Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Liberty Standalone Own Damage Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Liberty standalone car insurance helps cover expenses in vehicle repair during an accident. Besides, it covers YOU in case you are injured, disabled or die in an accident. Apart from accidental damages, it covers car damage or loss due to riots, strikes, earthquakes, cyclones, and several other human-made and natural disasters. You feel at home seeing such coverage of Liberty standalone car insurance. Let’s spare time to discuss this insurance policy of Liberty in depth.
How does Liberty Standalone Insurance Work?
A standalone policy is not mandatory, however, it can be enormously helpful in safeguarding you against massive financial losses against car damages due to different unforeseeable events. Natural and man-made calamities and accidents can cost you huge as a car owner. A Liberty standalone own-damage car insurance policy will help you in such situations by protecting you against the costs incurred due to damages to your own car.
Liberty Standalone Car Insurance vs Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Basis||Liberty Third-Party Car Insurance||Liberty Standalone Car Insurance||Liberty Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Coverage||Insures you against third-party liabilities only.||Insures you against the costs that may arise due to damage to your own car.||Insures you against both third-party liabilities and your own damage.|
|Add-ons||With third-party car insurance, no add-ons are offered by Liberty General Insurance.||A number of add-ons can be added with a Liberty own-damage car insurance policy.||Liberty car insurance offers a wide variety of add-on covers, which can be included in its comprehensive car insurance policy.|
|Cost||A third-party car insurance policy is the cheapest among all the policies offered by Liberty General Insurance.||Comparatively cheaper than Liberty’s comprehensive plan but costlier than its third-party policy.||The comprehensive plan of Liberty is the most expensive insurance plan as it offers maximum coverage.|
|Mandatory by Law||A third-party insurance policy is mandatory to have by every car owner in India.||Standalone car insurance is not mandatory by law.||A comprehensive car insurance policy is not compulsory to have by car owners|
How to Buy Liberty Standalone insurance?
Liberty standalone car insurance policy is available on the official website of the company for you to buy. You just need to follow these steps.
- Visit the Liberty General Insurance official website
- Select ‘car insurance policy’ from the main menu
- Fill in your car number, your name, email id and phone number
- Click on ‘next’ and verify the details of your car, such as registration city, model variant, etc.
- Select Liberty standalone own damage car policy
- Click on ‘review quotes’.
- Select the quote you find suitable and pay.
- Payment can be done by online transaction methods such as net banking, credit and debit, Paytm e-wallet, etc.
- Policy documents will be sent to your Email Id
What All is Covered Under Liberty Standalone Car Insurance Plan?
Let’s understand what Liberty standalone car insurance policy covers under it. An own damage policy by Liberty General Insurance will cover the following:
- Damages caused due to an accident.
- Damages caused due to fire, explosion, lightning, or self-ignition.
- Damages caused by natural calamities such as earthquakes, floods, or landslides
- Theft of the insured vehicle.
What All is not Included Under Liberty Standalone Car Insurance?
As stated earlier, standalone car insurance offers coverages against losses incurred to your own car. This means there must be some exclusion. Here are a few more things that your Liberty own damages car insurance policy will not cover:
- Driver without a valid licence.
- Damages due to the owner's negligence.
- Accident due to drunk driving.
- Damages caused due to war or nuclear.
- Damages due to normal wear and tear.
Key Benefits of Purchasing Liberty Standalone Car Insurance
Liberty own damage Standalone Insurance Policy offers a number of benefits to the insured, including
- No claim Bonus.
- Enhance the coverage of your insurance policy.
- Gives protection to you against the financial loss incurred on your car repairing.
Liberty Standalone Car Insurance Review
As you saw how Liberty standalone car insurance protects you and your vehicle against harsh incidents should they occur. But since a third-party cover is mandatory to have to drive on the road, you are advised to buy a comprehensive policy of Liberty that will cover you for own damage as well as third-party claims.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Liberty Standalone Car Insurance FAQs
1. Does the Liberty standalone own damage car insurance offer no claim bonus benefits?
Yes, Liberty General Insurance offers no claim bonus benefits under its Standalone car insurance policy.
2. What factors are considered while calculating the premium for Liberty Own Damage Car Insurance?
The calculation of premium for Liberty own-damage car insurance is done after considering a number of factors such as car make and model, car age, engine cc, geographical boundaries, etc.
3. What documents are needed when claiming Liberty General standalone car insurance?
The following documents are needed to provide at the time of claim initiation under Liberty own damage car insurance policy (the insurer can also ask for other necessary documents as per its requirements):
- Car insurance policy copy.
- A copy of FIR.
- Car registration certificate.
- Repair estimate.
- No claim certificate.
- Photographs of the damaged car.
- Driving licence.
4. Is it mandatory to buy a standalone own-damage Liberty car insurance policy?
No, it is not mandatory to buy a standalone own-damage car insurance policy.
5. Can I raise a claim under Liberty Standalone Car insurance if my car is damaged in the riots?
Yes, Liberty General's own-damage car insurance policy offers coverage against the damages due to riots.
Recent ArticlesView All
Want to check your car insurance policy status or get other details about your insurance online? Here's how yo...Read More
Modifications help showcase your personality. If you are looking to modify your dream car, here are the top th...Read More
All cars in India need to be insured according to the law. Besides a basic plan, your car insurance should mee...Read More
Get your roadside assistance cover from Shriram General Insurance for smooth and hassle-free assistance during...Read More
A car insurance surveyor is a person who investigates the damages to estimate the losses incurred. Here's all ...Read More
The Aadhaar-enabled Digilocker initiative by the Indian government stands to add tremendous value for motorist...Read More