Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
IFFCO-Tokio Car Insurance Highlights
IFFCO Tokio General Insurance is one of the largest and most trusted private insurer in India. IFFCO Tokio has earned the trust of over a crore customers in its 20 years of service. IFFCO Tokio has digitalised customer journey for all policy transactions and thus providing a contact-less service. Be it instant policy issuance or quick claims settlement, all can happen with a few clicks or taps on your smartphone.
Claim Settlement Ratio
-Provides zero dep till 7 years of age of car%
-Provides zero dep till 7 years of age of car%
Available upto Rs 50,000
A car accident could lead to any of these consequences - collision with another vehicle, knocking over a pedestrian, property damage, or even death. The experience can be stressful and traumatic. Thankfully, IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy is there to help you financially and legally should any of these events occur. You can initiate the IFFCO Tokio car insurance claim process immediately after the accident.
It would be helpful to note down all the relevant information at the accident site, take photographs and make a note of the eyewitnesses. You also need to report the damage or loss of your car to IFFCO Tokio immediately by dialing its toll-free number.
The insurer will send you a claim form on receipt of claim intimation. You need to submit the duly filled form and the necessary documents to forward your claim application. The insurer will arrange for an inspection to assess the vehicle loss in the accident. Based on its assessment, the insurer decides the claim settlement amount that the insured will receive.
List of Documents Required During Claim Settlement
Here is a list of documents that you need to submit for verification, along with their photocopies for claiming an IFFCO Tokio four-wheeler insurance claim:
- Original vehicle registration book
- Original driving license
- Car insurance policy
- Duly completed claim form
- Identity proofs
- Copy of the FIR(Only in case of theft, highway accidents, third party injury/damage)
- Repair bill or estimate of repairs
- Satisfaction letter, in case of cashless claims
How to Make IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim Online?
You can visit the IFFCO Tokio website to file an online car insurance claim. There you need to enter your car insurance policy number to access the IFFCO Tokio car insurance claim form. You can download the IFFCO Tokio four-wheeler insurance claim form, fill in all the details and submit it to the insurer. Or you can download the IFFCO Tokio car insurance app on your smartphone from Google Playstore or AppStore to file your claim. Policyholders must provide the complete and correct address, phone numbers, email ID, and other accident-related information in the claim form.
How to Make IFFCO Tokio Cashless Car Insurance Claim?
- Inform IFFCO Tokio and the police about the car accident.
- File an FIR if there are critical injuries or any person's death following the incident.
- The policyholder must not move the vehicle from the accident site. Instead, they must wait for someone from the insurance company to do so.
- The insurance officer will get the vehicle towed for inspection to the nearest IFFCO Tokio network garage.
- It will then examine the quote given by the network garage. Upon successful verification will the quote get approved. Post-approval, the repair work will begin.
- The garage will raise an invoice after the repair work is over for IFFCO Tokio.
- Once the insured submits all the necessary documents, they will be checked and verified by the insurer. Subsequently, the claim process will start. The policyholder needs to pay for deductibles and depreciation (if the vehicle is not insured under a zero Depreciation cover). IFFCO Tokio will take care of the remaining damage costs.
How to Make IFFCO Tokio Reimbursement Car Insurance Claim?
- Call the IFFCO Tokio car insurance helpline to register the claim or do so by email or on the website.
- Take the damaged vehicle for repairs to any car garage.
- The insurer will appoint a surveyor to survey the extent of the damage caused.
- Submit all the required documents to the surveyor.
- Once the repair is over, submit the original repair invoice given by the garage and its payment receipt to IFFCO Tokio.
- The insurer will confirm its liability and initiate the reimbursement process.
Common IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim Rejection Reasons
- The policy has expired or is cancelled/invalid due to the cancellation of the premium cheque.
- The date of the accident is outside the policy period.
- The vehicle driver at the time of the accident does not have a valid driving license.
- The car driver was driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- A personal car used for commercial purposes.
- Claim made for pre-existing damages before the policy commencement date.
- The nature of damages and the cause of the accident are not related.
- The insurer remains uninformed of the change in the car ownership within 14 days of its instance.
IFFCO Tokio No Claim Bonus
IFFCO Tokio offers car insurance holders a premium discount upon policy renewal in the form of a no claim bonus. The policyholder can get this bonus upon policy renewal only when he/she has made no insurance claims in the past year.
The discount percentage that one can get on the premium depends on the number of years for which no claim has been made consecutively. Generally, NCB accumulates cumulatively and is tied to the own damage component of the car insurance policy. The discount is anywhere in the range of 20-50% on premiums for own damage.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
IFFCO Tokio Car Insurance Claim FAQs
1. Will I be entitled to an NCB on my IFFCO Tokio’s third-party liability car policy?
No, policyholders cannot claim for third-party IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy. The NCB can be claimed for the own damage premium component of the policy only. Unfortunately, the third-party car insurance policy does not come with own damage cover, so the benefit of NCB does not apply here.
2. Does IFFCO Tokio put any limit to the number of car insurance claims you can make in a year?
No, IFFCO Tokio doesn’t put a limit to the number of car insurance claims you can make in a year. However, the total coverage is limited to the insured declared value (IDV) of the vehicle. Also, if you feel the damage is not significant and you can pay the same without impacting your finances, do so and accumulate your NCB further.
3. How does IFFCO Tokio calculate the claim amount for my stolen car?
The claim amount you will receive in case of a car theft will depend on the IDV of the car and also the rate of depreciation that takes effect in the four-wheeler.
4. Does IFFCO Tokio Comprehensive car insurance cover all claims?
IFFCO Tokio comprehensive car insurance covers everything except a collision and your liability for other cars involved in an accident. Theft, fire, vandalism, and specified weather damages are all covered under the comprehensive policy.
5. My IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy has expired, but I want to renew it. Will I be able to get my NCB?
If your IFFCO Tokio car insurance policy expires, the no claim bonus will be valid up to 90 days from the expiry date. If you do not renew your policy within the said time, you won’t get any NCB benefits.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More