Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Telangana
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Telangana was founded in the year 2014. It is a state in Southern India with Hyderabad as its capital. There are numerous national as well as state highways passing through this state. People who wish to get behind the wheels in this state need to have Driving Licence Telangana. To get more information on DL Telangana (Saarthi) read the document below:
Different Types of Driving Licence Telangana
Varieties of Telangana state motor driving licence are issued depending on the type of vehicle.
- Light Motor Vehicle (LMV)- If you wish to drive any of these vehicles like cars, jeep, taxis, delivery vans, auto-rickshaw. Then a Driving Licence or a Commercial driving licence will be issued.
- Medium Goods Vehicle- It is applied for vehicles that are used for the transport of goods like delivery trucks and tempos.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle- It is applied for big vehicles like trucks.
- Heavy Passenger Vehicle- It implies vehicles used for public transport like buses.
- Road Roller- It implies a vehicle used for road construction.
- Motorcycle with Gear- It is applied for two-wheelers such as bikes and scooters.
- Motor cycle without gear- It is applied for vehicles like a moped, gearless scooters.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Telangana?
The mandatory eligibility criteria decided by the motor vehicles act is:
- Minimum age- The legal age to drive a two-wheeler is 16 years, for a four-wheeler is 18 years and for a transport vehicle, it is 20 years.
- Before applying for a permanent driving licence the applicant needs to have a learning Licence Telangana.
- Once the applicant has received a Learning licence in Telangana, he/she can apply for a permanent one after 30 days of the issue or learning or prior to 180 days.
What are the Documents Required for Driving Licence Telangana?
These are the documents required for Saarthi Driving Licence Telangana
- Properly filled and signed application Form 4
- Learner's Driving Licence
- 3 recent passport size photographs
- Age proof document
- Address proof document
- Driving test-related document
How to Apply for an Offline and Online Driving Licence in Telangana?
You can apply online as well as offline if you are planning to apply for Saarthi DL Telangana:
- Online application- Log in to www.sarathi.nic.in, select the Driving Licence section and fill the form. Thereafter, submit the form along with the required documents, then you will get the information on your application status.
- Offline application- The applicant can visit the nearest RTO application centre for collecting the related application form. After filling and submitting the form with the related documents you will be notified for further procedure.
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence Telangana?
If your DL is lost, then you should immediately file an FIR and following that you should apply for a duplicate one. Fill in the form LLD, which is available both online and offline. Submit the required application attached with the other documents and also pay the fees. Once the authentication process is completed by the Telangana RTO, a duplicate DL will be issued to you.
How to Get a Telangana Licence Renewed?
Your Saarthi is valid for 20 years or until your age is 50. If your DL is about to expire then you should head towards the renewal process before it expires or within the 30 days grace period. The fees along with application Form 9 and a few other mandatory documents need to be submitted.
How to Get an International Driving Licence Telangana?
If you are having a permanent Saarthi Driving Licence Telangana, then you can apply for an International Driving Licence. You just need to submit copies of your driving licence, passport and other important documents at the RTO office Telangana. A fee of INR 500 has to be paid. If the eligibility criteria are fulfilled by you then you will surely get your Driving Licence by post.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Telangana?
Application Form 4 along with the driving training certificate and other important documents need to be submitted at the Telangana RTO office either by online or offline method. If you fulfil the eligibility criteria, then you'll be called for the Telangana learning licence test, after clearing which you will get your Commercial driving licence.
How to Check the Driving Licence Status in Telangana?
Go to www.sarathi.nic.in, and under the 'National Registry Services' click on 'status of web application'. After filling in your application number, your application number status will appear. If you want to check the DL status offline, then you need to go to the Telangana RTO where the application was submitted.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Telangana
An online exam to test the applicant’s knowledge and understanding of traffic rules and road safety is conducted. The minimum passing percentage is 60. To book a test slot just click on https://parivahan.gov.in/ To give the driving test, you have to go to the Telangana RTO. If the test goes well a learners licence will be issued, or you can apply again. For getting a permanent licence you should apply between 30 to 180 days of getting the learner's licence issued.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More