Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Before driving a motor vehicle on Indian roads, the owner must obtain a driver's licence under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. A person who does not have a valid driver's licence is not permitted to operate a motor vehicle. The state of Chhattisgarh has established strong laws and regulations to ensure that the state's transportation system is quick and efficient. The State Motor Vehicle Department of Chhattisgarh has been tasked with awarding driving licences to the state's inhabitants through a simple online and offline application process.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh
The following are the many types of driver's licences that are issued in Chhattisgarh:
- Motorcycle With Gear Licence: People who wish to drive motorcycles with gears avail this licence.
- Motorcycle Without Gear Licence: People who wish to drive motorcycles without gears avail this licence.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Licence: People who wish to drive commercial vehicles avail this licence.
- Light Motor Vehicle Licence: People who want to drive a light motor vehicle avail this licence.
- Medium Motor Vehicle Licence: People who wish to drive medium vehicles avail this licence.
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Licence: People who wish to drive heavy vehicles avail this licence.
Eligibility Criteria To Avail Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh
The following are the requirements for applying for a driving licence in Chhattisgarh:
- You must be 20 years old to avail a permanent driving licence for a commercial vehicle.
- To get a permanent driver's licence, the applicant must be 18 years of age.
- You must be 16 years old to apply for a DL for a motor engine with a capacity under 50CC.
- You must have a valid learner’s licence.
- The applicant must be knowledgeable about the traffic laws and regulations of Chhattisgarh.
Necessary Documents to Apply for Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh
The following documents are needed to apply for a driving licence in Chhattisgarh:
- Proof of age
- Proof of address
- LL application form 4
- Copies of passport-sized photos
How To Apply for Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh?
In Chhattisgarh, applicants can apply for a driver's licence online or offline, depending on which approach they prefer. The processes are given below:
- Online process: Visit the RTO website and download the form. Fill out the form and upload the documents. Pay the fee and book a slot for a driving test. Qualify the test and get a driving licence from the RTO.
- Offline process: Visit the Chhattisgarh RTO and collect the form. Fill the form and submit all the documents. Pay the fee and book a slot for the driving test. Qualify the test and receive the driving licence from the RTO.
- The DL is sent to the applicant's registered address after passing the test.
How to Avail a Duplicate Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh?
The Chhattisgarh transport authority issues duplicate driving licences in case of theft or expiry of a user’s DL. The following documents are required for availing a duplicate driving licence in Chhattisgarh:
- Details of stolen DL
- FIR copy of stolen DL
- Copy of original DL
- Application Form 1 and LLD
For a duplicate driving licence in Chhattisgarh, pick the online or offline process mentioned above.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Chhattisgarh?
Renewal of a driving licence in Chhattisgarh is required when the original licence expires after 20 years or when the licence holder reaches the age of 50, whichever comes first.
In Chhattisgarh, documents required for renewing a driver's licence are:
- Application fee
- Form 9
- Age and address proof
- Photos (passport-sized)
- Copy of expired DL
For a renewed driving licence in Chhattisgarh, pick the online or offline process mentioned above.
How to Avail an International Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh?
An international driving licence is provided to everyone over the age of 18 in Chhattisgarh. This licence allows an individual to legally drive a vehicle internationally. You can avail the same through the online or offline process mentioned above.
In Chhattisgarh, the following documents are required to obtain an international driving permit:
- Passport must be valid.
- Valid visa application form 4A with proof of age and address
- INR 500 application fee
How to Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh?
You can get a commercial driving licence in Chhattisgarh through the online or offline process mentioned above. For availing of a commercial driving licence (Saarthi) in Chhattisgarh, you need the following documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
- Passport-sized photos
How to Check Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh?
Follow the steps given below to check the status of your driving licence application in Chhattisgarh:
- Navigate through the Saarthi website and click on 'Online Services.'
- In the 'Driving Licence Related Services’ section, choose your state.
- Click on the drop-down menu titled 'Apply Online.'
- Click on ‘Application Status’ and enter the required details.
- Submit your request.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Chhattisgarh
A person can receive a driving licence in Chhattisgarh after completing the necessary driving test mandated by the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. To pass the DL test, an applicant must own a vehicle that is in the same class as the DL he is requesting. The candidate must take the exam in front of a Motor Vehicles Inspector, who will assess the applicant's driving abilities.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Chhattisgarh
1. Can one use an international driving licence in Chhattisgarh for driving on Indian roads?
No, you cannot use an international DL for driving in India. One should always carry their permanent driving licence while driving on Indian roads.
2. In Chhattisgarh, when is a medical certificate required for obtaining a driver's licence?
If one is over the age of 50, they will need a medical certificate to get a driver's licence in Chhattisgarh.
3. In Chhattisgarh, how can I check the status of my driver's licence?
The DL status in Chhattisgarh can be checked online at http://www.cgtransport.gov.in/ or in person at the RTO.
4. In Chhattisgarh, how much does it cost to get a smart card DL?
In Chhattisgarh, obtaining a smart card, DL costs INR 200.
5. Do I need to take any other test apart from the driving test in Chhattisgarh?
Apart from the driving test, you also need to take an online test to get a driving licence in Chhattisgarh.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More
The benefits of 'Pay as You Drive Car Insurance' are numerous. This article aims to provide you with an unders...Read More
Telematics car insurance is a contemporary and technologically advanced system using which you pay the premium...Read More
The trend of CNG cars in India is increasing rapidly as people want to save on expenses on fuel and join hands...Read More