Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
HDFC ERGO Bike Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
An insurance claim is a cushion that makes people assured that they have something to fall back to. It assures policyholders that they are ready to face it financially no matter what the situation. Let's look at the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim procedure to make your claim settlement process a better experience for you.
List of Documents Required During HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement
At the time of making an insurance claim, you need to provide all the supporting documents for the authentication. If you fail to provide the required documents, then your insurance claim will face rejection. Following is the list of documents that you need to provide while making an insurance claim:
Claiming after an accident:
- The original or the copy of the two wheeler insurance policy document
- HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim form duly filled and signed
- Photocopy of registration certificate book
- Photocopy of driving licence
- Photocopy of FIR
- Original Income Tax receipts
- Cost of repairs an estimate
- Bills after the payments after the repair are complete
For third-party claims:
- An original or copy of an insurance policy document
- HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim duly filled and signed
- Photocopy of registration certificate
- Photocopy of driving licence
- Photocopy of FIR (If filed)
Claiming after theft:
- Duly filled and signed forms 26, 28, 29, 30, and 35
- Original registration certificate book
- 'No Trace Report' issues by police of an insured two-wheeler
- Theft declaration issued by Regional Transport Office
- All sets of keys
- Warranty card and service booklets
- Additional documents, if required by the insurer
How to Make HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Online?
Following are the steps to file an HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim online that you must follow:
- Visit the official website of the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim.
- Navigate through the website to register the claim with the insurer.
- Log in to your customer account using the policy number, mobile number, or email ID.
- Enter the policy number and policy start date
- Provide your name and other important details, such as your contact information address.
- Click on the next page to continue the process
- Provide additional required information
- Click on file a claim.
After registering the claim, you can opt for a self-inspection, or the app authorized digital inspection. An insurer will use your data to make an estimate of the repair charges. Once everything is verified, the company will settle the claim.
How to Make HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Cashless Insurance Claim?
Follow the following steps to file HDFC ERGO two-wheeler cashless insurance claim:
- After an accident, the first thing that you must do is to inform the authorities. The sooner you register your claim with the insurer; the faster insurer will initiate the process. You file a claim by visiting the website, through the app, or you can even call on the toll-free number.
- Once the claim insurance request is successfully registered, the insurer will initiate the assessment procedure. Surveyor will inspect the damages and estimate the repair charges.
- You can tow your vehicle to the garage in collaboration with HDFC ERGO in your vicinity for repairs. You can even put a request to the insurer for towing of the vehicle.
- An insurer will settle an insurance claim by paying all the repair costs to the garage, minus the deductibles or the damages that are not covered under the policy. After all, finances are settled, you can take your vehicle home.
How to Make HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Reimbursement Insurance Claim?
Follow the following steps to make the HDFC ERGO bike reimbursement insurance claim:
- Inform HDFC ERGO about the accident and register a claim with them. You can register a claim through a website or app or even by placing a call on a toll-free number.
- An insurer will send a surveyor for the assessment and estimate your vehicle's repair charges.
- Choose the garage of your choice to repair your vehicle and pay the repair costs.
- Submit the repair bill, original invoices, receipts and the required documents for the claim settlement with HDFC ERGO.
- The company will look into the documentation and the bill to settle the claim. After successful assessment, the company will pay all the bills to you and settle the claim minus all the deductibles.
Common HDFC ERGO Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
HDFC ERGO two wheeler insurance claim procedure is simple, yet there are certain terms and conditions to which you must adhere. If you break any of the conditions or the company finds any fraudulent practice from your end, it can reject your insurance claim. Following are the standards to which policyholders must adhere in order to get HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim settled:
- The driver was under the influence of intoxicants when the accident occurred.
- The vehicle owner was driving the vehicle without a valid driving licence when the accident occurred.
- Falsifying the claim.
- The accident was the result of voluntary negligence.
- Interpreting the facts of the manner in which the accident occurred.
- If the vehicle owner fails to file the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim in time, the insurance claim will be rejected.
HDFC ERGO Bike No Claim Bonus
If the vehicle owner did not claim a single HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance, then he/she is eligible for the No Claim Bonus or NCB. Every year in which the vehicle owner did not file an insurance claim will culminate. The NCB can go as high as 50%. This discount can be useful at the time of the policy renewal.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
HDFC ERGO Bike Insurance Claim FAQs
1. What is the toll-free number for the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy to register a claim?
To file an insurance claim, you can use the 24*7 response toll-free number of HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance 022-6234-6234 / 0120-62346234.
2. What is the claim settlement ratio of the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy?
HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim settlement ratio for the financial year 2020 is 91.23%.
3. Can I check the status of my HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim?
Yes, you can check the HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim status online.
4. How many days does HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance claim take to settle?
The claim settlement procedure depends upon the verification of the claim and documents. Once everything is done, you immediately receive the claim amount.
Recent ArticlesView All
Renewing an HDFC ERGO two-wheeler insurance policy is simple. To make a note of the considerations, you should...Read More
Insurance companies offer several add-ons to a two-wheeler insurance policy. Learn about their terms and condi...Read More
Bike insurance immunes you financially against third-party claims, loss and damage to the two-wheeler, etc. Bu...Read More
Riding a bike with a lapsed Royal Sundaram bike insurance policy can result in fines up to INR 2000 or impriso...Read More
Transferring the ownership of a two-wheeler and its registration certificate can be a tiresome process. The pr...Read More
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is mandatory to get the PUC certificate. Now, we can apply, view, and ...Read More
Not every bike insurance covers damage to bike fibre parts. A two-wheeler insurance policy with add-on zero-de...Read More
The Honda Activa series of scooters are among the most popular ones in India. Here are the 3 best Honda Activa...Read More