Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
New India Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
New India Assurance Co. Ltd is a government-owned general insurance company operating in more than 20 countries. Signing a New India standalone car insurance agreement relieves you from the financial burden in case of damage caused to you or your vehicle due to an accident, man-made or natural disasters. The standalone car insurance policy of New India Assurance comes with several add-ons too by which you can extend your coverage. These add-ons can cover the immobilization of the car due to water ingress into its engine and other parts, the loss of the car key in an accident, and other uncertain events. So, the New India standalone car insurance policy is something to read about. Let’s begin reading it.
Also read - Buy New India Car Insurance Online
How does New India Standalone Car Insurance Work?
New India standalone car insurance policy, also known as own-damage insurance, takes care of own-damage expenses in case of an unfortunate incident involving an insured four-wheeler. This car insurance plan covers the policyholders against incidents such as death, bodily injury, car damage, etc, arising from an accident while riding your four-wheeler.
New India Standalone Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
Besides standalone car insurance, New India Assurance offers third-party and comprehensive car insurance policies too. Comparing standalone insurance against the other two car insurance variants will give you a fair idea about all. Let’s begin comparing.
|Basis||New India Third-party Car insurance||New India Standalone Car Insurance||New India Comprehensive Car insurance|
|Coverage||Provides financial protection only against third-party liabilities.||Covers you against your injury, death or disability besides the damage to the car.||Protects against damage to the insured car along with third-party liabilities.|
|Add-ons||No provision for adding add-on covers||A variety of add-ons are available||You can buy add-on covers to enhance your coverage.|
|Cost||Comparatively less costly because of its limited coverage.||Costlier than a third-party plan as it offers wider coverage but is cheaper than comprehensive car insurance.||It is the costliest policy due to maximum coverage.|
|Mandatory by Law||Yes, the Indian Government mandates vehicle owners to have third-party car insurance.||There is no compulsion to buy it.||No, a comprehensive insurance policy is not mandatory to buy.|
How to Buy New India Standalone Car Insurance?
To purchase a New India standalone car insurance online, you must follow the steps below.
- Visit the official web portal of New India Assurance Pvt. Ltd.
- Navigate to ‘motor’ under the ‘products’ tab.
- Then go to ‘private car’
- A page will appear asking you to fill in the required details.
- Pay the premium proposed for your New India Assurance standalone car insurance policy.
- You will get a confirmatory email or SMS from New India Assurance about policy renewal.
What All is Covered Under New India Standalone Car Insurance Plan?
New India standalone car insurance policy covers the following risks:
- Treatment expenses for any injury suffered by the car owner.
- Damage to the owner's car.
- Damage due to a fire, explosion or vandalism.
- Complete loss of the vehicle due to theft.
- Damage due to natural or man-made disasters.
What All is not Included Under New India Standalone Car Insurance?
New India standalone car insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Any third-party liabilities
- Accident out of the specific geographical area.
- Driver under the influence of intoxicants such as drugs or alcohol.
- Accident performed intentionally
- The insured car when used for commercial purposes
- If the driver is found below 18 years of age at the time of an accident or any other mishap.
- Driver without a valid driving license
- Driving on the wrong side of the road.
- Normal wear and tear.
- Mechanical or electrical failures.
- Mishaps involving illegal driving.
- Depreciation of the car.
Key Benefits of Purchasing New India Standalone Car Insurance
New India four-wheeler standalone car insurance policy provides several benefits to the policyholders, including
- Offers a personal accident cover of up to INR 15 lakhs.
- Easy buying process.
- Active customer legal assistance.
- Quick and hassle-free claim settlement.
- Towing charges for cars INR 1500 from the accident spot to the garage.
New India Standalone Car Insurance Review
New India standalone car insurance comes with a wide range of benefits. The company offers cashless car insurance claim settlement at any of its network garages across India. With a variety of add-ons and flexible renewal options, you can consider buying the standalone car insurance cover of New India Assurance.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
New India Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is it mandatory to buy a New India standalone car insurance policy?
No, buying the New India standalone car insurance policy is not mandatory. However, as per the Indian traffic rule, every car owner must have at least third-party insurance.
2. What are the factors that affect New India standalone four-wheeler insurance premiums?
The premiums of the New India standalone car insurance policy depend upon the following factors:
- Cubic capacity
- Insured Declared Value
- Age & model of the vehicle
- Geographical zone
- Add-on covers
3. What documents are needed for lodging a New India standalone car insurance claim?
While filing your New India standalone car insurance claim, you must submit the following documents-
- A duly filled claim form
- Registration Certificate
- Receipt of the premium paid
- Bills and repair proof
- A copy of the FIR
- Copy of New India standalone car insurance policy
- Driving License
4.Does New India standalone car insurance cover towing charges?
New India standalone car insurance policy covers towing charges up to 1500 INR from the place of accident to the garage.
5. How can I pay the premium of New India standalone car insurance?
You can do so either online or offline modes. You can visit the website of New India Assurance to pay the premium using any of the net banking/debit card/credit card/UPI. Those not comfortable paying the premium online can visit the branch of the insurer to do so. They can pay the premium in cash, cheque or demand draft.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More