We suggest you to go through our policies carefully, and keep visiting for updates
Introduction and Objectives
Information We Collect
- Personal Information means and includes all information that can be linked to a specific individual or to identify any individual, directly or indirectly, such as name, address, mailing address, telephone number, email ID and any details that may have been voluntarily provided by you in connection with availing any of the services provided by Paytm.
- You have the right to access your personal information, and request correction and deletion.
- If your personal information changes, you may correct, delete inaccuracies, or amend information by contacting us through 24*7 section on Paytm app. We will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then-active databases as soon as reasonably possible.
- If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete (or subsequently becomes untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete), or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that the information provided by you is untrue, inaccurate, out of date or incomplete, we may, at our sole discretion, discontinue the provision of the Services to you. There may be circumstances where Paytm will not correct, delete or update your Personal Information, including (i) where the Personal Information is opinion data that is kept solely for evaluative purpose; and (ii) the Personal Information is in documents related to a prosecution if all proceedings relating to the prosecution have not been completed.
- You are free to not share any medical or other information that you consider confidential, and withdraw consent for us to use data that you have already provided. In the event that you refuse to share any information, or withdraw consent to process information that you have previously given to us, we reserve the right to restrict or deny the provision of our services for which we consider such information to be necessary.
- You may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or for the exercise of these rights. We will respond to your request within a reasonable time.
- We may collect information on the browser you are using, the type of operating system you have, mobile network information and the device identifier details.
- This device information helps us to provide you with an online experience that matches your device.
- We may collect the IP address of the device you use to connect to Internet.
- When you use our services, we may collect and process information about your actual location using technologies for location determination such as IP address, GPS etc.
- A "cookie" is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser.
- Paytm may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.
- No personal information will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
- Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties
How We Use Information We Collect
- Provide, maintain, improve and develop new services: Paytm will use the personal/non-personal information collected from you to provide you with services that you have explicitly requested for, to resolve disputes, troubleshoot concerns, collect money, measure consumer interest in its services and develop new services that are better suited to your needs
- Protect you and ourselves: Paytm will also use the information collected from you to help promote safe services, detect & protect you against error, fraud and other criminal activity, enforce Paytm’s terms and conditions, etc.
- Offer you tailored /more relevant content:
Offer You Tailored /More Relevant Content
- Paytm may also use your contact information to inform you about offers, products, services and updates based on your previous transactions and interests with your consent.
- Paytm may occasionally ask you to complete optional online surveys
- These surveys may ask for your contact information and demographic information (like zip code, age etc.)
- Paytm will use this data to customize your experience at the Paytm ISNP, providing you with content that might be of interest to you and to display content as per your preference.
Information We Share
To ensure adherence to your right of protection from all kinds of communications, electronic or otherwise, which infringe upon your privacy, Paytm will:
- Treat your personal information as private and confidential (even Paytm is not acting as an insurance broker for you), and, as a general rule, not disclose such information to any other individual/institutions including its subsidiaries/associates, tie-up institutions etc. for any purpose unless:You have authorized such disclosure explicitly.Disclosure is compelled by law/regulation.Paytm has a duty to the public to disclose i.e. in public interests.
- Paytm will ensure that the above likely mandated disclosures are communicated immediately to you in writing with your consent.
- Paytm will not use/share your personal information for marketing purpose, unless you have specifically authorized it or consented for it.
- You hereby agree and acknowledge that Paytm, for the purpose of facilitating sale and servicing of insurance products to you as an insurance broker, will provide your personal information to the insurers chosen by you on the Paytm ISNP for purchase/ servicing of insurance product. You hereby authorise Paytm to share such information with the insurers.
- However, you may delete your Paytm account at any point of time by making such choice in the Paytm’s desktop website, mobile WAP site or mobile application.
- You shall not disclose to any other person, in any manner whatsoever, any information relating to Paytm of a confidential nature obtained in the course of availing the services through Paytm’s desktop website/mobile WAP site/mobile applications. Failure to comply with this obligation shall be deemed a serious breach of the terms herein and shall entitle Paytm to terminate the services, without prejudice to any damages, to which you may be entitled otherwise.
Data Retention Policy
- We store your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws, which means we keep your it for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services or as may be required under any law. We shall store your Personal Information for lawful purposes only. We keep de-identified data for research and statistical purposes for a longer period.
- If you close your account, we have no obligation to retain your data, and we may delete any or all of your data without liability. However, we may retain data related to you if we believe it may be necessary to prevent fraud or future abuse, or if required by law, or for other legitimate purposes. We may continue to store your data in anonymised form for analytical and research purposes.
Links to Other Sites
Our site links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. Paytm is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites and Paytm shall not be held liable for any loss or damage suffered by you due to your visiting such websites. You are required to independently take up any disputes/claims with these websites without any reference to us.
- Paytm has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under its control.
- Whenever a customer changes or accesses his/her account information, Paytm offers the use of a secure server. You shall adhere to the relevant terms and conditions while using or accessing the desktop website/mobile WAP site/mobile applications including but not limited to ensuring the security and confidentiality of your login details.
- Once your information is in the possession of Paytm, it adheres to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
Policy Review & Updates