Plans starting at only ₹7/day*
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
Enter your details to buy Health Insurance
By proceeding, I agree to the Terms & Conditions
- No Spam calls. Promise
- Upto ₹75,000** Tax deduction under Sec 80D
- Instant Policy Issuance
This policy has been devised in a way that it takes care of all your health insurance needs. The medical expenses that you incur during your stay at the hospital will be borne by the company. A comprehensive yet affordable policy, it offers multiple benefits, which offer immense financial help and do not let you face a financial setback in case of an injury or an illness.
This can be purchased for a period of 1 or 2 or 3 years and on an Individual or Family floater health insurance basis. Along with regular hospitalisation, the plan also covers Ayurvedic and Homeopathic treatments.
Best Features of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
- The policy allows a lot of choices in the sum insured
- Policy Term can be as per your convenience of 1 year, 2 years or 3 years
- Avail cashless treatment in over 5700 network hospitals
- Get a cumulative bonus of 10% for every claim-free year up to 100%
- Family discount-2 members 10%, 3 members 15%
- No pre-policy medical tests before 45 years of age
- 100% reinstatement of the sum insured in case claim amount exceeds sum insured
- Alternate treatments and Bariatric surgery are also covered
Benefits of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
- In-patient Treatment
When due to an injury or an illness, your doctor prescribes a hospitalisation for over 24 hours the medical expenses will be covered under the Health-Guard Gold Plan.
- Pre and Post-hospitalisation
When you get hospitalised the expenses are not limited to your stay in the hospital alone. To help you deal with such expenses, the Health-Guard Gold Plan covers the treatment-related expenses 60 days prior and 90 days after the hospitalisation as well.
- Multiple Sum Insured Options
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan offers you a lot of choice in the sum insured. You can select any of these amounts on the basis of your needs as well as your budget- INR 1.5 lakhs and INR 2 lakhs (silver plan), INR 3/ 4/ 5/ 7.5/ 10/ 15/ 20/ 25/ 30/ 35/ 40/ 45/ 50 lakhs (gold plan).
- Cover for the Whole Family
When you invest in Health-Guard Gold Plan, along with yourself you can cover your spouse, parents, dependent children, grandchildren, siblings, parents-in-law, uncle and aunt under the Individual option and cover yourself, your spouse and dependent children under the family floater option.
- Reinstatement of Sum Insured
If the sum insured and cumulative bonus, if any, gets exhausted during the policy year, it will be reinstated 100%.
- Ambulance Charges
A maximum of INR 20,000 in a policy year will be covered against the ambulance services that you use in case of emergency transport of the insured person.
- Cash Benefit for Accompanying an Insured Child
When a parent/ legal guardian has to stay in the hospital with an under 12 child, a daily cash benefit of INR 500 for a maximum period of 10 days would be paid. Please bear in mind that this benefit will be applicable only when the treatment comes under in-patient hospitalisation and if the policy term is 2/ 3 years.
- Convalescence Benefit
In case you or an insured member is hospitalised for the treatment of an injury/ illness or over 10 days, a benefit amount would be paid, depending upon the sum insured opted for.
- No Pre-policy Medical Tests
If you enjoy good overall health, you need not undergo any pre-policy medical tests till the age of 45 years. New proposals over 45 years will undergo a test arranged by Bajaj Allianz empanelled centres. If the proposal is accepted and the policy is issued, the entire cost of the check-up would be refunded.
- Day-care Procedures
The treatments/ surgeries that do not require 24-hour hospitalisation and are taken as in-patient/ day-care procedures are also covered under this plan.
- Organ Donation
Under the Transplant of Human Organ Amendment Bill, 2011, the organ donor’s treatment for harvesting the organ would be covered.
When you purchase the Health-Guard Gold Plan, there are plenty of attractive discounts that you can avail:
- Family Discount- 2 members 10%, 3 members 15%
- Long Term Policy Discounts- 4% for a 2-year policy, 8% for a 3-year policy
- Copay Discount- If co-pay is opted, 10%-20% discount
- Employee Discount- 20%
- Ayurvedic / Homeopathic Hospitalisation
In case you hospitalised in a government authorised Ayurvedic / Homeopathic hospital for over 24 hours, the medical expenses would be covered.
- Maternity & NewBorn Baby Cover
Under the Health-Guard Gold Plan, the delivery of the baby, pregnancy-related treatments twice during the lifetime of the insured member, will be covered. Your newborn baby will automatically come under the policy cover till 90 days from birth.
- Health Check-ups
When you complete 3 continuous years of policy coverage, you would be eligible for a Preventive Health Checkup. In an individual policy, you would be reimbursed up to 1% of the sum insured, maximum up to INR 5,000 for each covered member during the 3-year block. Under the Family Floater option, only you and your spouse would be able to avail this benefit.
- Cumulative Bonus
For every claim-free year, you can receive a cover increase of 10% of the sum insured. The maximum cumulative benefit can go up to 10 years.
Plan Details of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
18 years - 65 years
Children 3 months to 30 years
|Tenure of Policy||1 year/ 2 years/ 3 years|
|Type of Policy||Individual/ Family Floater Basis|
|Pre-existing Disease Waiting Period||36 months|
- Waiting Period
The waiting period is applicable as follows:
- 72 months of break-free coverage from the inception of the policy for pregnancy and childbirth-related complications
- 36 months of break-free coverage from the inception of the policy for all pre-existing illnesses and conditions
- 24 months of break-free coverage from the inception of the policy for specified illnesses and treatments
- 1 month from inception of the policy for any kind of illness/ sickness
- Accidental injuries are covered from day 1
- Free Look Period
With Health Guard Gold Plan, you get a period of 15 days to review its terms and conditions, and if you do not feel completely satisfied with the policy, you can return it. Keep it in mind:
- The policy can be returned only if no claim has been made
- The health insurance premium will be refunded after deducting the following:
- Stamp duty charges
- Proportionate risk covered
- Health checkup expenses that are done by the company
What is not Covered in Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan?
