Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance is a leading health insurance company in India. It has many interesting medical insurance plans to offer that protect all the members of a family. This includes individuals, senior citizens health insurance plan and people with special healthcare requirements. The plans are available online and offline as well. Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance has many agents working with them and these agents can guide you about the plans you need. Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) is a very reliable provider of health insurance in India. The company received the Economic Times Best Brands 2019' award, which is a very prestigious recognition and it tells everyone just how dependable a name Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance is in the Indian health insurance sector.
The Most Popular Plans from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance
Here is a list of the most popular Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans available:
|Name of Plan
|Health Premia Family Floater Plan
|Health Companion Family Floater Plan
|Go Active Family Floater Plan
|ReAssure Health Insurance
|Health Premia Family Floater Plan
|Health Pulse Plan
The Benefits of Buying a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Policy
Listed below are some of the main benefits you receive when buying a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance policy:
- You get preventive health check-up options under a majority of the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans. This helps you to keep your overall health in check and also prevent any serious illness from striking
- Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) does not engage the services of TPAs. All the claims are settled directly by the company itself. This makes the claim process fast and more efficient
- Under some plans, you can get a cashless settlement in hospitals situated outside India as well
- Usually, there are no age limit restrictions for getting enrolled in the health plans offered by Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa)
- Some of the family floater plans offer benefits including maternity coverage and newborn care
- The insurance company offers a bonus called the no-claim bonus which can be received if no claims are made in a particular policy period. The bonus is offered as a discount on the following year’s premium amount
- You get a wholesome list of benefits under the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans. These apart, you also get the option to customise the plans by adding riders to the basic plans
- The company has an excellent online presence and so finding and buy the health plans online becomes a hassle-free task to complete
- It is easy to renew a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Plan as you can do so online by visiting the insurer’s official website
- The Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance covers offer lifelong renewability. Buy the policy when you are young and stay covered for as many years as you wish
- Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance has a list of over 5,000 network hospitals spread across the country. It becomes easy to find a panelled hospital and seek cashless treatment
- The company has over 35,000 insurance agents working for them, making it very easy for you to buy the plan offline if you wish to do so
- The plans offer high amounts as the sum insured, the highest being INR 1 crore
- You get an income tax benefit under Section 80 D of the Indian Income Tax Act when you buy a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plan
What are the Common Covers Available Under the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Plans?
- Inpatient Care - The hospitalisation costs are covered under the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans. You get all the expenses covered such as room rent, surgery costs, doctors’ charges, pharmacy bills, diagnostic checks and so on.
- Pre and post-hospital Care - You need home health care after or before a serious hospitalisation. This may be pre or post-surgery care, physiotherapy etc. The Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans offer protection for all expenses incurred during the pre and post-hospital treatments.
- Ambulance Cover - You can get coverage for ambulance charges incurred when ferrying an insured patient to and from the hospital. This can happen during an emergency or during a planned hospital visit.
- Daycare Procedures - Many serious medical procedures do not require an overnight hospital stay. Getting admitted for a few hours is often enough. These procedures are known as daycare procedures and include angioplasty, cataract operation, dialysis and so on. Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) compensates for the daycare procedure expenses incurred.
- Home Health Care - Domiciliary treatment is the treatment that is sought at home. Many important health conditions require you to stay at home and recuperate. You may also need to hire a nurse or another healthcare worker to care for you. The Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans compensate you for these expenses as they fall under the domiciliary care category.
- Maternity Cover - You can get coverage for maternity and childbirth. Some of the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) family floater health plans offer this coverage that is available for normal as well as c-section deliveries.
- Treatments Related to Organ Donation - Organ donation is an important and very crucial medical procedure that is covered under the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) plans. You can get cover for all the expenses incurred when undergoing an organ transplant procedure.
- Restoration of the Sum Insured - Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) offers the benefit of sum insured restoration. The sum insured gets automatically restored after a health insurance claim is made. This is not available on every single plan but is available on some plans.
- Alternative Medicine - Many of the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) plans offer coverage for Ayush treatments, homoeopathic treatments and also ayurvedic treatments. You can get coverage for these along with the usual allopathic covers.
Please keep in mind that all the covers are not available on all the plans. You need to read the policy wording very carefully before you purchase the plan to understand what exact covers and benefits you are entitled to.
What are the Common Exclusions?
Now, let us take a look at the common exclusions found in many of the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans:
- Health problems arising within the first month of buying the policy
- Pre-existing health issues are not covered until the specified waiting period lapses
- No coverage is available for HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted diseases and complications arising out of those
- No coverage is available for ailments resulting from suicide attempts or other types of self-harm
- No coverage is available if an accident or illness happens due to consumption of alcohol or drugs, or due to any other substance abuse
- No compensation can be sought for injuries sustained in war, war-like conditions or other man-made calamities
- No coverage is available for injuries and ailments resulting from nuclear warfare
- You cannot make a claim for any cosmetic surgery or procedure under theNiva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plans
- No coverage is available for fertility or IVF treatment
Keep an eye for the exclusions when buying the health plan from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) so that you do not face any confusion when making a claim.
How to Buy Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance?
It is very easy to buy a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) medical insurance policy. There are various channels through which you can get a policy of your choice. They include:
- By Visiting the Insurer’s Office - You can get any Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health policy by visiting any branch of the health insurance company. The insurer has a large presence pan-India and you can easily find a branch near you. Walk into any branch, fill and submit the policy form, submit the documents, pay the health insurance premium and the plan will be issued to you in a simple and hassle-free manner.
