Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Engine Protection Cover in Bike Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The engine is one of the most expensive parts of the bike and a damaged engine might burn a significant hole in the owner's pocket for repairs. An engine protection cover keeps the policyholder or the insured financially protected from the cost of replacement or repairs of the engine or its components. This add-on cover provides compensation for losses caused to leakage of lubricant oil or damage to gearbox, pistons, water ingression, etc. please note that this add-on can be availed only by the registered owner of the vehicle.
The engine is the most important component of your automobile and all measures must be taken to protect it. Take Rahul’s case for example – he not only regularly services his bike at the service station and keeps it in a good working condition, but has also provided an extra layer of protection to his bike through the purchase of an engine protect cover in his comprehensive two-wheeler insurance policy.
Features and Benefits of the Engine Protect Add-on
- Provides for full replacement and repairs of the engine of the bike.
- Can be purchased at any time during the policy term with prior intimation to the insurer.
- This add-on will provide an additional safeguard in difficult times such as monsoon, flooding, and natural calamities.
- Only a limited number of claims can be raised, which is mostly two claims for most insurance policies.
What is Covered in Engine Protection in Bike Insurance
Repair or replacement cost incurred due to –
- Damages to engine components, such as pistons, are covered.
- Damages due to leakage of oil in the engine are covered.
- Damages due to water ingression are covered, including the damages of a hydrostatic lock.
- Damages to the undercarriage are covered.
- The cost of consumables and labour costs for the repair of the engine and its components are covered.
What is not Covered in Engine Protection in Bike Insurance
The policy exclusions are as follows –
- Damages sustained while the bike was driven by an individual who does not have a valid driver’s license.
- Damages sustained while the bike was driven under the influence of alcohol or other intoxicating substances.
- Damages sustained by the bike due to contributory negligence or a voluntary act of the insured.
- Damages caused are not a direct consequence of the accident.
- Damages caused when there is a forceful start of the engine even when the bike is submerged in water.
- Damage caused due to illegal racing.
- Damages caused to a bike which are older than 5 years.
- Any claims which are under a recall scheme or under the bike manufacturer’s warranty period.
Who Should Buy Engine Protection Cover in Bike Insurance?
Experts say that the following individuals must consider opting in for this cover –
- If you live in a flood-prone area or frequently visit such an area.
- If you have a new and expensive bike.
- If you are someone who wishes to provide a higher degree of protection to the bike.
- If you use your bike extensively.
Factors to Keep in Mind Before Choosing this Cover
- The longevity of the bike will be enhanced by protecting the engine.
- Can only be availed for comprehensive policy cover or own damage insurance cover and not a basic third-party policy.
- Choosing an online bike insurance policy to make the process shorter and simpler. The online policies that are available also come with several discounts and offers that might be beneficial to the policyholder.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Engine Protection Cover in Bike Insurance FAQs
1. Will depreciation costs be charged while making the claim under this policy?
The insurer will deduct depreciation costs or wear and tear costs while paying the claim amount (along with the deductible amount if any). One might, however, avoid losing out on this depreciation cost by purchasing a Zero Depreciation add-on cover to recover the full amount during the policy claim period.
2. Can the engine protect add-on be purchased online?
It can be purchased online on the insurance company’s website following the requisite procedure. The enhanced policy cover and its documents will be received in the form of an email. The process is simple, hassle-free, and can be completed in a short period of time.
3. Can an engine protect cover add-on be purchased for a third party insurance policy?
An engine protect add-on can be availed only for a comprehensive or an own damage policy.
4. What is the cost of the engine protection cover?
This add-on results in an increase in the premium of up to 10%-12% based on the age, model, and make of the bike. The premium may be calculated with the help of an online premium calculator.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
n India two wheeler insurance is mandatory. If you are confused about choosing a suitable insurance provider, ...Read More
There are two things to consider while buying a bike warranty and insurance. Many believe it’s better to have ...Read More
The guide covers all the details on the standalone own damage two-wheeler insurance policy. Please read to kno...Read More
Scooters have long been the vehicle of choice for women in India, and with the wide range of options available...Read More
Two-wheeler insurance is transitioning into the digital space. Read on to know how this change began and the i...Read More
This article will tell you how to check your bike insurance and why it is important to renew your bike insuran...Read More
The two-wheeler insurance sector faces a lot of changes after the introduction of the Goods and Services Tax. ...Read More