Exclusions are a part of every insurance policy. Hospitalisation due to the following situations is not covered under Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan:
- Self-inflicted injuries
- An injury caused due to participation in an unlawful act
- Plastic or cosmetic surgery, unless it results from an accidental injury
- Congenital external diseases or anomalies, genetic disorders
- Stem cell implantations
- Surgery for change of gender
- Illnesses arising due to abuse of alcohol and/or drugs
- Treatment for fertility, infertility and impotence
Renewal Process of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
To continue enjoying the benefits of the policy, you must ensure that the policy is renewed on time. Depending on the tenure selected by you, the policy may be renewed annually or after 2 year or 3 years.
In case you do not renew the policy before the expiry date, you would be given a grace period of 30 days, during which you must pay the renewal amount. If you do not renew the policy during this period, the policy will expire. You must remember that a claim made during the grace period will not be accepted.
For the renewal of your Health Guard Gold Plan, you can visit the company website, go to health Insurance and enter your policy details. Once you make the online payment, the policy would be renewed instantly.
Claim Process of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
- Cashless Claim
Cashless health insurance facilities are available to the policyholders only at network hospitals. You should keep a regular check on the list of network hospitals as it is updated on a regular basis.
At the hospital Help Desk, you need to show your Policy Health Card and Valid Identity proof. If it is a planned hospitalisation, register your claim at least 3-4 days before. In case of an emergency admission, you have to inform the company within the first 24 hours. Fill in and submit the pre-authorisation form with the executives. Other required documents will be sent to the company health administration team. Once the claim is approved, you will be able to avail cashless treatment.
- Reimbursement Claim
As per the terms and conditions of the policy, your hospitalisation along with the pre and post-hospitalisation charges will be reimbursed. After the discharge of the insured member, within 7 days, you need to submit all the bills and treatment-related documents with the company. Once all the paperwork is verified, your claim will be approved and you will be reimbursed for all the medical expenses that you incurred during the treatment.
- Required Documents
The list of documents that are required when making a claim is as follows:
- Government-authorised Identity Card
- Health card/ Original Policy Papers
- A consultation letter from the Doctor that advises hospitalisation
- All treatment-related bills and receipts
- All Diagnostic Reports
- Police FIR or Medico-Legal Certificate in case of accidental injuries
- Any other document that may be needed by the insurance company
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance - Network Hospitals
Hospitals that have a collaboration with the company are called network hospitals. They have an agreement with the Company for providing Cashless treatment to the insured patients. The list of Bajaj Allianz network hospitals is available on the official website. As it gets updated on a regular basis, you should keep a regular check on the list of network hospitals.
With a network of over 6,500 prominent hospitals in its network, Bajaj Allianz health insurance ensures that you are never away from quality healthcare. Going to a network hospital for hospitalisation will make the treatment very easy and convenient. As the bills are cleared directly by the company, you do not have to go through the anxiety and worry of arranging money.
Review of Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan
Due to medical inflation over the last few years, there has been a tremendous increase in healthcare services. And the rise of COVID-19 has been a wake-up call for all to invest in a health insurance plan. With Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan, you have the sense of security that even if you or your family members ever face hospitalisation, your medical expenses will be taken care of.
A few days of hospitalisation can burn a big hole in your pocket, but with the Health-Guard Gold Plan, the medical expenses of the hospitalisation would be covered. This is an all-inclusive policy which comes at a very affordable price. The benefits like pre and post-hospitalisation cover, health checkups, convalescence benefit, cumulative bonus, ambulance cover etc make this plan a very comprehensive one.
Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance Customer Care Details
Bajaj Allianz Health Guard Gold Plan - Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the plans available under the Health Guard Policy?
There are 2 plans under the Health Guard Policy:
- Silver Plan - Sum Insured - INR 1.5 lakhs and INR 2 lakhs
- Gold Plan - Sum Insured - INR 3/ 4/ 5/ 7.5/ 10/ 15/ 20/ 25/ 30/ 35/ 40/ 45/ 50 lakhs
2. What is the premium paying term in Health Guard Policy?
Premiums can be paid on a yearly, half-yearly, quarterly and monthly basis. You can select the paying term as per your convenience.
3. I am 30 years old, do I need to undergo a medical test before buying the Health Guard Policy?
If you enjoy good overall health, you need not undergo any pre-policy medical tests till the age of 45 years.
4. Can I enhance the sum insured after the inception of the policy?
You have the option of increasing the sum insured at the time of policy renewal. Make sure your request reaches the company at least 15 days before the expiry date.
5. If I buy the policy for the long term, will I get any benefits?
When you invest in a long term policy, you can avail discounts on the premium that you pay.
You get a 4% discount for a 2-year policy and 8% discount for a 3-year policy.
Recent ArticlesView All
Regular medical checkups are beneficial to keep your health in check. You will get them free if you have healt...Read More
Arogya Sanjeevani is basic and inexpensive health insurance. Additionally, it offers the choice of obtaining a...Read More
You can't get the ideal value if you don't know what kinds of health insurance policies are available in India...Read More
Diabetes is a disorder when the body's capacity to metabolise blood glucose is impaired. The disease is classi...Read More