Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Suzuki Bike/Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The history of Suzuki’s two-wheelers dates back to 1952 when they manufactured a unique 36cc capacity, two-stroke engine powered bike called “Power Free”, which changed the market forever. By the end of 1960, Japan-based Suzuki had created a strong loyal-base of innovative two-wheelers, which were loved and admired all around the world. Right now, Suzuki is ranked within the world’s top 10 popular two-wheeler brands, with diversified product offerings, catering to all segments of two-wheeler riders.
In India, Suzuki partnered with TVS in 1981, for selling two-wheelers. It was a very productive partnership, which eventually broke-off in 2001. Since 2006, Suzuki has been selling their two-wheelers under their wholly-owned Indian subsidiary: Suzuki Motorcycle India Limited.
Popular Suzuki Two-Wheeler Models
Here are some of the most popular Suzuki two-wheelers in India:
GIXXER SF 250
Under the ‘Big Bike’ segment, Suzuki’s latest GIXXER SF 250 is one of the most popular offerings from the two-wheeler giant in India. With the advanced SOCS cooling system, this sports bike promises higher engine efficiency and an industry-best cooling system. Its 4-stroke, 1-cylinder oil cooled engine has a capacity of 150 cc, which gives a power of 13.6 Ps along with a 22.2 Nm at 7300 rpm of torque. It costs INR 1.77 lakhs in New Delhi (ex-showroom)
Access 125 Scooter
When it comes to the scooter section, then Suzuki’s latest: Access 125 with Bluetooth capability and Android connectivity has been targeted for families riders, who are looking for the best in class mileage and tech innovation. The advanced digital console provides information such as navigation, missed call alerts, Whatsapp messages alert, over speeding warning, and more. The disk brake variant is available for INR 78,786, while the drum brake variant costs INR 77,886 in New Delhi (ex-showroom).
RM Z250 (Upcoming)
Suzuki’s new upcoming off-road bike: RM Z250 is creating quite a few ripples among the bike lover communities in India. With a massive power of 249CC and 5-speed constant mesh technology, RM Z250 is right now one of the most anticipated sports bikes from the Suzuki camp. It’s expected price can be around INR 7 lakh in India. More details are awaited.
Suzuki’s Burgman Street is a scooter, designed for those who wish to experience the thrill of a motorcycle while having the reliability and safety of a scooter. With 124 CC engine and fuel injection fuel system, Burgman Street is capable of giving out a power-packed performance on the road. The advanced engine ‘start and kill’ switch, along with a feature-rich, Bluetooth connected digital dashboard gives Burgman Street a futuristic look and feel. You will need to shell out INR 84,286 for this new-age scooter from Suzuki (New Delhi, ex-showroom)
What is Covered Under Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Suzuki two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Suzuki Two-Wheeler Review
There are some unique marketing and product strategies for Suzuki’s two-wheelers, which has been designed to entice both hard-core bike riders and families. While the sports bike lover will get incredible power and torque, which can withstand any terrain and any road condition, the family-centric riders, especially women can get an economical, safe, and mileage-friendly two-wheeler with minimum maintenance.
At the same time, technology is something that Suzuki has always focussed on, for both big bikes and scooters. The latest Bluetooth connectivity along with the digital dashboard gives Suzuki two-wheelers an extra edge, which the millennials connect with, quite literally!
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Suzuki Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
1. Let’s assume my Suzuki bike is stolen. What should be my next steps to avail insurance claim?
The very first step after vehicle theft is: File an FIR at the nearest police station. Based on the FIR, file your insurance claim with your provider, and share critical documents such as a copy of driving license, insurance claim form, policy documents etc.
2. Should I inform the RTO that my vehicle is stolen?
Yes. Informing the RTO is an important step, in case of vehicle theft. A copy of the letter to the RTO is required for filing an insurance claim.
3. My friend was saying that only cars need mandatory vehicle insurance. I have a second hand Suzuki scooter. Should I buy insurance?
Your friend is wrong. As per the Motor Vehicles Act, every vehicle on the road should have at least 3rd party insurance (which is also called Liability-only insurance). For a 2nd hand Suzuki scooter, the premium will be definitely less. Please educate your friend as well.
4. Do all insurance providers cover engine and electrical accessories under two-wheeler insurance?
No. Not every two-wheeler insurance provider covers engine and electrical accessories, in case of an accident. And not every bike actually needs such cover as well. For example, sports bikes and off-road bikes, whose engines are vulnerable to wear and tear should have engine insurance, while a scooter which will be mainly used in urban locations, can skip the same.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More