Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
IFFCO-Tokio Car Insurance FAQs
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
IFFCO-Tokio Car Insurance Highlights
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance is one of the largest and most trusted private insurer in India. IFFCO Tokio has earned the trust of over a crore customers in its 20 years of service. IFFCO Tokio has digitalised customer journey for all policy transactions and thus providing a contact-less service. Be it instant policy issuance or quick claims settlement, all can happen with a few clicks or taps on your smartphone.
Claim Settlement Ratio
-Provides zero dep till 7 years of age of car%
-Provides zero dep till 7 years of age of car%
Available upto Rs 50,000
1. Can I change my cover at the time of IFFCO Tokio car insurance renewal?
Yes, you have the option to choose the desired insurance cover or include add-on covers with your existing cover for your car insurance at the time of policy renewal.
2. What is an NCB or No Claim Bonus?
Your car insurance company rewards you with a premium discount in the form of an NCB or No Claim Bonus in case you have not filed a single insurance claim for the policy duration. You can claim it at the time of policy renewal.
3. Are there any scenarios when IFFCO Tokio can refuse to renew my car insurance?
If there have been cases of any fraudulent activities, information mismatch, or non-disclosure of essential information from your side, IFFCO Tokio has the right to reject your policy renewal. However, a notice will be sent to your registered address in this regard before your policy expires.
4. Are there any additional charges for renewing my IFFCO Tokio car insurance online?
No, car insurance renewal online is completely free except for the cost of the premium to be paid.
5. How much time will it take to renew my IFFCO Tokio car insurance?
Renewal can be done in just a few minutes.
1. Will I be entitled to an NCB on my IFFCO Tokio’s third-party liability car policy?
No, policyholders cannot claim for third-party IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy. The NCB can be claimed for the own damage premium component of the policy only. Unfortunately, the third-party car insurance policy does not come with own damage cover, so the benefit of NCB does not apply here.
2. Does IFFCO Tokio put any limit to the number of car insurance claims you can make in a year?
No, IFFCO Tokio doesn’t put a limit to the number of car insurance claims you can make in a year. However, the total coverage is limited to the insured declared value (IDV) of the vehicle. Also, if you feel the damage is not significant and you can pay the same without impacting your finances, do so and accumulate your NCB further.
3. How does IFFCO Tokio calculate the claim amount for my stolen car?
The claim amount you will receive in case of a car theft will depend on the IDV of the car and also the rate of depreciation that takes effect in the four-wheeler.
4. Does IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive car insurance cover all claims?
IFFCO Tokio comprehensive car insurance covers everything except a collision and your liability for other cars involved in an accident. Theft, fire, vandalism, and specified weather damages are all covered under the comprehensive policy.
5. My IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy has expired, but I want to renew it. Will I be able to get my NCB?
If your IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy expires, the no claim bonus will be valid up to 90 days from the expiry date. If you do not renew your policy within the said time, you won’t get any NCB benefits.
1. What information does IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy document contain?
Your IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy document contains all vital information about your insurance policy. These include the policy type, number, duration, personal and vehicle details, IDV, premium, features and benefits, general exclusions, and the various terms and conditions. In addition, information on the grievance redressal process is also shared in the policy document.
2. How can I update my IFFCO Tokio car insurance details in the mParivahan app?
You can update your car insurance details online from the website Parivahan or the mParivahan app. You can download the app from Google Play Store on your smartphone and enter your personal information, like, policy number, vehicle number, mobile number, email address, etc. After entering the details, insurance details will be displayed on the app.
3. How can I get a physical duplicate copy of my IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy?
You need to visit any IFFCO Tokio insurance branch to get a duplicate physical copy of your policy document. As the insurance officials require, you may also need to submit some documents for verification and a notarised stamp paper copy of an indemnity bond.
4. What is the declaration page of IFFCO Tokio policy document?
The declarations page of the car insurance policy document is typically the first page that verifies your insurance coverage, limits, and the insured person’s name in the policy. Your insurance company will update this page and send you a revised copy whenever any changes are made during your policy term.
Add On Covers
1. Is it necessary to file a police FIR if my car keys get stolen?
If you have a car key replacement add-on cover and your key gets stolen, you need to file an FIR at the nearest police station to get compensated for replacing the car's lock and key.
2. Is the Consumables cover compensation available for all cars?
No, you may not be able to get this IFFCO Tokio four-wheeler insurance add-on cover for cars aged more than three years.
3. What is the maximum coverage amount in case of loss of belongings add-on cover?
The loss of personal belongings add-on will cover the cost of your belongings up to Rs. 50, 000 only.
