Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Highlights
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Ltd. is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd., India’s premier Housing Finance Institution and ERGO International AG. Key highlights of its insurance offering are- • 8562+ network garages • Digital survey for vehicle claims • 96% within one day ""cashless claim settlement"" • Overnight vehicle Repairs (available for cars in 16 cities) • Paperless claim processing
Claim Settlement Ratio
Available upto Rs 20,000 via self survey and upto Rs 50,000 via workshop survey
Available upto Rs 20,000 via self survey and upto Rs 50,000 via workshop survey
1. What are the documents that are required to be submitted to buy a bike insurance policy online?
The documents that are required to be submitted to buy HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance policy online includes proof of identity, proof of address, driver’s licence, registration certificate of the vehicle and recent passport size photograph. You can purchase a plan online by visiting the website of the company and uploading these documents online.
2. Where can I check the list of cashless garages of HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance in my city?
You can check the list of cashless garages of HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance in your city by visiting the official website of HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company. You can also check the list by calling the customer care department of the insurance company if you cannot locate your nearest cashless garage.
3. How can I renew my HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance?
You can renew your HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance policy in two easy steps. Visit the official website of the insurance company, enter your policy number, make changes to the plan by adding add-ons as per your requirement and pay the premium your policy will be renewed instantly.
4. What happens to my no-claim bonus when I renew an expired policy?
No-claim bonus is valid up to 90 days from the expiry date of your previous insurance policy. If you do not renew your insurance policy within a period of 90 days, your no claim bonus will become zero and no benefit would be passed on to the renewed insurance policy.
5. What add-on covers are available with HDFC Ergo two-wheeler insurance policies?
HDFC Ergo General Insurance Company Limited offers two add-on covers which you can buy with your two-wheeler insurance policy on payment of additional premium. These covers are zero depreciation cover and emergency assistance cover. You can choose to buy one or both of these add-ons at the time of buying or renewing the policy.
1. Is HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance premium changing on the basis of the place where we live?
Yes, the RTO with which your vehicle is registered can influence your insurance premium to a great extent. People who live in the metropolitan area are bound to pay more amount as in insurance premiums compared to the people living in a low population area. It is done so because the bigger the city, the bigger the threats are to the people.
2. Can I check the status of my car insurance renewal online?
Yes, on the website of the HDFC ERGO you will find your insurance renewal status.
3. How many days before I can put in an application for the HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance renewal?
You can renew your HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance policy a month before its expiry. Your HDFC ERGO policy provides you protection even after 90 days of the expiry of the previous policy, giving you more time to renew your policy.
4. What will happen if I do not renew my HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance policy?
If you do not renew your insurance policy even after 90 days of the expiry of your previous policy, then your policy will lapse. Hence, you have to buy a new policy.
1. What is the toll-free number for the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy to register a claim?
To file an insurance claim, you can use the 24*7 response toll-free number of HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance 022-6234-6234 / 0120-62346234.
2. What is the claim settlement ratio of the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy?
HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim settlement ratio for the financial year 2020 is 91.23%.
3. Can I check the status of my HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim?
Yes, you can check the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim status online.
4. How many days does HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim take to settle?
The claim settlement procedure depends upon the verification of the claim and documents. Once everything is done, you immediately receive the claim amount.
1. Can I check my HDFC ERGO bike insurance policy status online?
Yes, you can check your HDFC ERGO bike insurance policy status online by visiting the e-service VAHAN website. You will have to provide information like your mobile number and other required details for authentication purposes.
2. Where will I get my customer ID on HDFC ERGO bike insurance?
Customer ID is mentioned on the first page of the HDFC ERGO bike insurance policy document. You need a customer ID while making a claim.
3. Do I get different policy numbers for the different policies?
Yes, if you own two or more vehicles, you need a different insurance policy for each vehicle, and therefore, your policy number will also be different for each policy.
4. Can I get the duplicate HDFC ERGO bike insurance policy document?
If you lose your insurance policy document, you can use the soft copy of the policy document sent to you at the time of policy purchase. You can also download HDFC ERGO bike insurance policy online again.
5. Can my HDFC ERGO bike insurance policy claim get rejected?
Yes, if HDFC ERGO finds out about any fraudulent practice from your end, HDFC ERGO can reject the insurance claim.
Add On Covers
1. Is there any limit on the number of add-ons we can add to the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy?
No, there is no limit on the number of covers you opt to add with your HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy. These covers can increase your insurance premiums slightly. Therefore, customers are advised to add only those covers that might be useful for them.
