Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
From the powerhouse, Mahindra and Mahindra come another action-packed SUV, the Mahindra XUV 500. This car was launched as a compact sports utility vehicle. Mahindra has never failed to combine speed with ruggedness at absolutely no exceptions. The front chrome grille with LED headlamps designed in this feature-loaded SUV ticks all the right style boxes.
Also known for its tough stance and easy manoeuvring on various terrains, the Mahindra XUV 500 is the undefeated king in the segment. Launched for the first time in 2011, the car received some serious facelifts and added features in 2018 making it to be one of the most favourable and powerful SUVs in the market.
Key Specifications of Mahindra XUV500
The XUV 500 comes in Turbocharger eVGT diesel engine with 2179cc displacement. The 2.2 litres turbocharged diesel engine is capable of exerting a maximum power of 114kW@3750 RPM and maximum torque of 360Nm@1750-2800 RPM. It can hold a maximum fuel tank capacity of 70 litres.
Mahindra XUV 500 comes with a 6-speed gearbox which has an automatic as well as a manual transmission. As per the fuel type and variant, the car can give an average mileage from 13.4kmpl to 16kmpl. The high-performance SUV can attain a maximum speed of 185kmpl. This 7-seater has a length, width and wheelbase of 4585mm, 1890mm and 2700mm respectively.
Other Key Features of the Mahindra XUV500
- Touch screen infotainment system
- ESP with rollover mitigation
- Electric sunroof
- Passive keyless entry
- LED Headlamps
- Automatic Climate Control
- Power front windows
What is Covered Under Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance Policy
Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your car is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your Mahindra car insurance policy got you covered.
Car Thefts: In case your car is stolen, your car insurance policy will look after the same.
Damages Caused in Fire: If your car catches fire, your car policy will pay for the damages.
Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc attack your car, your insurance policy comes in handy.
Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance Policy
Drunken Driving: No car insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the driver is without a valid Driver’s License.
Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence, you won’t be able to claim the damages.
Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan.
How to Renew Your Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance Policy
You can renew your Mahindra XUV500 car insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you drive in.
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Mahindra XUV500 Car Review
The car has an impressive pick up due to the fuel injection technology where the diesel engine variant takes 11.51 seconds to move from 0 to 100kmpl.
The safety and security of this huge bad boy are beyond impressive. With 6 airbags, ABS, hill descent and hill hold control, electronic brake-force distribution and brake assist ensure a pleasant and memorable journey through some of the worst terrains. Mahindra XUV500 is a whole package consisting of style, toughness and comfort. Available in seven paint schemes, this SUV is all in to compete with MG Hector, Tata Safari Storme and Nissan Terrano.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Mahindra XUV500 Car Insurance FAQs
1. What are some of the Don’ts for any car insurance policy?
Some of the don'ts when you purchase a car insurance policy are:
- You should never let anyone fill your proposal form.
- You should never leave any blank space or column in your insurance policy.
- Never forget to renew your car insurance policy without any breaks.
- Don't declare any false information about the actual vehicle you are about to insure.
- Ask for a full and correct procedure when you purchase a used car which already has existing insurance.
2. What are some of the general instructions for buying an insurance policy?
When you are buying a car insurance policy, you must consider these following suggestions by some of the insurance experts:
- Always check whether the insurance company is registered with IRDA.
- If you are opting for an agent or broker while buying policies then make sure they are genuinely licensed.
- Read the prospectus of the policy carefully. Make sure you know what your car insurance policy covers and what it does not cover.
3. Is it mandatory to purchase a comprehensive car insurance policy?
According to the law, it is not compulsory to have a comprehensive car insurance policy. However, having a comprehensive car insurance policy will provide you with overall protection. It will save you from various financial hassles.
4. What should I do if I face a car accident beyond my city limit?
You should file an FIR at the nearest police station. Further, immediately you should call the customer support of your Insurance company. They will assist you in such situations. Adding a personal accident add-on cover will aid you the most in such situations.
5. What is not excluded in a Comprehensive car insurance plan?
- Ageing of vehicle parts.
- Electrical or mechanical breakdown.
- Damage sustained by a car due to a driver who has consumed drugs or alcohol.
- Absence of Driving license.
- Damage sustained by car outside India.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More