ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance - Brief Overview
ICICI Lombard is a leading health insurance provider in India. The company was formed in 2001 and is one of the oldest private insurance companies in India. It is a joint venture between the highly trusted ICICI Bank and Canada’s Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited. The company offers a variety of health insurance plans that include individual health plans, family health plans and critical illness health plans, among others. ICICI Lombard has won many awards over the years, such as the ‘Best General Insurance Provider of the Year’ and the ‘India’s Leading General Insurance Company -Private’. The insurer offers some very good health covers at some of the most economical rates and this is another reason why their products are always in demand.
Most popular ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans
Take a look at some of the most popular health insurance plans from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance:
|Name of Plan||Brief Description|
|ICICI Lombard Complete Health Insurance|
|ICICI Lombard Health Booster|
|ICICI Lombard Personal Protect Insurance Policy|
Benefits of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans
With so many health insurance companies around, why would you choose ICICI Lombard Health Insurance? Take a look at the list of benefits offered and you will get the answer:
- Lifelong renewability - You can get your policy renewed for your entire lifetime. This is a huge benefit you get when you buy a health insurance policy from ICICI Lombard. The plans allow you to have health insurance until an advanced age, which is a very important life requirement these days.
- Cashless claims - The company has a network of more than 6,500 empanelled hospitals where you can avail the cashless facility. The company handles claims very smoothly and efficiently. ICICI Lombard has an incurred claim ratio of 76%, which is one of the highest in the industry. This is one of the major benefits you get when you buy your health cover from ICICI Lombard.
- Excellent customer support - Your relationship with the health insurance provider does not end when you buy a health plan. It is an ongoing relationship and you need the support of the insurer at all times. ICICI Lombard offers this support via its customer support team. You can call in at any time and get your doubts solved by the highly-skilled, friendly and efficient customer support executives.
- No claim bonus - The company offers a no-claim bonus on the health insurance plans. If you do not make any claims in an entire policy tenure, you can get a no-claim bonus in the form of a discount on the following premium amount. This is very handy and helps you to save money on health insurance.
- Comprehensive covers - When you buy health insurance from ICICI Lombard, you get a comprehensive list of covers such as hospital expenses, pre and post-hospital covers, ICU charges, ambulance charges, daycare expenses, domiciliary care and so on. All your healthcare expenses are practically covered under the wholesome ICICI Lombard medical insurance plans.
- Affordable health insurance - If you thought these health plans with the comprehensive covers would drill a hole in your pocket, you need to think again! The plans from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance are very affordable and so easy for you to own.
- Excellent digital presence - This is a very good advantage you get when you buy a health insurance plan from ICICI Lombard. You can not only purchase the mediclaim policies online, but you can renew them online, initiate claims online, etc. This helps you to save time, effort and money.
- No room rent capping - There are no sub-limits on room rent. It is beneficial because this allows you to stay in any room of your choice while you are admitted to the hospital.
- Tax Benefits: ICICI Lombard health insurance plans also boost your tax savings. Under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act, you can get deductions of up to INR 25,000 on your health insurance premium.
- Additional Sum Insured: The health plans with ICICI Lombard come with additional sum insured benefit, wherein for every claim-free year, you can enjoy additional sum insured to your health plan.
With so many benefits on offer, it is not difficult to understand why so many people choose ICICI Lombard as their health insurance provider.
What is covered?
As mentioned, there is a wide range of covers available on the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans. Here are some of them:
- Hospital stay - You get adequate health in coverage for your hospital stay. You may need to get admitted to the hospital due to an illness, or following surgery or even after an accident. Whatever, the reason you can make an ICICI Lombard Health Insurance claim. Everything from room rent to the surgery costs to the doctors’ consultation fee is covered under the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance policies.
- Pre and post-hospital stay - The next cover you get is for pre and post-hospital stay. At times, some home care is needed before or after your hospital stay. This is usually related to the ailment for which you require inpatient care. The ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans offer complete coverage for these costs.
- ICU charges - If you are required to be shifted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), you will get compensation for the expenses when you are covered under an ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plan.
- Ambulance charges - Ambulance charges are also covered under the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance policies. You can make a claim for the ambulance charges whether you need emergency hospital care or have a planned hospital stay.
- Daycare expenses - Even if you do not spend a night or more in the hospital, some treatments are very major and require hospitalisation for a few hours. These are called daycare procedures and are covered under the mediclaim policies of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance.
- Domiciliary care - If you require home health care, you can make a claim under the domiciliary care allowance. These claims can be made for things such as physiotherapy at home, the costs of a full-time nurse, etc.
