Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
An insurance policy offers the main benefit, which is the financial cushion offered until the policy's tenure. Once the policy gets expired, the protection that you get will end. In order to avoid any inconvenience in the future and get the same benefits as before, you can opt to renew the policy instead of purchasing the new one.
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal
HDFC ERGO knows the importance of insurance to the policyholders. Therefore, it offers hassle-free and simple ways to get your HDFC ERGO two-wheeler renewed. It is always recommended to get your two-wheeler insurance policy renewed days before the policy actually gets expired. You will still enjoy the whole tenure of your first policy, and the new one begins immediately after. This way, you will not have to spend your days unprotected, as the newly purchased policy can take a few days to commence.
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Renewal - Online Process
Following are the steps through which you can do HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance policy renewal online:
- Step one: Visit the official website of HDFC ERGO insurance.
- Step two: Navigate through the website to find the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy renewal tab and click on it.
- Step three: Select your vehicle model from the list to proceed.
- Step four: Mention all the required details, and ensure that there is no discrepancy in your form.
- Step five: Confirm all the data again before clicking on Renew Bike Insurance.
- Step six: To renew the policy, you will have to make a payment of renewal fees. You can pay fees via net banking, credit, or debit card, you can also use UPI or E-Wallets.
You can also opt to add the add-on covers at the time of policy renewal if you had not purchased them earlier. For example if you have The No Claim Bonus or NCB Protection Cover add-on, it allows you to receive the bonus or the additional discounts even after raising a claim throughout the policy tenure. This bonus will get you discounts on the insurance premiums with the policy renewal.
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Policy Renewal - Offline Process
Following are the steps through which you can do HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance policy renewal offline easily:
- Step one: Visit the HDFC ERGO insurance branch nearest to you. You can also connect with the insurer via phone call or by booking an appointment with the insurance agent. Their toll-free number is 022-6234-6234 or 0120-6234-6234.
- Step two: Inform the person in charge of the renewal about the policy renewal.
- Step three: Ensure that all the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy renewal work is streamlined.
- Step four: Make payment by writing a post-dated cheque, or cash, or writing a draft in favor of the insurer. You can use online modes of transaction for making a payment.
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal Benefits
- No claim bonus: You get no claim bonus or additional discounts for not claiming even a single insurance claim throughout the tenure. For each unclaimed year, HDFC ERGO gives you certain points. These points have culminated in a discount at the end of the policy. You can get your insurance premium amount reduced significantly by using these discounts.
- Reduces the penalty: As Motor Vehicles Act makes it mandatory for vehicle owners to avail of insurance in order to be legally eligible to drive on the roads of India. If you do not possess valid insurance papers, it will attract penalties and could have serious repercussions. Therefore, you are advised to renew your insurance policy a few days before it actually expires so that you do not go insurance free and you are always protected.
- Add-on covers: Renewing an insurance policy is somewhat similar to purchasing a new one, except here you also get the benefits like NCB, among others. Another prominent benefit you get while renewing your insurance policy is the option to purchase the add-on covers that you had not previously purchased. You can add, add-on covers that you think are suitable for you and customize your insurance policy. These covers could be new covers, or you can continue with the same as before.
- 24*7 emergency assistance: HDFC ERGO ensures that you get all the necessary help from them in your journey together. You can call their toll-free number for any kind of emergency, and you will get help. You can ask them queries regarding your HDFC ERGO insurance policy, ask for renewal or make a claim. You can even ask for roadside assistance after the accident.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Renewal FAQs
1. Is HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance premium changing on the basis of the place where we live?
Yes, the RTO with which your vehicle is registered can influence your insurance premium to a great extent. People who live in the metropolitan area are bound to pay more amount as in insurance premiums compared to the people living in a low population area. It is done so because the bigger the city, the bigger the threats are to the people.
2. Can I check the status of my car insurance renewal online?
Yes, on the website of the HDFC ERGO you will find your insurance renewal status.
3. How many days before I can put in an application for the HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance renewal?
You can renew your HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance policy a month before its expiry. Your HDFC ERGO policy provides you protection even after 90 days of the expiry of the previous policy, giving you more time to renew your policy.
4. What will happen if I do not renew my HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance policy?
If you do not renew your insurance policy even after 90 days of the expiry of your previous policy, then your policy will lapse. Hence, you have to buy a new policy.
Recent ArticlesView All
Bike insurance immunes you financially against third-party claims, loss and damage to the two-wheeler, etc. Bu...Read More
Riding a bike with a lapsed Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy can result in fines up to INR 2000 or impriso...Read More
Transferring the ownership of a two-wheeler and its registration certificate can be a tiresome process. The pr...Read More
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory to get the PUC certificate. Now, we can apply, view, and ...Read More
Not every bike insurance covers damage to bike fibre parts. A two-wheeler insurance policy with add-on zero-de...Read More
The Honda Activa series of scooters are among the most popular ones in India. Here are the 3 best Honda Activa...Read More
While riding your bike, ensure you carry the necessary papers and documents mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act...Read More
Know all about what you need for an add-on zero depreciation policy for your bike.Read More