4. What are the items covered under the ‘Loss of Personal Belongings Cover’?
The Loss of Personal Belongings cover includes the coverage for all articles in the car, except money, jewelry or valuables typically used or carried.
5. Is there any add-on cover for pre-existing car damage?
No, pre-existing damage is excluded from car insurance cover. There is no coverage for any damage, injury, or accident that occurs before the commencement of insurance coverage with IFFCO Tokio.
1. What benefits does a comprehensive car insurance policy offer to the third party in case of an accident?
In such cases, a comprehensive car insurance policy offers coverage for any injuries, disability (whether partial or permanent), property damage, and/or accidental death of the third party in the accident caused by the vehicle.
2. How can I increase the coverage of my IFFCO Tokio comprehensive car insurance policy?
You can purchase various add-on covers, such as engine protection, NCB protection, return to invoice, roadside assistance or key protection cover to enhance your policy coverage further.
3. Is it mandatory to purchase IFFCO Tokio comprehensive car insurance cover?
No, it is not mandatory by law to purchase a comprehensive car insurance cover, but it can provide you extensive coverage in case of accidents.
4. Does the IFFCO Tokio comprehensive car insurance policy cover animal attack?
Yes, IFFCO Tokio comprehensive car insurance policy offers protection against animal attack.
1. How can you file an IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance claim?
You can easily file claims from your smartphones by downloading the IFFCO Tokio QCS or Quick Claim Settlement app. You can also file claims online on the website or manually visit the nearest insurer office.
2. Is FIR mandatory in case of IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance claim?
Yes, it is mandatory to file an FIR at the local police station as soon as possible in case of third-party insurance claim.
3. Is photographic evidence necessary in case of filing for IFFCO Tokio claims?
It is always recommended to take photographs of the accident, the surrounding area, and the damage suffered by the vehicle wherever possible to not miss out on information.
4. What are the claim helpline numbers for IFFCO Tokio ?
Policyholders can contact IFFCO Tokio on their toll-free numbers 1800-103-5499 or 0124- 4285499 with complete information for filing claims.
5. Does IFFCO Tokio third-party car insurance cover injuries sustained by the policyholder?
No, there is no coverage for damage or injuries sustained by the policyholder in third-party car insurance.
1. In what scenario is it beneficial to purchase a IFFCO Tokio car zero depreciation add-on cover?
Individuals with luxury cars or living in accident-prone areas, new drivers not well-versed with driving, can benefit from IFFCO Tokio four wheeler insurance zero dep add-on cover for their car.
2. Is the IFFCO Tokio four wheeler zero dep insurance online cover applicable for cars above 5 years old?
No, the zero depreciation online cover is not applicable for cars above 5 years old.
3. Does IFFCO Tokio put a restriction on the number of claims to be made in case of a zero depreciation car insurance policy?
While many insurers restrict the number of claims the policyholder can make against their zero depreciation insurance cover, However, IFFCO Tokio zero dep car insurance policies do not put any limit on the number of claims made.
4. Is the loss of the vehicle or its theft covered under the IFFCO Tokio zero depreciation policy?
No, zero depreciation policy insurance only applies to part replacement and is not applicable in case of total loss or theft of the insured vehicle.
5. Can I purchase a IFFCO Tokio zero depreciation add-on cover with my third-party car insurance?
No, you can only purchase any add-on cover, including zero Depreciation cover, with comprehensive car insurance or standalone /own damage car insurance and not third-party car insurance.
1. How is the IFFCO Tokio standalone car insurance premium calculated?
Premium for own damage or standalone car insurance is calculated based on the IDV decided by the insurer, add-ons purchased with the vehicle, and any discounts or additional benefits applicable on the car.
2. How can I reduce my IFFCO Tokio standalone car insurance premium?
You can reduce the premium costs for your IFFCO Tokio four wheeler standalone insurance premium by increasing the amount of voluntary deductibles or the amount you opt to pay during claims. Also, if you have an insurance policy transfer, remember to transfer your NCB or no claim bonus to the current policy as well.
3. How does my car’s cubic capacity impact my IFFCO Tokio standalone car insurance premium?
Your car engine's cubic capacity directly impacts the speed of your car. So, the higher your car's cubic capacity, the higher its risk of accidents will be. In turn, the standalone car insurance premium will also be higher.
4. What are the various factors on which a car’s standalone car insurance premium depends?
A car's standalone car insurance premium depends on various factors, such as the car‘s IDV, make and model, cubic capacity and age, add-on covers, and No-claims-bonus.
5. Who is eligible to buy IFFCO Tokio standalone car insurance?
Anyone who has a valid third-party car insurance from IFFCO Tokio or from any other insurer can buy IFFCO Tokio four wheeler standalone insurance online for protection of any damages to their car.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More