- AYUSH cover - Some patients prefer alternative forms of medicine, such as AYUSH therapy, to the regular allopathic treatments. If you too prefer that, you can get compensation for the expenses, as AYUSH treatments are covered in the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans.
What is not covered?
While you get a very extensive list of covers under the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans, there are also some exclusions such as:
- No claims can be made when the policyholder tries to harm himself in any way or tries to commit suicide. Self arm injuries are not covered.
- No claims can be made if the ailment or injury happens due to alcohol, tobacco or drug abuse.
- No claims can be made when there is cosmetic surgery or treatment done. Even complications arising from these treatments are not covered under the health plans from ICICI Lombard.
- No claims can be made when there is an injury due to participation in any hazard sport or illegal activity.
- No claims can be made for any kind of dental treatments or procedures.
- No claims can be made in case of sexually transmitted diseases like HIV/AIDS.
How to purchase a health plan from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance?
It is very easy to buy a health insurance plan from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance. There are several ways in which you can do so:
- Buy online - You can go online and buy the plan of your choice from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance’s official website. All the plans are listed there. Read on the covers, exclusions, terms and conditions and then choose the policy that is best suited for you. Pay the premium online and buy medical insurance coverage instantly. The online plans are cheaper as well, so that is an added benefit you get when you buy your ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plan online.
- Buy from an aggregator - You can also buy the ICICI Lombard Health Insurance policy online from the portal of an insurance aggregator. Compare the plans on such a portal and buy the policy that you think is the best for you.
- Buy through an agent - If you like buying health insurance in a traditional manner, you can make your purchase offline. There are many health insurance agents working with ICICI Lombard Health Insurance. Contact an agent and get the plan from him or her. The agent will help you with the application process and also make the payment after collecting the cheque from you. You will need to pay the brokerage for the services you get from the agent.
- Buy directly from the insurer - You can also visit a branch of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance and buy a health plan directly from there. This is another option that you can explore and buy the medical insurance covers from ICICI Lombard.
Choose an option that suits you and will have very good health insurance coverage for your entire family.
The renewal process of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans
It is crucial for you to renew your ICICI Lombard health plan on time. You can renew the policy online by visiting the insurer’s website. The process is simple and hardly takes a few minutes. Just click here and then enter the policy number and then make the payment and your health cover will be renewed. You can also do so offline by visiting the insurer’s office.
There, you need to fill in the renewal form and pay the premium for the next policy tenure. Alternatively, you can ask your insurance agent to help you with the process as well. Whichever method you choose, ensure the policy is renewed on time and it never lapses. If your policy lapses, you may end up losing your no-claim bonus, or your waiting period may get reset as well. So keep an eye on the expiration date and act on time.
Other popular plans from ICICI Lombard Health Insurance
|Name of Plan||Brief Discussion|
|Aarogya Sanjeevani Policy|
|Disease Management Program|
|COVID 19 Protection Cover|
The claim process of ICICI Lombard Health Insurance plans
Cashless Claim: It is very easy to make a cashless claim on the ICICI Lombard health plans. You need to get admitted to a network hospital. Inform the insurance provider two days in advance about your upcoming hospital stay. If the hospitalisation happens suddenly and is unplanned, you need to inform ICICI Lombard within 24 hours. You also have to provide the pre-authorisation form to the hospital.
Reimbursement Claim: If you go to a non-network hospital, you should pay the bill yourself and raise a reimbursement claim. For that you will need the following documents:
- Discharge summary
- Duly filled and signed Claim form
- Copy of policy document
- Original doctors’ prescription stating the hospital stay was needed
- Original copies of tests
- Original hospital bill
- FIR, if available.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance contact info
Do you need to get in touch with the insurance company? If yes, then there are a few ways in which you can do so:
You can call on the toll-free number of the insurer - 1800 2666 and speak to the customer support team.
Need to drop an email?
Here’s the email ID- email@example.com
If you want to write in, you can do so to:
ICICI Lombard General Insurance Co. Ltd.
401-402, Interface Bldg; No.11,
Link Road, Malad (West),
Mumbai - 400064.
You can also visit a branch by locating the one nearest to you.
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance Review
ICICI Lombard Health Insurance is an old and reputed health insurance company in India. It has a handful of health plans that are comprehensive and extremely well suited for a large number of people. The company has built up a lot of reputation. An important reason for this is that it has a claim settlement ratio of over 99%. The company also has a very approachable customer support team. The plans are available online and this makes it easy for the customers to buy them. The company has also won many awards and accolades over the years.