Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Tripura
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 in India makes it mandatory for a vehicle owner to get a driver's licence in order to operate on Indian roadways. The Motor Vehicles Department of Tripura was established under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 to carry out the act's requirements, while also establishing a reliable and efficient public transportation system in the state.
The Regional Transport Authority in Tripura is in charge of granting driver's licences and providing different services linked to them. Learn how to apply for a driver's licence in Tripura, as well as how to acquire an international driver's licence, renew your driver's licence, and receive a duplicate driver's licence.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Tripura
The Tripura Regional Transport Authority grants a driver's licence based on the type of vehicle a person intends to drive.
The following is a list of the several categories of driving licences in Tripura:
- Motorcycles without gear, such as mopeds and scooters, fall under this DL category.
- Motorcycles with gear: This DL category encompasses motorcycles with engines larger than 50cc and vehicles equipped with gear.
- Small and midsized automobiles, hatchbacks, and sedans fall within the DL category of light motor vehicles.
- This DL class comprises transport vehicles such as vans, buses, trucks, and other similar vehicles.
- Cabs, mini buses, jeeps, and other commercial vehicles are included in this DL category.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Tripura?
- To drive a vehicle without gear with an engine capacity of less than 50cc, an applicant must be at least 16 years old and acquire parental or guardian authorization.
- To receive a permanent driving licence in Tripura, an applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- To drive a transport vehicle, the candidate must be at least 20 years old.
- Traffic rules and regulations must be acquainted to the applicant.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Tripura?
The applicant must present the following papers in order to receive a driving licence in Tripura:
- An INR 200 application fee is required
- A valid and original learner's permit is required
- One passport-size photo
- Form 4 (if applying for a driver's licence for a private car)
- If you're applying for a commercial driver's licence, you'll need to fill out Form 5
- School certificates, passports, birth certificates, identification cards, PAN cards, and Aadhar cards are examples of age proof papers.
- Ration cards, passports, voter's identification cards, certificates issued by state/local/central bodies, life insurance policies, and so on are examples of address proof papers.
How to Apply for Driving Licence in Tripura?
Online: In Tripura, getting a driver's licence is simple because you may now do it online at parivahan.gov.in, the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways' website. Select 'driving licence-related services' under 'online services.' Choose Tripura as the name of your state. Click on 'apply online,' then 'new driver's licence,' and finally 'proceed.' Fill in the applicant's information and submit any necessary papers. You may also reserve a DL test appointment online, and pay the application fees.
Offline: Pay a visit to the RTO office closest to you and obtain an application form. Fill out the form and attach all supporting papers. Pay your application costs and schedule your DL exam. Attend the DL exam on the scheduled date and time.
How to Avail a Duplicate Driving Licence in Tripura?
Only when a person loses his or her driver's licence, or when it is destroyed or stolen, the Regional Transport Authority of Tripura issues a new one. Following are the required documents to get a duplicate DL:
- LLD Driving License Application Form.
- Three passport-sized photos
- If the licence is lost, a copy of the FIR is required
- Documents with verification of age and address
How to Avail a Renewed Driving Licence in Tripura?
In the state of Tripura, a private car driver's licence is valid for 20 years or until the age of 50. An applicant must renew his or her Tripura driver's licence within 30 days of its expiration date. Individuals must present the following papers in order to renew their driver's licence:
- Photographs in passport size
- Forms 2 and 1A of the application
- Copy of passport and visa that has been attested
- An INR 500 application fee is required
- Age and address verifying documents
How to Avail an International Driving Licence in Tripura?
Anyone who intends to operate a motor vehicle in another country can get an international driving licence in Tripura.
The following papers must be submitted by the applicant for an international driving licence in Tripura:
- Valid driver's licence is required
- Passport and visa must be valid
- 3 passport-sized photos (application form 4A)
- Application expenses for a medical certificate
How to Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Tripura?
In Tripura, you may obtain a commercial driver's licence using the above-mentioned online or offline method. The following papers are required to obtain a commercial driving licence in Tripura:
- Proof of address and identity
- Forms 2 and 1A
- Passport-size photographs (Form 5)
How to Check Driving Licence in Tripura?
You may check the status of your driving licence in Tripura online by following the steps below:
- Visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa.
- Select 'Online Services' from the drop-down menu.
- 'Driving Licence Related Services' should be selected.
- Select 'Tripura' as the state.
- Select 'Apply Online' from the drop-down option.
- Select 'Application Status' from the drop-down menu.
- Fill up the needed information.
- Fill in the Captcha.
- 'Submit' should be selected.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Tripura
Tripura's driving licence exam method is governed by Rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. A DL exam is done in front of a Motor Vehicle Inspector, who determines if the candidate is qualified to get the DL. For the test, the candidate must bring their own vehicle, which must be of the same class as the licence they are applying for. The applicant will be required to drive their car, and will be asked various questions on traffic rules and regulations while taking the exam.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Tripura
1. In Tripura, where can I apply for a driver's licence?
In Tripura, you may apply for a driver's licence at the following RTO offices:
- West Tripura: Joint Transport Commissioner's Office, Agartala, West Tripura-799001, Tel: (0381) 232-4601, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gomati: SDM Office Premises, Radha Kishorepur, Udaipur, Gomati District-799120
- North Tripura: District Transport Office, Chandrapur, Dharmanagar, North Tripura District-799251
2. Is it possible to get a smart card DL in Tripura?
In Tripura, you may get a smart card DL.
3. In Tripura, how long does a learner's permit last?
The validity of a learner's licence issued in Tripura is six months.
4. Is there a charge to apply for the DL exam in Tripura?
Yes, INR 50 is the application fee required for the DL exam to be done.
5. Will I be required to drive if I apply for a driver's licence renewal in Tripura?
No, you will not be required to drive when renewing your driver's licence in Tripura.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More