Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
New India Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Protecting yourself against any monetary loss due to an unfortunate event is as important as your car. As per the Indian Government, under the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, every vehicle owner must own a valid vehicle insurance policy. A third-party insurance is required as mandatory as it protects the interests of the vehicle owner against third-party legal liabilities. The New India third-party car insurance is an ideal choice when it comes to buying a secure and hassle-free car insurance policy.
The best part is that you can buy New India 3rd party car insurance online in some simple steps.
How does New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy Work?
Imagine how peaceful it is not to worry about finances in case your car accidentally causes damage to a third-party. That's what third-party car insurance does for you. New India car insurance provides basic financial coverage to the car owner against third-party liability in case your car causes any damage or loss to the third-party passenger or vehicle. This third-party insurance policy provides cover to the policyholder from third-party liability such as death, bodily injury, property damage, etc., arising due to an accident while driving your four-wheeler.
The only drawback of buying only a third-party insurance is that there is no coverage for own damage incurred by the policyholder or their vehicle. Any such damage would be paid for out of the policyholder’s own pocket, and not by the insurer.
New India Third Party Car Insurance Vs. Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Basis Of Difference||Third Party Car Insurance||Comprehensive Car Insurance|
|Coverage Extent||Third-party insurance only covers the damages incurred by the third-party.||Comprehensive car insurance provides complete coverage for third-party and own damages.|
|Availability of Add-ons||Add-ons cannot be purchased with a third-party policy.||Add-ons can be purchased with a comprehensive policy.|
|Cost Effectiveness||More cost effective as the coverage is limited.||Less cost effective as the coverage is quite extensive.|
|Requirement||Required as a mandatory inclusion with buying a car.||Not a compulsory requirement by the governemnt.|
How to Buy New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
You can buy a New India third-party car insurance policy online or offline. The steps for the same are given below:
- Visit the official website of the insurer.
- Download the form and fill in the details regarding your car.
- Choose the type of insurance policy you want to buy.
- Submit the required documents and upload the paperwork.
- Pay the premium through online transactions and buy the policy.
- Collect all the information on email.
What All is Covered Under New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
New India third party car insurance policy covers the following risks:
- Covers the expenses arise due to damages of property suffered by a third party during an accident with the policy holder's car.
- Covers the expenses in case of any injury or death suffered by a third party during an accident with the policy holder's car.
What All is not Covered Under New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy?
New India third-party car insurance policy does not cover the following:
- Damages to the owner's car or belongings in the accident, theft or fire.
- Any injury or death of the driver or owner of the insured car.
- Driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Intentional accidents.
- Private car being used for commercial purposes.
- Underage driving.
- Driving the vehicle without a valid DL and/or policy.
Key Benefits of New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy
The following are the benefits that you can enjoy after buying a New India car insurance policy:
- Takes care of third-party liabilities, both financial and legal.
- Renewal process is extremely streamlined.
- Claim settlement process is extremely hassle-free, with less paperwork.
- Easy-to-use online portal for policy purchase and payment of premium.
New India Third Party Car Insurance Policy Review
The claim ratio of the New India third-party car insurance is very good and well versed. They readily help the customers to settle their claims on time and to get the best-in-class claim.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
New India Third-party Car Insurance FAQs
1. Is it compulsory to buy New India third-party car insurance policy?
Yes, New India third-party car insurance is mandatory to buy as per Motor Vehicles Act, 1988.
2. Who can take the New India third-party car insurance policy?
Any car owner whose vehicle is registered with his or her name in the Regional Transport Authority of India is eligible to buy the New India third-party car insurance.
3. What are the cost factors of New India third-party four-wheeler insurance?
New India third party car insurance policy cost depends upon the following factors:
- Insured Declared Value
- Age of the Vehicle
- Cubic Capacity
- Model ofCcar
- Add-on Covers
- Geographical Zone
4. What documents are needed while lodging a claim for New India third-party car insurance?
While filing your New India third-party car insurance claim, the insurer will expect the following documents-
- Claim Form
- RC or Registration Certificate
- Copy of FIR
- Bills and Repair Proof
- Receipt of the Premium Paid
- Copy of New India third-party car insurance policy
- Driving Licence
5. What is the claim process of New India third-party car insurance?
For that, you need to inform the insurer that you have met with an accident that caused the third party's loss/damage/injury and provide the information such as the date and time of the event, details of insurance and policyholders involved, photographs of the incident, eyewitnesses, etc. The insurer will assess all evidence and documents to settle the claim with a third party accordingly.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More