Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A third party insurance policy, also known as liability only policy, is a basic requirement for you to drive your car in India. It offers compensation for third party property damage and demise or bodily injuries of a third party up to INR 7.5 lakh. Universal Sompo third-party car insurance not only helps you fulfill the legal requirement of having a mandatory car insurance cover but also compensates you for the third party liabilities that might arise because of road accidents, natural disasters, theft, etc.
How does Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance Work?
When a policyholder confronts an accident, the Universal Sompo third-party car insurance helps pay the expenses incurred for repairing the third-party property. In this way, it reduces the financial burden on the policyholder. When an accident happens, the insured should inform the insurance company about it immediately before claiming the compensation.
After the policyholder files a claim, a surveyor appointed by the insurance company comes to check the overall damages and estimate the cost of repairs. Once the verification is completed, and it is proved to be genuine, you can get your vehicle towed to the nearest Universal Sompo network garage for a cashless claim.
Also check - Buy Universal Sompo Car Insurance Online
Universal Sompo Third Party Car Insurance vs Comprehensive Car Insurance
|Coverage||It provides coverage for third-party property damage and a cover for injury/death of a third party.||It provides compensation for the insured car’s damages along with all third-party liabilities.|
|Add-ons||No add-on facilities are available with this.||Various add-on covers, such as engine cover, zero depreciation, NCB protection, etc, are available.|
|Cost||Cheaper than a comprehensive policy.||It offers a wide range of coverage, so it’s costlier than third-party car insurance.|
|Legal Requirement||It is made mandatory by Indian Law.||It is optional.|
How to Buy Universal Sompo Third-Party Car insurance?
1. Go to the official website of Universal Sompo for third-party four-wheeler Insurance.
2. Mention your car registration number. In case you lose it, you can also mention your car’s model, maker and car registration year.
3. Enter your personal information like your full name and mobile number. All the quotes in your category will appear on your screen.
4. Select the policy that matches your requirements.
5. Make online payment for the selected policy.
6. And the document containing all policy-related information will be sent to your email ID.
What All is Covered under Universal Sompo Third-party Car Insurance Plan?
The Universal Sompo third-party car insurance policy includes protection from the following events (Inclusions):
- Limited/unlimited cover for death/injury of a third party (depending on the nature as well as the severity of the injury sustained). The final compensation is decided by the court of law.
- Coverage of up to INR 7.5 lakh will be provided to cover third-party property damage.
- Financial assistance to pay for the legal costs of court trials (if any) in the event of an accident or other calamities.
What All is not Covered Under Universal Sompo Third-party Car Insurance Plan?
The Universal Sompo third-party car insurance policy does not include protection from the following events (Exclusions):
- Own damages sustained by the insured car.
- Loss/damage caused to one or more third-party or third-party properties outside the specified geographical area.
- Physical injuries sustained by the policyholder are not covered (to get coverage for this, you must buy a personal accident cover of up to INR 15 lakhs) for the same.
- Contractual liabilities.
- An accident caused by the driver after consuming drugs or liquor.
- An accident caused due to the car being driven under the limit or non-adherence to traffic rules, regulations and signals.
Universal Sompo Third-party Car Insurance Review
In the case of the policy renewal, it is done in less time than other insurance companies. The cost of third-party car insurance coverage is affordable. It matches the policyholder’s minimum requirements perfectly.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Universal Sompo Third-party Car Insurance FAQs
1. Does the model of the car affect the premium amount of Universal Sompo third-party car insurance?
It doesn’t. The premium is decided by the IRDAI.
2. According to which act, has the Government of India made it compulsory to have third-party car insurance from insurers such as Universal Sompo?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, it is compulsory to have a valid third-party car insurance from insurers such as Universal Sompo.
3. Is a no claim bonus included with Universal Sompo third party car insurance?
No. A no claim bonus is a type of reward which is awarded only if you purchase comprehensive or standalone own damage four-wheeler insurance.
4. What are the various methods of paying the premium amount for Universal Sompo third-party car insurance?
Universal Sompo third-party car insurance premiums can be paid by any of the following modes-
• Net Banking
- Debit card/credit card
• Demand Draft (DD)
5. What is the procedure for settling a claim in the case of Universal Sompo third-party car insurance?
You need to intimate Universal Sompo as soon as your insured car hits the third person in an accident. The concerned individual will need to file an FIR with the nearest police station. Universal Sompo will go through all these and approve your claim if it finds it to be genuine.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More