Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Bhavnagar
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A driving licence is issued to an applicant in Bhavnagar by the Bhavnagar RTO, which is in charge of various transportation-related activities. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 requires all individuals to obtain a driving licence to operate a vehicle on Indian roads. The Bhavnagar RTO has established a regulated process that must be followed by anyone seeking a DL in the city.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Bhavnagar
There are different types of driving licences that are issued in Bhavnagar
- Driving licence issued for a motorcycle without gear: This type of DL is issued to people who want to ride bikes without gear, such as scooters or mopeds.
- Driving licence issued for a light motor vehicle: This type of licence is issued to people who want to drive light motor vehicles and motorcycles equipped with gear.
- Driving licence issued for commercial/ transport vehicles: This type of DL is issued to people who drive transport or commercial vehicles such as cabs, trucks, trailers, and so on.
- Driving licence issued for a medium motor vehicle: This type of licence is issued to people who want to drive medium motor vehicles.
- Driving licence issued for a heavy motor vehicle: This type of licence is issued to people who want to drive heavy motor vehicles.
- Driving licence issued for a motorcycle with gear: This type of licence is issued to people who want to drive motorcycles with gear.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
To apply for a driving licence in Bhavnagar, the applicant must first understand the Bhavnagar RTO's eligibility requirements.
- The applicant for a permanent driving licence must be over the age of 18.
- To obtain a DL for a motorcycle with an engine capacity of less than 50CC, the applicant must be at least 16 years old.
- The applicant for a commercial driver's licence must be over the age of 20.
- A valid learner's permit is required.
- After 30 days or within 180 days of obtaining a learner's licence, the applicant may apply for a permanent driving licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
The following documents are required for availing of a driving licence in Bhavnagar:
- Form 4 application
- INR 200 application fee
- Three passport-sized photographs
- Documents proving age and address
How to Apply for Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
The Bhavnagar RTO has made it easier for applicants to obtain a driving licence by introducing an online application process. To acquire a driving licence in Bhavnagar, the applicant must pass the DL test, as only after passing the test will he be issued the DL. In Bhavnagar, one can apply for a driving licence online or in person.
- Visit the website parivahan.gov.in
- Under ‘Online Services,' select ‘Driving Licence related Services'
- Select the name of your city
- Click on ‘Apply Online’
- Click on ‘New Driving Licence'
- Fill out the applicant information and then upload the required documents
- Upload your photograph and signature
- Pay the application fees
- Book a convenient slot for your DL test, appear for the test, and if the applicant clears the test, the Driving Licence gets delivered to the applicant at his address
- Visit the RTO Office and collect the form
- Fill out the form with all the obligatory details
- Submit all the required documents, along with the form
- Pay the application fees and make an appointment for your driving test
- Visit the RTO on the specified date and time to take the test
- If one passes the test, the licence gets delivered to the RTO within 2-3 weeks
How to Avail a Duplicate Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
You would require the following documents for obtaining a duplicate Driving Licence in Bhavnagar.
- Application in Form LLD
- If the licence is stolen, submit the FIR copy
- Application fees of INR 200 are applicable
- Address and age proof documents
- Details about your driving licence
The procedure for obtaining a duplicate driving licence in Bhavnagar is simple, as the applicant can do so online or in-person at the RTO.
How to Avail a Renewed Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
The following documents are required for Bhavnagar Driving Licence Renewal:
- Form 9 application
- Age and address proof documents
- Expired driving licence
- Application fees of INR 250
- A penalty fee of INR 50, in case of late renewal
The procedure for obtaining a renewed driving licence in Bhavnagar is simple, as the applicant can do so online or in-person at the RTO.
How to Obtain an International Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
The following documents are required for obtaining an International Driving Licence in Bhavnagar:
- Valid visa
- Valid passport
- Age and address proof
- Application fees
- 4A application form
The procedure for obtaining an International Driving Licence in Bhavnagar is simple, as the applicant can do so online or in-person at the RTO.
How to Check Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
One can check the status of one's Driving Licence (Saarthi) in Bhavnagar through their online portal, using the following steps:
- Visit Parivahan Sewa's official website
- Under the tab 'Online Services,' select 'Driving Licence Related Services'
- Select the state ‘Gujarat'
- Click on the header 'Application Status'
- Fill in the Application Number, Date of Birth, and Captcha
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Bhavnagar
The test is conducted in the presence of a Motor Vehicles Inspector according to rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988. The applicant must ensure that he drives the vehicle sufficiently to obtain a driver's licence on the first try. If the applicant fails the test, he is bound to retake it after seven days.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Bhavnagar
1. What is the term of a commercial DL Licence in Bhavnagar?
In Bhavnagar, a commercial driving licence is valid for three years.
2. What is Parivahan Sewa's Official Website?
You can visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa by clicking on https://parivahan.gov.in/.
3. Is a Medical Certificate Required When Renewing a Driver's Licence in Bhavnagar?
If you are over the age of 50, you will be required to submit a medical certificate to renew your driving licence in Bhavnagar.
4. What are the Documents Required for Obtaining an International Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
A person should have a 4A application form, application fees, age and address proof documents, a valid passport, and a valid visa to obtain an International Driving Licence in Bhavnagar.
5. What are the Scenarios Where a Person Can File for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Bhavnagar?
When a driver's licence is stolen, damaged, or lost, the applicant has 6 months from the date of loss to apply for a duplicate driving licence in Bhavnagar.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More