Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without two wheeler number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Royal Sundaram Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
"Royal Sundaram General Insurance Co. Limited (formerly known as Royal Sundaram Alliance Insurance Company Limited), is the first private sector general insurance company in India to be licensed in October 2000 by the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India. The company was initially promoted as a joint venture by Sundaram Finance, one of the most respected non-banking financial institutions (NBFCs) in India and other Indian Shareholders. Royal Sundaram has been providing innovative general insurance solutions to individuals, families and businesses directly as well as through its intermediaries and affinity partners. The company offers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Home and Travel Insurance to individual customers and offers specialized insurance products in fire, marine, engineering, liability and business interruption risks to commercial customers. Royal Sundaram also offers specially designed products to the small and medium enterprises and rural customers as well. The company is a pioneer in bancassurance in India, having long-standing tie-ups with reputed banks and NBFCs."
Claim Settlement Ratio
A comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy protects your bike from any loss or damage caused by a covered risk. Consider the following scenario: you're making a quick turn on your motorcycle when you lose your balance and collide with another vehicle, resulting in injuries and damage to both you and your motorcycle. In this case, your two-wheeler insurance provider would be responsible for compensating you for your financial losses. However, you'll need to file a Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim. The procedure of notifying the insurer of the accident and requesting compensation for the loss is known as filing an insurance claim.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Below-mentioned are the documents that are required for claiming Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance.
- FIR or a copy of a police complaint
- A copy of the bike registration certificate
- A copy of the insurance policy
- A copy of the licence
- Original bills in case of a reimbursement claim
How to Make Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance Claim Online?
- Notify Royal Sundaram right away.
- Fill up the Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim form and submit the relevant documents. Then you must file an FIR at your local police station if necessary.
- Royal Sundaram will send a surveyor to verify the case and assess the damages.
- Ifthe surveyor believes your claim is genuine, he will give the garage permission, to begin with the repairs.
How to Make Royal Sundaram Cashless Bike Insurance Claim?
- Notify Royal Sundaram about the two-wheeler collision. You may call customer care, go to the official website, or use the mobile app. Royal Sundaram will register your claim, and you will be given a claim reference number.
- They will assign you an official inspector or surveyor to assess the damage or loss experienced by your two-wheeler and may visit the accident area once the claim is submitted. The inspector or surveyor may email you a self-inspection link to the phone number you provided to the insurance.
- For cashless insurance, take your bike to a garage near you that has been approved by the Royal Sundaram. Your insurer may be able to assist you with towing. In most cases, insurance would provide complimentary towing up to INR 1,500.
- The insurer will directly handle Royal Sundaram’s two-wheeler insurance claim, and they will pay for the repairs to the garage. You can ride your two-wheeler home after paying the needed deductibles on your part.
How to Make Royal Sundaram Reimbursement Bike Insurance Claim?
- Notify Royal Sundaram about the accident that occurred while the insured was riding his two-wheeler. You can do so by calling or emailing the customer service representatives. After filing the Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim, the insurer will provide you with a claim reference number.
- The insurer will send a surveyor to evaluate the two-wheeler to determine the amount of damage caused by the collision. The policyholders must provide the relevant documentation to the surveyor for the claim to be processed expeditiously.
- After the inspection is done, policyholders must tow their damaged two-wheeler to a nearby garage for repairs.
- Pay for the garage's repairs. Then begin the claim settlement reimbursement process with the insurance. After deducting any deductibles, you will be refunded the amount you are entitled to.
Common Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
Below are some reasons why Royal Sundaram’s two-wheeler insurance claims can be rejected.
- The insurance policy specifies the possibility of accidents occurring outside the geographical arena.
- If the motorist gets involved in an accident under the influence of intoxicants
- When the insured's two-wheeler was being used for illicit operations, a mishap/accident occurred.
- The insurance policy runs out of coverage.
- If the insurance company discovers that a policyholder has provided fraudulent information, the claim may be denied.
- If an accident takes place for the policyholder's negligence and the insurance company gets to know about it, the claim will be denied
- If an accident occurs as a result of the policyholder's negligence and the insurance company gets to know about it, the claim will be denied.
- If the policyholder has their bike fixed without informing their insurance company about the accident.
- If the motorist did not have a valid driver's licence at the time of the accident, the claim would be denied.
- If you don't follow the rules and regulations and don't report the accident within the time frame set, you'll be fined.
- If the insurance company determines that the repair costs are greater than the depreciated worth of the two-wheeler, you will be obliged to pay a considerable sum equal to the depreciated value of your bike.
Royal Sundaram No Claim Bonus
You get a no claim bonus if you don't file a single Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim during an active policy year. When you renew your insurance policy, you will receive a discount on your bike insurance premium. If you don't file a bike claim for five years in a row, the no claim bonus discount might be as high as 50%.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Royal Sundaram Bike Insurance Claim FAQs
1. Is it possible to file a Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim if I take my bike to a non-network garage?
Yes, even if you take your two-wheeler to a non-network garage, you can file a Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim. In this instance, you must pay for the repairs first and then submit all billing documentation for reimbursement. After subtracting deductibles as required by the insurance policy, Royal Sundaram will refund the repair costs.
2. Is there a fixed limit to how many bike claims may be filed?
No, a valid Royal Sundaram two-wheeler insurance claim can be filed an unlimited number of times. However, to take advantage of the no claim bonus reduction, it's best to avoid filing a claim for minor damages.
3. When should I report to the police?
In case of property damage to a third party, bodily injury to a third party or self, or vehicle theft, you should contact the local police station right away and file a Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim.
4. What should I do if my motorcycle gets stolen?
Before registering any claim, you should immediately report your stolen vehicle to the police. Royal Sundaram bike insurance claim cannot be filed if you fail to disclose your claim on time.
5. What actually do you mean when you say "constructive total loss"?
A constructive total loss occurs when the cost of repairing your vehicle exceeds its current value.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
It's All About Selecting No-claim Bonus (NCB) During Bike In...
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewal of IFFCO-Tokio Two-wheeler Insurance Online: A Compr...
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
Steps to Claim Reliance Bike Insurance
It's a big relief if you have someone who will cover all your financial losses that may incur in the future du...Read More
Steps to Claim Bike Insurance at HDFC Ergo
All bike insurance policyholders expect an easy and hassle-free claiming facility from their bike insurance co...Read More
Off-road Bike Insurance: All You Need to Know
Youngsters in India are very adventurous and love to do off-road riding. It is always advisable to purchase bi...Read More
Different Types of Bike Insurance and Its Variants
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Bike Insurance: Should You Buy It from Bike Dealers?
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Everything You Need to Know About Acko Bike Insurance Before...
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More
Bike Insurance Premium for 125cc Engine
Bike insurance varies because of many factors, and one among them is bike capacity. Know the insurance policy ...Read More