Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
With millions of four-wheelers plying on Indian roads, accidents and mishaps are inevitable. Therefore, car insurance becomes a must for the safety of your vehicle and the commuters on the road. The Indian Motor Vehicles Act 1988 makes it compulsory for cars to have third-party insurance.
IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance provides insurance coverage for damage to the third-party vehicle or personal property or physical injury in case of an accident by the insured’s car. In case of loss of life of the third-party, the compensation will be as per court orders. However, it does not provide cover for any expenses of the insured.
How does IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance Work?
The primary role of third-party car insurance IFFCO Tokio is to offer financial assistance for the cost of accidental repairs to the third-party vehicle or property in case the policyholder meets with an accident with the third party.
The insured has to inform IFFCO Tokio as soon as the accident occurs so that a claim can be filed with all the necessary details of the accident.
The insurer will then appoint a surveyor to assess the extent of damages to the vehicle in question. He will also verify the cost of repairs estimated. The insurer will do the claim settlement upon completion of the verification, and the third-party will get the claim reimbursement.
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
Car insurance is available in many forms. Comprehensive car insurance, third party car insurance, own –damage car insurance, and several other valuable add-ons are available in the market. However, there are significant differences between third- party car insurance and comprehensive car insurance.
|Feature||Third Party Car Insurance Policy||Comprehensive Car Insurance Policy|
|Mandatory||By law||Not mandatory|
|Coverage||Limited only to third-party damages or liabilities.||All-round coverage for both own damages and third-party liabilities.|
|Add-On Cover Customization||No customization with any add-on covers is possible.||Available|
|Protection against theft, vandalism, and natural disasters||Not covered||Covered|
|Premium||Lower than comprehensive car insurance||Relatively higher|
|Cost-effective||Lower, due to only third-party coverage||Higher due to extensive coverage|
How to Buy IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance?
You can purchase IFFCO Tokio 3rd party car insurance both online as well as offline.
IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance online purchase
- Visit the website or the online portal of IFFCO Tokio or the insurance aggregator.
- Fill up your information like name, address, phone number, vehicle details.
- Keep your KYC documents ready.
- Choose the insurance policy and get a quote.
- Pay the premium if you agree to the policy’s terms and conditions.
- Your IFFCO Tokio third-party four wheeler insurance online policy will be sent to your registered email address from where you can download it.
IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance offline purchase
- Visit your nearest IFFCO Tokio car insurance centre with all your KYC documents.
- Choose the desired policy to purchase.
- Fill up the purchase application form and attach the KYC documents.
- Pay the premium as directed on the form.
What All is Covered Under IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
IFFCO Tokio four wheeler insurance third-party covers the following:
Third-party injury - IFFCO Tokio will cover all financial liabilities ensued in case of any injury to the third party in an accident by the insured car. The amount paid will be paid as decided by the Motor Accident Claims Tribunal and has no prescribed limit.
Death of the third-party- In case the third party dies in an accident caused directly or indirectly by the insured, IFFCO Tokio will pay the death penalty. The Motor Accident Claims Tribunal will decide the amount paid and has no prescribed limit to it.
Third-party property damage – This insurance covers any damage to the third -party’s property caused due to the insured vehicle, up to INR 7.5 lakhs.
Legal liabilities- The third-party insurance policy also covers all legal liabilities the insured individual must incur.
What All is not Covered Under IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
Your IFFCO Tokio four-wheeler third-party insurance policy does not cover any damage caused in the following scenarios:
- Any damages to the insured’s own vehicle.
- Damage to third-party property or life under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Any claims made outside the geographical limits of the policy.
- Damages or injuries due to war or nuclear operations.
- Damages or injuries due to illegal use of the vehicle. Ex: private vehicle used for commercial purposes.
- Damages or injuries due to accidents caused by the insured driving without a valid driving licence/policy papers.
Key Benefits of Purchasing IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance
- Easy purchase and renewal process
- 24/7 accessibility
- Paperless documentation
- Coverage for third-party legal and financial liabilities
- Protection for your out-of-pocket expenses
IFFCO Tokio Third Party Car Insurance Review
IFFCO Tokio third-party insurance for car provides you with maximum peace of mind along with the standard financial coverage for third-party liabilities in case of accidents. Customers can easily access the portal and purchase or renew policies, and file claims without hassles.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Third-party Car Insurance FAQs
1. How can you file an IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance claim?
You can easily file claims from your smartphones by downloading the IFFCO Tokio QCS or Quick Claim Settlement app. You can also file claims online on the website or manually visit the nearest insurer office.
2. Is FIR mandatory in case of IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance claim?
Yes, it is mandatory to file an FIR at the local police station as soon as possible in case of third-party insurance claim.
3. Is photographic evidence necessary in case of filing for IFFCO Tokio claims?
It is always recommended to take photographs of the accident, the surrounding area, and the damage suffered by the vehicle wherever possible to not miss out on information.
4. What are the claim helpline numbers for IFFCO Tokio ?
Policyholders can contact IFFCO Tokio on their toll-free numbers 1800-103-5499 or 0124- 4285499 with complete information for filing claims.
5. Does IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance cover injuries sustained by the policyholder?
No, there is no coverage for damage or injuries sustained by the policyholder in third-party car insurance.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More