Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Hyundai Creta Car Insurance
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Launched in 2015, the superbly engineered and futuristically styled Hyundai Creta, with its rugged creases and angles and commanding stance, oozes suave machismo reminiscent of actor Sean Connery – the silver screen's original James Bond.
Predictably, almost as soon as it was introduced, the Creta stormed to the top of the compact SUV charts in India. This caused a flurry of activity among Hyundai’s rivals, as they scrambled to come up with a comparable offering.
Hyundai Creta has multiple high-performance petrol and diesel engines and gear-boxes with an automatic or manual transmission, priced between Rs 9.99 lakh to Rs 17.20 lakh. It offers variants to suit diverse pockets and preferences – all offering tremendous value-for-money.
Key Features of The Hyundai Creta
The Hyundai Creta comes in three variants:
- 1.4 litre Kappa petrol turbo engine with 7-speed dual-clutch auto transmission.
- 1.5 litre MPi petrol engine with 6-speed manual and intelligent variable transmission.
- 1.5 litre U2 CRDi diesel engine with 6-speed manual and 6-speed auto transmission.
- Striking signature cascading front grille
- Tri-beam LED Headlights and LED tail lights
- 436.6 mm diamond-cut alloy rims
- Chrome finished door handles
- Sporty shark-fin antenna
- Aerodynamic rear spoiler
- Dual-tone black and beige or all-black interior themes
- Leather-wrapped 2-pronged steering
- Dashboard with digital display
- Voice-controlled panoramic sunroof
- Ventilated front seats, reclining rear seats
- Advanced Bluelink with in-car voice command technology and remote-control features
- Steering mounted paddle shift
- State-of-the-art infotainment system with integrated rear-view monitor and parking assist
- Multiple drive mode settings (eco, comfort, sport)
- Wireless phone charger
- Advanced high-strength steel structure
- 6 airbags
- Electronic stability control
- Rear disc brakes
- Hill assist control
- Stolen vehicle tracking
Key Specifications of the Hyundai Creta
1.4 litre Kappa Turbo Petrol – GDi
1.5 litre MPi Petrol
1.5 litre CRDi Diesel – VGT
|Boot space (l)|
|Kerb weight (kg)|
|Power (bhp @ rpm)|
113 @ 6300
113 @ 4000
|Torque (Nm @ rpm)|
242 @ 1500-3200
144 @ 4500
250 @ 1500-2750
11.49 – 12.77
14.51 – 15.79
16.16 – 17.20
14.94 – 16.15
15.99 – 17.20
Hyundai Creta Insurance
It is important for Hyundai Creta owners to insure themselves against damages and/or loss caused by accidents, theft, and other associated risks – not only to one's vehicle and/or person, but also to third-party vehicle/s and persons that may suffer damage or loss directly caused by the incident.
The on-road price usually includes the Car Insurance policy for the first year. Typically, the showroom takes care of the related formalities. As the expiry date of the policy approaches, one may simply opt for a Hyundai Creta car insurance renewal or purchase a new policy.
Types of Car Insurance For Hyundai Creta
There are two basic types of the car Hyundai Creta car insurance policies one can opt for:
- Third-party insurance:
- This protects the insured against any expenses incurred by way of compensation for vehicular damage or physical harm caused to a third party in an accident involving the vehicle insured. This type of insurance is mandated by law since the insured may or may not personally possess the financial wherewithal to meet these expenses.
- Comprehensive insurance:
- This protects the insured against expenses incurred by way of compensation to third parties as described above. It also protects them against damage or loss of the vehicle insured caused due to accident, theft, fire, or other natural disasters.
It's important to note that while comprehensive insurance is not mandatory, it is highly advisable since expenses incurred due to damage to one's own vehicle and/or associated physical injuries can be exorbitant and financially crippling.
Some insurance companies also offer stand-alone own vehicle insurance – but this usually has very few takers – since separate third party insurance + own vehicle insurance is far more expensive than comprehensive insurance.
Insurers may also offer a variety of add-ons, including:
- Roadside assistance
- Key part replacements
- Zero depreciation (for cars under 5 years old)
- No claim bonus
- Passenger injury cover
What Is Covered Under A Hyundai Creta Insurance Policy?
A Hyundai Creta Insurance policy would typically cover the insured as well as third parties against losses or damages caused by any one or more of the following hazards:
- Natural disasters such as earthquakes, landslides, floods, cyclones, and other acts of God
- Man-Made disasters such as riots, arson, and other such acts of destruction
- Additionally, the owner must purchase a personal accident cover to insure themself against physical injuries that may be caused due to any of the above.
What Is Not Covered Under A Hyundai Creta Car Insurance Policy?
It is equally important to know what the typical Hyundai Creta policy does not cover. These would include damages caused under the following circumstances:
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, and psychotropic substance
- Driving without a valid driving licence
- Damage deemed to have been intentionally inflicted on the vehicle
- Damage deemed to have been caused due to negligence
- Damage incurred after the policy has lapsed
- Damage caused by causes specifically excluded in the terms and conditions of the policy
How To Buy/Renew Your Hyundai Creta Car Insurance Policy?
In most cases, owners tend to buy or renew their Hyundai Creta insurance online. This may be done directly through the website/app of the chosen insurance company, or more commonly, through an integrator service like PayTM Insurance.
This allows them to compare Hyundai Car Insurance costs, terms, and related benefits offered by multiple insurers, before choosing the one they feel offers the ideal balance of low cost, maximum benefits, and high reliability.
The process is simple:
- Fill in personal details and the Hyundai Creta model, variant, and registration details
- Fill in the details of the previous insurance policy
- Choose the type of insurance required and click ‘get quotes’
- Select the preferred quote
- Make the payment
Hyundai Creta Review
- Commanding road presence
- Fantastic engine-gearbox-suspension makes for a superb city and highway driving experience.
- Bluelink features offer amazing brag-value
- Classy interiors and ambient lighting provide an intimate atmosphere.
- Styling may be too futuristic for some
- Could do with a little more boot space
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs of Hyundai Creta Car Insurance
1. What is the standard rate of depreciation applied by insurers for a Hyundai Creta?
There is no standard rate of depreciation. The thumb rule is around 20% depreciation after year 1 and 10% depreciation for every subsequent year, provided your car is damage-free and well maintained. Damage and poorly maintained cars will suffer higher rates of depreciation.
2. What are the key factors that will determine the premium I will pay for my Hyundai Creta Insurance policy?
Broadly, the age and condition of your car are the two key factors. But It’s not black and white. Every insurer applies their own complex formula to arrive at the premium amount they will charge.
3. What is a 'no claim bonus?' How do I avail of it?
It’s a benefit offered by the assurer when there are no insurance claims made throughout the validity period of your policy. It cannot be encashed, but can be used to waive off a part of the ensuing year’s premium. Typically 20% for the first year it increases incrementally for every year with no claims.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More