Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Gujarat
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Known to be the homeland of Mahatma Gandhi, Gujarat is famous for its rich tradition and heritage that it has maintained for years. Lying on the coastline of the Arabian Sea, the state welcomes travellers with several beautiful beaches. Gujarat is widely known for its desert and forest.
Cities in Gujarat are well connected by road and to ride on the roads of Gujarat, one should have a valid Driving Licence (Sarathi) in Gujarat. Obtaining a Driving Licence Gujarat is easy and one can visit the nearby RTO to apply for a driving Licence.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Gujarat
Applicants can apply for different types of Gujarat state motor driving Licences:
- Light Motor Vehicle (LMV): vehicles like motorcars, taxis, jeeps & vans
- Medium Goods Vehicle: vehicles like delivery trucks & tempos
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: vehicles like huge trucks and transportation vans
- Heavy Passenger Vehicle: vehicles like buses and passenger vans
- Road Roller: Some vehicles used in road and building constructions
- Motorcycle with Gear: two-wheeler motorcycles with gears
- Motor Cycle without gear: two-wheeler vehicles like mopeds and scooters
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Gujarat?
To get Learning Licence Gujarat, the applicant must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- For motor vehicles with engine capacity below 50cc: 16 years or above
- For light motor vehicle: 18 years or above
- For commercial vehicle: 20 years or above
- The Applicant must have a learning Licence issued after passing a test to apply for the permanent Licence. The permanent Licence must be applied within 30 days of the date of issue of the learner’s Licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Gujarat?
Documents required for Driving Licence Gujarat are:
- Copy of learning Licence
- Copy of age proof
- Copy of address proof
- Form no. 2 duly filled
- Passport size photographs
How to Apply For a Driving Licence in Gujarat?
One can obtain Sarathi Driving Licence in Gujarat both online and offline. Here is the process:
- Get to the parivahan.gov.in website
- In the online service column, select driving Licence related services
- Select the state Gujarat
- Select apply online option
- Fill out the form and attach relevant documents
- Pay the fees
- Book the driving test
- Visit the RTO office on that date
- Once you pass the exam, the Licence is sent to your respective address
- Visit the RTO Gujarat
- Get form no. 2
- Submit a correctly filled form with the necessary documents
- Pay the required fees
- Select the slot for the driving test
- Clear the test by reaching the RTO on the decided date
- On clearance, the Driving Licence is sent to your address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Gujarat?
The Applicant can apply for Duplicate Driving Licence Gujarat if in case the original Licence is torn or misplaced. For this, the applicant must submit a duly filled LLD form including documents like age and address proof, FIR copy of the lost Licence from the police station.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Gujarat?
If the applicant reaches the age of 50 or if the driving Licence is about to expire in the next 30 days, it is the right time to apply for Gujarat Licence renewal. For renewal, one can apply with form no. 9 at the RTO office along with documents such as a No objection certificate, original driving Licence, etc.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Gujarat?
To drive overseas, the applicant must apply for an international driving Licence. For an international driving Licence, the applicant must submit form no. 4(A) with attached documents such as medical certificate, copy of visa, copy of passport, original driving Licence, etc. One can also apply for Online Driving Licence in Gujarat.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Gujarat?
One can convert a private driving Licence to Commercial Driving Licence in Gujarat. To obtain a Commercial Licence, the applicant must apply at the nearby RTO office with duly filled form no. 8 and form 5 for details of the training from the government driving school. This must include other documents such as the original driving Licence and photographs.
How to Check a Driving Licence in Gujarat?
One can check driving Licence status on the same app where the Gujarat RTO application was completed. Steps are:
- Get to the parivahan.gov.in website
- Here, get to online services
- Now click the tab of driving-related services
- Select Gujarat in the state option
- On the next page, select the tab of apply online
- Reaching here, select the tab of application status
- Here you will be asked to enter the date of birth, application number, and captcha code
- Click submit
- Now the status of driving Licence will be displayed
One can also check the driving Licence status by visiting the nearby RTO office.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Gujarat
To get a Licence in Gujarat, the applicant must appear in the Gujarat learning Licence test. The date of the driving test can be booked online on the website or offline at the RTO. The driving test will be conducted by a specialized inspector assigned by RTO. Under this test, knowledge, and skills of driving are checked. After the applicant clears both the exams, the Driving Licence is issued and is sent automatically to the respective address of the applicant.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More