Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh
Enter 4-Wheeler number to get Quote
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Uttar Pradesh is the most populated state of India. This northern state is famous for its rich tradition and culture. The history of Uttar Pradesh is quite old and it is home to various rich heritage sites and historic places. The state follows strict guidelines for traffic rules. One can only drive with a valid driving license on the roads of Uttar Pradesh.
It is easy to apply for a Driving Licence (Sarathi) in Uttar Pradesh. Applicants can apply for a license either online on the Sarathi website or offline by reaching the nearby RTO Office.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
Here are the types of different Uttar Pradesh state motor driving licence:
- Light Motor Vehicle (LMV): This is a license for applicants who drive vehicles like motorcycles, taxis, and light motorcars.
- Medium Goods: This is a license for applicants who drive vehicles, tempos, and delivery trucks.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: This is a license for applicants driving vehicles like trucks and trailers.
- Heavy Passenger Vehicle: This is a license for applicants who drive vehicles like buses.
- Road Roller: This is a license for applicants who drive vehicles used for construction.
- Motorcycle with Gear: This is a license for applicants who drive vehicles like motorcycles.
- Motor Cycle without gear: This is a license for applicants who drive vehicles like scooters and mopeds.
What is the Eligibility Criteria To avail Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
The eligibility of Learning Licence Uttar Pradesh includes the following:
- Minimum Age:
- For vehicle driving license is 18 years or above
- For commercial driving licence is 20 years
- Before applying for a permanent driving license, the applicant must have a valid learning license.
- A person can apply for a permanent driving license only if he has a learner's license, after 30 days of the issuing of the learning license or before 180 days.
What are the Documents Required To Apply For Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
While applying for a driving licence, various documents are essential. Some of the Documents required for a Driving License in Uttar Pradesh are:
- Valid Adhar Card
- Valid Birth Certificate
- PAN Card
- Address Proof
- Duly filled form no. 2
- Form no. 1 as a medical certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Valid domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh
How To Apply For Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
One can opt for Online Driving Licence Uttar Pradesh or can choose to obtain a driving licence offline with RTO in Uttar Pradesh. Here is the process:
For filling an Uttar Pradesh RTO application, follow this process:
- Visit the office UP Sarathi site
- Get to the homepage and then select Uttar Pradesh in the district
- Select Apply for a driving licence in the service list
- Click continue
- Fill application form for a driving licence
- Now upload documents and pay fees
- Book slot for driving test at RTO office
For filling offline Sarathi Driving Licence Uttar Pradesh, follow this process:
- Visit nearby RTO and get an application form
- Fill the form with all details
- Attach the necessary documents
- Submit and then choose the slot for the driving test
- Complete the payment
- Once the test is cleared successfully, the license will be sent to your address
How to Get a Duplicate Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
If the original driving license is damaged, destroyed, or lost, applicants can apply for Duplicate Driving Licence Uttar Pradesh. For this, one needs to submit a duly filled application form of LLD. The documents to be attached with the form include the FIR copy of the lost license, copy of the original license, Age and Address proof documents, etc.
How to get a Driving Licence Renewed in Uttar Pradesh?
A driving license is usually valid for the tenure of 20 years in Uttar Pradesh, after which Uttar Pradesh license renewal is to be done. The renewal is to be done after 20 years or when the applicant turns 50, whichever is early. The renewal must be done before expiry. It can be done within the 30 days period of expiry. For this, applicants need to apply with duly filled form no. 9, a copy of the expired driving license, address proof supporting documents, etc.
How to apply for an International Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
Applicants can apply for an international driving licence at the Parivahan website. Here, click on apply for an international driving permit (IDP) tab. Now fill out the form correctly and attach essential documents such as proof of nationality, residence proof, valid driving license copy, passport, etc.
How to get a Commercial Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
For Commercial Driving Licence Uttar Pradesh, applicants can apply offline or online. He needs to submit an application with Form no. 2, training certificate from government driving institute, etc. applicants can apply for CDL after passing the driving test.
How to check a Driving Licence in Uttar Pradesh?
To check the status of Driving Licence Uttar Pradesh applicant must:
- Visit Parivahan.gov.in website
- Choose the driving license related services
- Now verify status page will be loaded
- Enter application number and date of birth
- Finally, check the status
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Uttar Pradesh
For obtaining a licence, it is essential to clear the Uttar Pradesh learning license test. This is conducted under the supervision of an inspector at the RTO in the applicant's jurisdiction. This is compulsory for applicants applying for driving licenses both online and offline. In this test, the inspector checks the basic driving knowledge of the applicant. The applicant must clear the road test to apply for a driving license.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More