Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
TATA AIG Car Insurance Highlights
Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the Tata Group and the American International Group (AIG). Tata AIG General Insurance Company Limited celebrated 20 years of service as on 2020, since it commenced operations on January 22, 2001. The company has made a mark in the industry by launching several innovative products and services over the years.
Claim Settlement Ratio
Third-party vehicle insurance is a mandatory inclusion when buying a car in India. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 rules, driving a vehicle on Indian roads without third-party insurance is a punishable offense that can make you pay a hefty fine or even serve time.
This type of car insurance policy covers damages caused to third parties in case of an accident. The TATA AIG third-party car insurance is straightforward to purchase and renew. This type of policy has low premiums are thus is economically beneficial for the policyholder. Here, we will be learning all the details that are related to the TATA AIG car third-party insurance. Let us read on.
How does TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Policy Work?
A third-party insurance policy favors the policyholder if and when they incur expenses on the third-party's part during an accident. For example, if the insured vehicle falls into an accident or a collision with another car, the damages caused to the other vehicle would be covered by the TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy.
As a vehicle owner, you have to buy this policy as it has been made mandatory by the Government of India. You can also buy a comprehensive car insurance policy consisting of third-party damage coverage. Damages covered by a third-party car insurance policy include third-party vehicle damage, third-party physical damage, and even death.
TATA AIG Third Party Vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
The following table shows the differences between TATA AIG third-party car insurance and comprehensive car insurance policy.
|Third Party Insurance
|Covers all kinds of damages caused to the third-party only in the event of an accident.
|Has complete coverage for policyholders as well as third-party in the event of an accident.
|Do not have the option to buy add-ons over the base policy.
|Has the option of purchasing add-ons over the base policy.
|Premiums are low as the coverage is limited.
|Premiums are higher as the coverage is also broader.
|Mandatorily required to be bought by every Indian car owner in India.
|It is not mandatory for every vehicle owner.
How to Buy TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
You can buy the TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy online and offline.
The online process has the following steps:
- Go to the online portal of TATA AIG.
- Download the application form and fill it up with the required details correctly.
- Upload the required documents online.
- Select the policy and quote of your choice.
- Make the payments through digital transactions.
- Receive all the policy details via email.
For purchasing the TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy offline, follow the steps given below:
- Get in touch with the TATA AIG nearby office.
- Collect the application form and fill in all the details correctly.
- Submit all the documents to the customer representative.
- Choose the policy and quote suitable to you.
- Make payments and collect the paperwork.
What All is Covered Under TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
The TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy would cover the following:
- Third-party vehicle damages
- Third-party bodily injuries/death
- Third-party property damages
What All is not Covered Under TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
The TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy would not cover the following:
- Own damages incurred by the policyholder’s vehicle as a result of accidents or natural/man-made disasters.
- Damages incurred while driving the car under the influence of intoxicants.
- Damages incurred while driving without a valid licence.
- Damages incurred while driving with an expired car insurance.
- Damages incurred while using the vehicle illegally.
- Damages incurred outside the geographical limit.
- Damages incurred as a result of wars or nuclear perils.
Key Benefits of Purchasing TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance
TATA AIG third-party car insurance has the following benefits:
- A third-party car insurance policy offers legal cover for legal liabilities arising for the policyholder due to third-party damage.
- This policy offers financial assistance to the policyholder for the damages incurred by third-party.
- Has low premium as the coverage provided by the policy is also limited.
- Provides peace of mind in challenging situations.
TATA AIG Third Party Car Insurance Review
The TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy is mandatory to be bought by the Indian government. This policy would be beneficial for times when you get in an accident and are unable to pay for damages incurred to the third-party. This is always an excellent option to safeguard yourself against unexpected third-party liabilities. TATA AIG car insurance policy has straightforward processes regarding claim settlements and policy renewals.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
TATA AIG Third-party Car Insurance FAQs
1. What is the fine charged for driving a vehicle with an expired TATA AIG insurance policy?
As per the regulations of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, the government charges a fine of INR 2000 for driving a car with an expired insurance policy.
2. Can I buy zero depreciation cover with my TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy?
A third-party car insurance policy does not allow add-ons to be bought over the base policy.
3. Does TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy offer a personal accident cover?
No, the TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy does not offer a personal accident cover with the base policy. However, PA cover is mandatory to buy and can be bought separately with your third-party insurance policy.
4. Is buying only TATA AIG third-party car insurance policy enough for my car?
You have to mandatorily buy the third-party insurance policy. However, it would only provide limited cover to you. For additional coverage, you must also purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy.
5. Can I file a claim online with TATA AIG?
You can file for claim settlement online with TATA AIG.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More