily to apply for a car insurance policy. Following is a quick guide on how to apply for ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Plan online.
- Visit the online website https://www.icicilombard.com/motor-insurance and keep the following details handy to generate an online quote
- Vehicle Registration Number
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Click on the ‘Get Quote’ button
- Additional information is required for further processing of the claim
- Date of Registration
- Details of Manufacturer
- Model details
- Registration City
- Sum Insured
- Insurance cover you want to opt i.e., comprehensive or third-party
- Details of add-on cover you wish to avail
- Once all the required and relevant details are entered you can generate the premium quote
- Once you are satisfied with the terms of coverage and the premium amount you can go ahead and make payment in order to apply for the car insurance policy.
- The amount of premium can be paid via credit card, debit card or by making use of net banking facility
- Once the premium payment is received by the insurance provider the car insurance policy shall be issued in the name of the car owner. The insurance provider will send the copy of the car insurance policy document to the registered email address of the car-owner.
In this manner, you can easily apply for a car insurance policy from ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company.
The ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Claim Process
In the event of an unfortunate accident where the insured vehicle is damaged the first and most important step to be taken by the car-owner is to register a claim with the insurance provider. The car insurance claim process of ICICI Lombard is easy and hassle-free. Within the following 3 simple steps, you can process and settle the claim.
The first step in claim settlement is to intimate the insurance provider about the accident and the damage caused to the vehicle. Intimating quickly will help in processing the claim quickly.
- Survey & Verify:
Once all the basic formalities of intimation are completed the insurance company will send an authorised surveyor to inspect the damages caused to the insured vehicle. Once the damages are surveyed the repair works will start on the insured vehicle.
- Claim Settlement:
Once the repair works are done the settlement process will start as per the terms of your settlement. ICICI Lombard general insurance company’s claim settlement is done in the following manner:
- Cashless Claim Settlement:
Under the Cashless Claim settlement method the car-owner does not have to worry about the payments as the claim amount is settled directly by the insurance provider. As the vehicle is repaired at the network garage all the required relevant bills and invoices are raised by the garage and the amount is paid by the insurance provider directly to the garage. Initially, the estimates of the repairs are submitted by the network garage and upon approval, the repair works start and finally the payment is settled by the insurance provider swiftly and in a hassle-free manner.
- Reimbursement Claim Settlement:
If the vehicle is repaired in a garage outside the purview of network garage then such claim is settled under reimbursement claim. Reimbursement claim involves the payment to be made by the car-owner initially out of his/her pocket and then submit all the required documents to the customer service manager of ICICI Lombard to get them verified. Once all the received documents are verified, ICICI Lombard will initiate the claim process and will reimburse the same directly into the customer’s bank account.
- Cashless Claim Settlement:
How to Renew Your Lapsed/Expired the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy Online?
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company offers a break-in insurance facility wherein a customer can renew the lapsed car insurance policy. Whenever an active car insurance policy premium is not renewed in stipulated time the car insurance policy is lapsed or expires. ICICI Lombard allows quick and easy renewal of such ‘break-in insurance’ policies at an affordable price. For renewal of lapsed policy ICICI Lombard offers two unique facilities as under:
- Doorstep Surveyor Facility wherein an authorised surveyor will visit to inspect your vehicle, and
- Digitally signed policy whereby the immediate purchase of ‘break-in insurance’ policy is possible
However, to renew an expired policy you need to keep the following document handy:
- Copy of RC
- Copy of valid driving license
- Copy of lapsed insurance policy
- Duly filled proposal form
- Once all the documents are received the insurance provider will scrutinise them to provide approval.
- Upon receiving approval, the car-owner can make the payment to renew your car insurance policy. Payment can be made using a credit card, debit card, or net banking facility
- On successful payment, your lapsed car insurance policy will be renewed.
The ICICI Bank Car Insurance Review
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited is one of the most preferred general insurance partners in India. The reason for its success and popularity is because the company’s motto is to provide top-notch customer satisfaction. The customer satisfaction is achieved by the company by providing uniquely crafted insurance plans, 24*7 customer service and quickest claim settlement process. These three are corner-stones for the popularity of the company. The company has constantly strived to offer affordable and unique insurance plans for its customers as per their insurance needs. Additionally, all these uniquely crafted products are available at affordable premium rates. ICICI Lombard is dedicated to offering unwavering customer support to its customers with a focus to resolve all the queries of their customers. Thus, due to all these reasons, the popularity of ICICI Lombard is on a rise.
The ICICI Lombard Company Limited Car Insurance Customer Care Number
The ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company has a strong customer care department. You can visit the website at https://www.icicilombard.com/customer-support and seek help from various services. The following are the contact details of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company Limited:
- For instant WhatsApp Service: 8655222666
- For service related queries: 1800 266 9725
- Customer Service Email ID: email@example.com
- Registered and Corporate Office Address: ICICI Lombard House, 414, P.Balu Marg, Off Veer Sawarkar Marg, near Siddhivinayak Temple, Prabhadevi, Mumbai-400025
- Customer service Address: ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd. 401-402, Interface Bldg; No.11, Link Road, Malad (West), Mumbai - 400064.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
ICICI Lombard Car Insurance FAQs
1. How many add-on covers does the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Company offer?
The following add-on covers are available under ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Policy:
- Roadside Assistance Cover
- Engine Protect Cover
- Consumables Protect Cover
- Zero depreciation cover
- Garage cash cover
- Loss of personal belongings cover
2. What is the incurred claim ratio of the ICICI Lombard Car Insurance Company?
The incurred claim ratio of the ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is 74%.
3. How can I check my ICICI Lombard Car Claim status online?
Kindly visit the claim tracker page at https://app4.icicilombard.com/ucvselfhelp/(S(x5bicwd0t3hpxtpxhkkr4mbz))/ucvwebappln/ucvnewclaimsearch.aspx to check the status of your ICICI Lombard Car insurance claim online
4. How can I download my ICICI Lombard Car Policy Document Online?
Requesting a car insurance policy from ICICI Lombard is very simple. Visit https://app4.icicilombard.com/ucvselfhelp/(S(jmox3kegtkb13nbji1oqjkzz))/ucvwebappln/index.aspx?SRT=Policy%20copy%20required and put up a request for policy copy. On receipt of the request, the customer service department shall send a copy of the insurance policy to your registered email ID.
5. How long does the ICICI Lombard Company Limited take to process and settle car insurance claims?
The claim settlement process of ICICI Lombard General Insurance Company is quickest. Usually, the claim is settled as soon as all the relevant documents are received by the insurance company.
6. Does the ICICI Lombard Company offer pay-as-you-drive car insurance?
No, the company does not offer a pay-as-you-drive feature.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More