Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Rajkot
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The Government of India has stringent rules when it comes to road and traffic safety. One of such rules is carrying a driving licence every time a driver travels on the road. Having a valid driving licence is necessary in Rajkot to drive a motor vehicle on public roads. A valid driver's license is a mandate under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, in order to be able to ride motor vehicles on public roads. The Road Transport Authority of each state issues the driving licence. Apart from a regular driving licence, the Rajkot RTO issues a number of other types of driving licences. Let us read on to know more about them.
Types of Driving Licence in Rajkot
- License for Commercial Motor Vehicle: This license is for people who want to operate medium-sized vehicles such as pickup trucks or taxis.
- License for Light Motor Vehicle: People who want to operate a light motor vehicle, such as a car or a motorcycle, must have a light motor vehicle license.
- License for Medium Motor Vehicle: People who desire to operate a medium motor vehicle, such as a commercial truck, will need a medium motor vehicle license.
- License for Heavy Motor Vehicle: This form of license is for persons who desire to operate large vehicles.
- License for Motorcycle with gear: This license is for persons who want to ride a motorcycle that has gears.
- License for Motorcycle without gear: This form of license is for persons who wish to operate a vehicle that doesn't have a gear system and has a capacity of less than 500cc.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Rajkot?
To apply for a driving licence in Rajkot, you need to fulfil the following conditions of eligibility:
- Have a valid learner’s licence
- Apply for a permanent driving licence after completing 30 days and within 180 days of obtaining a learner's licence
- Must be 18 years old to apply for a permanent DL
- Must be 20 years old to apply for a commercial DL
What are the Documents Required to Apply for Driving Licence in Rajkot?
Submit the documents given below for availing a DL in Rajkot:
- A document proving age and address
- Original learner’s licence
- Application form 4
- Application Form 5 for Commercial DL
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Rajkot?
Online process: Visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa and click on the option ‘online Services.’ Now, select ‘Driving Licence-Related Services’ and then your state. Click on ‘Apply for Driving Licence.’ Enter the details of your learner’s licence and upload all the necessary documents. Select the time slot you want to take the test and pay the application fees.
Offline: In order to apply in for the license offline, you must go to the RTO office closest to you. You may print the form, fill it out, and bring it to the RTO office with all of the necessary documentation. After that, choose a time period for the exam and take it. Before taking the test, you must be familiar with all traffic laws and regulations.
In Rajkot, How can you get a Duplicate Driver's License?
In Rajkot, duplicate DLs are available both offline and online.
To get a duplicate driver's licence in Rajkot, make sure to provide the necessary documents:
- Copy of original DL
- Application form 1
- Application form LLD
- Age and address proof
- If stolen, a copy of the FIR
How to Avail a Renewed Driving Licence in Rajkot?
Renewal of DL in Rajkot is a straightforward process. It can be done both online and offline. Application for DL renewal must be made within one month which is the grace period.
The following documents are required to apply for the renewal of DL in Rajkot with the RTO:
- Original DL
- Application Form 1
- Form 2
- Form 1A
How to Avail an International Driving Licence in Rajkot?
For International DL, the following documents are mandatory to be submitted:
- Passport Size photographs
- Copy of address proof
- Copy of the Visa
- A passport photocopy
- Proof of nationality
- Medical form number 1-A
The method outlined above can be used to obtain an international driver's license in Rajkot, both online and offline.
In Rajkot, How can You Get a Commercial Driver's License?
A person must be at least 20 years old to apply for a Commercial driving license in Rajkot, as previously stated. When applying for a commercial driver's license, you'll need the following documents.
- Documents proving one’s identity and age
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
How to Check Driving Licence Status Online in Rajkot?
If you have already applied for a driving licence in Rajkot, you can check the status of your application through the following process:
- Visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa
- Go to the Driving Licence-Related Services option
- Choose your state.
- Select the option ‘verify status’
- Fill in your application details and date of birth
- Enter the captcha, and you will see the status of your Licence
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Rajkot
The candidate must take the exam in the type of vehicle for which he has applied. If the candidate fails the test, they have seven days to reappear. After three such examinations, however, the candidate will not be allowed to reappear for another 60 days. In addition to this, they also have to qualify for an online test.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Rajkot
1. What if I forget my DL number while applying for a Duplicate Licence in Rajkot?
If you happen to forget your DL number, you need to apply for a new DL.
2. What is the process of availing a driving licence renewal in Rajkot?
Following are the steps for online renewal:
- Visit the official website https://parivahan.gov.in/
- In the ‘online services’ menu, select ‘Driving related services’
- Select your state.
- Select the renewal option from the driving licence menu.
- Read all instructions and click on continue.
- Fill in the asked details and upload all the necessary documents.
- Click on proceed.
3. What is the fee for availing a Smart Card Licence in Rajkot?
You have to pay a fee of INR 200 for a Smart Card DL in Rajkot.
4. Does Rajkot RTO issue driving licences for road rollers?
Yes, Rajkot RTO also issues DLs for road rollers.
5. What happens if my driving licence application in Rajkot is rejected?
If your application is rejected, you can apply for the process again.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More