Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Kotak Car Insurance Highlights
Kotak General Insurance, a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd., offers a wide range of non-life insurance products such as vehicle insurance, health insurance, etc, to tap into the emerging protection needs. Its strong management practices and a team of experienced professionals have allowed it to insure 45 lakh+ customers till September 2021.
Claim Settlement Ratio
A claim is a policyholder's right under an insurance policy. The policyholder can file a compensation claim for the losses incurred in an accident. You can file a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim and get covered for the damages caused to your vehicle as well as the third-party with a comprehensive policy. Standalone policies of Kotak Mahindra will help you recover the own damage cover only, whereas a third-party liability cover will only help you get covered for third-party property damage, disability, bodily injury or even death. You can get reimbursement as well as a cashless settlement when doing a Kotak car insurance claim. The organization provides a straightforward and convenient claim settlement process and free towing too.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
The following is a list of documents required for the settlement of Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim in various situations:
- Filled and signed original car insurance documents.
- A duly filled claim form.
- Copy of the registration certificate (RC).
- Copy of the driver's licence copy
- Receipts for taxes, cost estimate for repairs and repair invoices in the event of a mishap
- Copy of the insured car's 'no trace report' from the police in case of a theft
- Completed and signed forms 26, 28, 29, 30, and 35 in the event of a theft
How to Make Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim Online?
- Initiate your Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim and keep track of your claim number
- The surveyor will contact you
- Arrange for the vehicle to be towed to the nearest/network garages
- During the inspection, the claim form and all supporting documentation must be presented to the surveyor
- A surveyor or the garage will provide an estimate of repairs, detailing what’s covered and what’s not.
- Following the customer's approval, the repair work begins, and after the repair is completed, a resurvey is performed.
- Customers need to pay for non-approved expenses/deductibles.
How to Make Kotak Mahindra Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
- Call Kotak Mahindra’s toll-free number or submit a claim intimation form to inform it about your claim.
- Within 24 hours of filing a claim, Kotak will arrange for an inspection of the damaged vehicle. The inspection will start on the next working day in case the accident is intimated on Sunday or other public holiday.
- Within 50 kilometers of the damaged location, Kotak provides a towing service. If you have chosen the roadside assistance cover, the service, the towing will be completely free of charge. If you haven’t, it will be free up to INR 1,500.
- As specified in the terms and conditions, provide all essential documents to the company. Check that all the information on the Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim form corresponds to the information on the submitted papers.
- The company will transfer the repair expenses straight to the workshop if the damaged car gets repaired at a network garage. Pay the deductible (if applicable).
How to Make Kotak Mahindra Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
- Call Kotak’s toll-free number or submit a claim intimation form.
- The firm will dispatch a surveyor to the scene of the accident or disaster to assess the damage. You must take the damaged car to a garage for repairs after the inspection. You can ask the company for a towing service in such cases. It would be reimbursed up to INR 1,500.
- For reimbursement, gather all your repair bills and send them to your insurer.
- Submit Kotak Mahindra four-wheeler insurance claim form and repair bills along with other relevant documents.
- Kotak General Insurance will refund you within seven days of receipt of all applicable papers after considering deductibles.
Common Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
- In case of an expired policy.
- If incorrect data is provided.
- Untimely intimation.
- Driving without a licence.
- An act of negligence.
- Intoxicated driving.
- Starting vehicle repairs before the surveyor's inspection.
Kotak Mahindra No Claim Bonus
Policyholders are eligible for an attractive no claim bonus (NCB) at the time of standalone or comprehensive policy renewal. You will be provided with this additional benefit based on your previous claim history. It's a discount that rises from 20-50% after each claim-free year.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Kotak Mahindra Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What is Kotak Mahindra vehicle insurance's cashless facility?
The policyholder can get free car maintenance services under the cashless provision of Kotak Mahindra four wheeler insurance by just paying the depreciation and deductible. Cashless services are only available at an insurance company's network garage, where the Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim can be settled directly with the garage directly. You don’t need to make any upfront payment
2. Is it possible to file a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim online?
Yes, you can file a claim online using Kotak General Insurance's official website. Select the 'motor insurance claim' option from the 'claim' tab on the website. To file a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim online, scroll down and click on the 'register' option.
3. What is the average time taken for a Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim to be processed?
Kotak immediately commences payment after all processes have been completed. However, the Kotak Mahindra car insurance claim reimbursement can take up to 7 days.
4. What if my towing costs are more than Rs 1,500?
If you don't have roadside assistance, Kotak General will refund towing costs up to Rs 1,500. Any amount above that is the policyholder's responsibility.
5. How much compensation would I get from Kotak in the event of an accident?
If the insured's car is damaged due to an accident, the insurer provides the insured’s declared value (IDV) after depreciation and deductible.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More