2. Is it mandatory to purchase HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy add-on cover with the policy?
No, it is not mandatory to purchase HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy add-on cover. However, it does come with the additional benefits that go along with your policy and enhance your overall security.
3. Can I add HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy add-on cover in between the policy's tenure?
No, you cannot add HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy add-on cover in between the policy. However, you can add them while purchasing the new policy or at the time of policy renewal.
4. Do I need to pay an additional amount in premium for each HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy add-on cover that I add?
Yes, you are required to pay an additional premium for each HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy add-on cover that you add.
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
The claim settlement ratio of the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is 91.23% in the financial year 2020.
2. What is the toll-free number of the HDFC ERGO?
HDFC ERGO assures its customers of the 24*7 customer service. Policyholders or new consumers can dial 022-6234-6234 for any policy-related issue or inquiry.
3. What are the documents I need to submit to avail HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
For the ease and the comfort of the consumers, they are not required to provide any further documentation while availing HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy After making a claim, you need to show your policy papers, that you will get online after the purchase.
4. What is the term duration for the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
For the new vehicle, the term of the HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy is of 3 years.
5. Is personal accident cover part of all HDFC ERGO comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy?
Adhering to the compliance of the Motor Vehicle Act all insurers must provide personal accident cover to the policyholder after the purchase of any insurance policy. However, a few insurers include this cover with the policy. While on the other, in majority of cases, the policyholder has to compulsory buy it separately along with their policy.
1. What is the claim settlement ratio of HDFC ERGO third party two wheeler insurance?
HDFC ERGO third party two wheeler insurance's claim settlement ratio was 91.23% for privately owned vehicles in the financial year 2020.
2. Is the death of the third party covered under the HDFC ERGO third party two wheeler insurance?
Yes, the death of the third-party is covered under HDFC ERGO third party two wheeler insurance.
3. Is it mandatory to produce FIR to claim HDFC ERGO third party two wheeler insurance?
Yes, it is mandatory to produce FIR or chargesheet to claim HDFC ERGO third party two wheeler insurance.
4. How the premium amount is determined in the HDFC ERGO third party insurance?
The engine capacity of your vehicle and the RTO to which your vehicle is registered are the huge determiners in deciding upon the third-party insurances premiums.
5. Can I extend the benefits offered under the HDFC ERGO Third-Party Two-Wheeler Insurance?
No, you cannot change the third-party insurance's base policy, nor are you allowed to add any Add On covers to customize your policy. To get more benefits, you can purchase a comprehensive policy.
1. How many times during the insurance tenure of HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance zero depreciation add-on cover have I been allowed to make a claim?
You can make limitless zero depreciation claims throughout the tenure of the insurance plan.
2. Can I get the HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance zero depreciation add-on cover for the second-hand bike?
Yes, you are allowed to add HDFC ERGO two wheeler zero depreciation add- on the cover for the insurance purchased for a second-hand vehicle. However, the two-wheeler must not be more than 5 years old.
3. Are the rubber and plastic parts covered in the HDFC ERGO two wheeler zero depreciation add-on cover?
Yes, you can get compensation for the replacement of the partially damaged rubber or plastic parts after the claim settlement. Without this add-on the cover, you will be charged a 50% amount as a depreciation amount.
4. Are tyres covered in the zero depreciation add-on cover?
It depends on the insurer to provide compensation for the tyres. Sometimes partial damage to the tires is included in the depreciation cover.
5. With which policies can I avail of zero depreciation cover?
You can avail HDFC ERGO two wheeler zero depreciation add-on cover while purchasing HDFC ERGO comprehensive policy or HDFC ERGO two-wheeler standalone policy.
1. Can I purchase HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy online?
Yes, you can purchase HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy online, by visiting the official website of the HDFC ERGO.
2. What add-on covers can I purchase with the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy?
Following are the add-on covers that you can purchase along with the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy:
- Zero deprecation cover
- Return to invoice cover
- Roadside assistance cover
- Engine and protection cover
- NCB protection cover
3. How does the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy work?
This policy provides all the benefits to the policyholders. The premiums under this policy will be slightly lower than the comprehensive insurance. You also get to choose between the add-on covers. If you have already purchased the third-party insurance and want something that will protect you as well. You can then opt for standalone insurance without having to surrender your third-party insurance.
4. When will I get my standalone insurance policy document?
After the purchase of the policy and paying the premium amount, you will get the HDFC ERGO standalone two wheeler insurance policy document online on your registered email ID. You can also ask the insurer to send you the hard copy of the document that will be home delivered to you. Or you can also download the policy document from the official website of HDFC ERGO.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More