The costs of the healthcare facilities have been soaring high due to inflation. Lifestyle changes of people have also resulted in the spread of critical illnesses among people at an early age. So, health insurance cover is a necessity today to secure yourself and your loved ones against the uncertainties which life holds.
A health insurance plan with a high sum insured would ascertain the financial security of your loved ones during a medical contingency. 1 Crore Health Insurance Plan would help in providing all-around coverage in case of treatments such as dialysis, chemotherapy, heart surgeries, organ transplant, etc. which would be difficult to be paid out of your pocket. The benefits of the 1 crore health insurance plan can be easily availed both as an individual health insurance plan and as a family floater plan.
Why Should You Opt for a Health Insurance Policy with a Higher Cover?
A major reason to choose a health insurance policy with a higher cover is to obtain the proper healthcare facilities without any worries about the expenses. The additional premium paid would be worth the benefits you would obtain by choosing the high sum insured of 1 Crore.
The major causes for choosing a health insurance policy that has a cover of INR 1 Crore can be summarised as below.
- Sufficient Family Floater Cover – If you have a family floater health insurance plan of INR 1 Crore or more then the financial security of your family is ascertained at the times of medical emergencies. With the high coverage, you would have a peaceful state of mind in case of any medical emergency.
- Expensive Medical Treatment – Expensive medical procedures can be easily availed if you have a health insurance policy of INR 1 Crore.
- Medical Treatment Abroad – When you have a medical insurance plan with a high sum insured of INR 1 Crore, overseas medical treatment can be availed without worrying about the finances.
- COVID-19 – The pandemic COVID-19 has affected the physical health of people very adversely. It can also cause various other health problems among those affected once. The cost of treatment for those affected by COVID-19 is quite high especially if it is a case of private hospitalisation. Moreover, if there are further health problems then a health insurance plan with a high cover of 1 Crore would be beneficial.
Who Should Opt for 1 Crore Health Insurance Plan?
In case, you are related to any of these below-mentioned situations then you should consider opting for a 1 Crore Health Insurance Plan.
- Family Medical History – You are more likely to suffer from cardiovascular disease if you have a genetic history of the same. It is advisable to include a critical illness cover in your health insurance policy for availing of the best medical facilities in these cases.
- Age Group – If you are in the age group of 30-40 years and above, then your vulnerability towards critical illnesses is high. So, it would be advisable to opt for a health insurance policy that offers comprehensive coverage.
- Bread Earner in the Family – If you are the sole earning member in your family, then a health insurance policy with a cover of INR 1 Crore would be essential to protect your family against any financial distress in the future.
- Work Environment – Another important factor that contributes to the rise in the number of critical illnesses among people is their unhealthy and stressful work environment. If you have too high pressure at your workplace then you must obtain a health insurance policy with a 1 Crore cover to avoid any financial stress due to health problems arising out of work pressure.
Top Health Insurance Plans with 1 Crore cover
Let us have a look at the top health insurance plans which provide a cover of INR 1 Crore.
Care Health Insurance Plan Which was Formerly Known as Religare Care Health Insurance
Care Health Insurance is a comprehensive health insurance policy. This health insurance policy would help you to ensure the financial security of yourself and your family at times of medical emergencies.
- The minimum age for entry into the Care Health Insurance Plan is 91 days.
- The maximum sum insured for this health insurance policy is INR 6 Crores and the duration of the policy can be 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.
- This policy would help in providing cover for the pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses for 30 days and 60 days.
- The Care Health Insurance Plan would provide coverage for expenses such as room charges, ICU charges, surgeon’s fees, Operation Theater charges, etc. in case you are hospitalised for at least 24 hours.
- You would also obtain cover for expenses incurred in availing the facilities of domestic road ambulance at the time of hospitalisation.
Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance
The Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance would help in covering expenses related to hospitalisation and also offers various useful riders.
- This health insurance plan comes in 3 variants i.e. the Value Plan, the Uber Plan and the Classic Plan.
- The minimum age for entry into this health insurance plan is 91 days and the maximum age is 65 years.
- The maximum sum insured for this health insurance plan is INR 1 Crore and this policy can be purchased for 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.
- You can obtain cover for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses up to a period of 60 days and 90 days respectively.
- The Bharti AXA Smart Super Health Insurance Plan would also provide cover for in-home hospitalisation and AYUSH treatments.
- Coverage for outpatient expenses which can be emergency treatment is also covered under this policy.
Max Bupa Health Premia
Max Bupa Health Premia would provide a cover of up to INR 3 crores for a tenure of 1 or 2 years. The minimum age for entry into the Max Bupa Health Premia is 91 days.
- Coverage for pre-hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation expenses would be available for 90 days and 180 days respectively.
- You can also avail of maternity benefits and coverage for the vaccination expenses of your newborn baby.
- For more than 20 major critical illnesses accident cover is available along with other protection.
Activ Health Platinum Plan – Enhanced
The Activ Health Platinum Plan-Enhanced provides a cover of INR 2 Crores for a period of 1 year, 2years, or 3 years. The minimum age for entry into this health insurance plan is 91 days.
- With this health insurance plan, you can obtain Health Returns benefits under which you would be able to earn 30% of your annual premium back.
- You can also obtain other add-on benefits like Worldwide assistance services, Chronic Illness Management Program, Wellness Coach, etc.
- You can also get the advantage to obtain a single day cover for the medical expenses associated with diseases like diabetes, high cholesterol, asthma, etc.
Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance
The Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance would be available in the form of three variants i.e. Elite, Supreme, and Classic.
- The sum insured available is INR 1.5 Crores and is available for the tenure of 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.
- The minimum age of entry is 91 days and the tenure of this health insurance policy is 1 year, 2 years, or 3 years.
- A large range of benefits is available along with the benefit of lifetime renewability.
- Coverage of pre-hospitalisation expenses and post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days and 180 days respectively are offered by the Royal Sundaram Lifeline Health Insurance.
Cost of 1 Crore Health Insurance Plan
|21 to 35 years||INR 7000 to INR 9550 Annually|
|36 to 45 years||INR 11000 to INR 13000 Annually|
|46 to 65 years||INR 34000 to INR 70000 Annually|
So, lifestyle diseases are on a rise and you must be financially prepared to face any medical emergencies. Purchase a 1 Crore health insurance plan today and make hassle free health insurance claims in an emergency.