- Through an Agent - Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) has over 35,000 health insurance agents working with them. You can buy your mediclaim policy through any one of these agents and get your hands on a good policy. The agent will guide you about the features of the plan and will also tell you how to go about the application process. You have to pay a brokerage amount, in return for this service.
- Buying Online - Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) has a very modern and structured website. All the Max Bupa health plans are available online on the company's official portal. You can log in, browse through the options, read the specifications and buy a policy of your choice. The online plans are less expensive as compared to their offline counterparts as you do not pay any brokerage.
- Buying through an Insurance Aggregator - The Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health plans can also be bought online via an insurance aggregator. There are many good aggregator websites on which you can compare and then buy a plan of your choice.
Some people like buying health insurance online, while some prefer the old-fashioned way of getting health insurance offline. You can choose any medium, but make sure you find the most suitable Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health plan for yourself and your family.
How to Renew a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Plan?
Getting a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) medical insurance plan renewed is not a difficult task in any way. The plans can be renewed online in a matter of a few minutes. All you have to do is visit transaonline by visitingction.maxbupa.com/pages/renew.aspx. You simply need to enter your policy number and some details about yourself. Then, pay the premium and the policy will be renewed then there in the most effortless manner.
Other Popular Health Plans from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa)
Let us take a look at some of the other popular plans from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance:
|Name of Plan
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Claim Process
There are two types of health insurance claims that Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) entertains - cashless and reimbursement. Here are the steps included in the cashless claim process:
- Keep the Insurer Informed - You need to keep the insurer informed about the upcoming hospitalisation. Call the toll free number and tell Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) that you are getting admitted in a network hospital, at least 48 hours in advance. If you get hospitalised following an emergency, the insurer needs to be informed at the earliest, preferably within 24 hours of the hospitalisation.
- Pre-authorisation - When you seek cashless hospitalisation, you have to get admitted in a panel hospital of Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa). Download the pre-authorisation form that is available on the insurance provider’s website. Fill the form and submit it to the hospital as soon as you get admitted. The hospital will inform the insurer and the payment will be made directly to the hospital.
- For Reimbursement - When you get admitted to a non-network hospital, you need to make the bill payment yourself while getting discharged. Thereafter, you have to submit the bill in original, along with the following documents and get the claim amount reimbursed from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa):
- Duly filled claim form, along with the insured’s signature
- Policy document
- Any KYC document of the insured
- Advice slip of physician staging the need to get admitted
- Original prescriptions of surgeons, doctors, anaesthetists, and other physicians
- Original medical bills, along with the bills of the pharmacy
- Original hospital memo
- Summary of discharge
- Original FIR copy, if the insured was involved in a road accident
Submit these documents and then Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) will scrutinize them. If everything is found satisfactory, the claim amount will be reimbursed at the earliest. You can file a claim online by visiting transaction.maxbupa.com/customer-care/health-services/health-claim.aspx. You can file the claim online and also check the status of your claim by entering the policy number and birth date.
Contact Details of Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance
If you are looking to contact Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa), here are some ways in which you can contact the health insurance company:
|Just dial 1860-500-8888 (Toll-free) and speak with the customer service team.
|Drop an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can write to
B-1/I-2, Mohan Cooperative Industrial Estate,
Mathura Road, New Delhi-110044
|You can log on to transaction.maxbupa.com/customer-care/health-services/contact-us.aspx and find the nearest branch if you wish to pay a visit.
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Review
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance is a very well-loved name in the Indian insurance industry. The company offers affordable health covers for the entire family and also offers a wide range of plans that include COVID-19 and maternity covers. The company has a hassle-free and quick claim process which makes it very smooth and convenient for the customers.
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance FAQs
1. Why choose Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance Health Insurance?
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance is a leading health insurance company in India. It has a vast range of covers that cater to the needs of an individual, as well as the entire family. You can get many unique covers such as maternity cover, alternative medicine cove, etc. The plans are very economically priced. The company has branches all over the country and also has a very good customer support team so reaching out is never a problem.
2. How to buy a Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance plan?
You can buy Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health insurance online or offline. If you decide to buy the plan online, you can make the purchase through the company's own website or through the website of a trusted insurance aggregator. The process is simple and the cost of the online plans are relatively lower. If you wish to buy the plan offline, you can either visit the branch of the insurance company or contact an insurance agent and buy the plan through him or her.
3. Does Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance have network hospitals?
Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) has an extensive list of network hospitals. Over 5,000 hospitals all across India have tied up with Max Bupa. You can get cashless treatment at any of these hospitals. The cashless claim process is smooth and can be settled in just about 30 minutes, making it one of the most efficient claim processes in the country.
4. How to file a claim?
You can inform the hospital and the insurer about hospitalization and submit the pre-authorization form when it comes to cashless claims. In the case of a reimbursement claim, you need to submit the claim form along with all the original documents and have the amount reimbursed. You can file the claim online as well on Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) website and check the status of your claim by entering your policy number and date of birth.
5. Can I port my plan to Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance?
Yes, Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) welcomes customers who wish to port their plans to the company. You need to submit your documents, along with the application form. Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) will review your application and let you know of the status at the earliest.
6. Can foreigners buy the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health plans?
Yes, foreign nationals residing in India can purchase the Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) health plans. They can get treated at national hospitals with the policy, but no claims will be entertained when made outside India.
7. Can I get maternity coverage with Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance?
Yes, most of the family floater health plans from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) offer maternity insurance covers. The waiting period is also lower compared to the other plans in the market. This is a big advantage of buying health insurance covers from Niva Bupa (formerly Max Bupa) Health Insurance.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More