Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Bhopal
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Driving in any city in the country requires you to have a valid driving licence. Driving without a driving licence is illegal and can land you in a lot of trouble. The Motor Vehicles Act of 1988 governs the traffic rules and regulations and you must apply for a driving licence after you are 18 years old. The same rules and regulations apply to the city of Bhopal in Madhya Pradesh as well. Here is all that you need to know about driving licence Bhopal.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Bhopal
These are the different types of driving licence Bhopal offers. Depending on your requirement, you can select one or more of the following.
- Light Motor Vehicle: For taxis, cars, and motorcycles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: For trailers and trucks.
- Motorcycle with Gear: For motorcycles with gears.
- Motorcycle without Gear: For mopeds and scooters.
- Road Roller: For road rollers and construction vehicles.
- Medium Goods: For tempos and delivery trucks.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Bhopal?
For the learning licence Bhopal has to offer, here is the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum Age:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must be at least 20 years old to apply for a commercial driving licence.
- You must be aware of the traffic rules and regulations.
- You must first get your hands on a learner’s licence.
- Upon receiving your learner’s licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence.
- You can apply for a permanent driving licence anytime between 30 days and 180 days of receiving the learner’s licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Bhopal?
You must furnish the following to apply for your learning licence Bhopal.
- Form No. 1 or medical certificate
- Form No. 2 or driving licence application form
- PAN card of the applicant
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- Address proof of the applicant
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
- Birth certificate of the applicant
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Bhopal?
To apply for a driving licence in Bhopal, you can choose from two different options. You will select a more convenient option by opting for an online driving licence Bhopal offers. If you do not want to apply on the Sarathi website, you can apply offline at an RTO.
Online Driving Licence Bhopal
For your driving licence application online Bhopal, here are the steps that you need to follow.
- Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/, the official Sarathi website from your browser or smartphone.
- Select Madhya Pradesh as your state of residence.
- Select Apply for Learner Licence for a learning licence or Select Apply for Driving Licence for a permanent driving licence.
- On the next page, select Continue.
- Provide all necessary information on the application form.
- Upload documents required for the driving licence.
- Choose a slot for your driving test.
- Complete the payment of the fees for the driving licence and wait for its confirmation.
The process remains the same as far as two wheeler licence online apply Bhopal has to offer is concerned.
Offline Driving Licence Bhopal
It is not mandatory to apply for your driving licence from the Sarathi website. You can use the offline mode to apply for the driving licence as well. Here are a few simple steps to do so.
- Pay a visit to your nearest RTO and get an online application form.
- Fill out all the details on the application form.
- Gather all the documents required for the application.
- Submit the application form along with the required documents.
- Select a date and time for your driving test.
- Pay the fees for the driving licence.
After passing the driving test successfully, you will receive the driving licence at your registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Bhopal?
If due for some reason you misplace the driving licence or it is damaged or destroyed, you can apply for a duplicate driving licence. You can apply for a duplicate driving licence application online Bhopal with the help of the following documents.
- LLD application form
- Address proof
- Age proof
- FIR copy, in case of loss of licence
- Original driving licence’s copy
If you do not want to apply online on the Sarathi website, you can do the same offline as well. Just visit your nearest RTO and submit the above set of documents and pay the necessary fees. On verifying your documents, the officials will send the duplicate driving licence to your address.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Bhopal?
The process for Bhopal driving licence renewal is not complicated at all. You must also renew your driving licence if you reach the age of 50 or on completion of 20 years, either of which occurs earlier.
For Bhopal driving licence renewal, you can apply for it within 30 days of its expiry.
For your driving licence renewal online Bhopal, follow these steps.
- Visit Sarathi website.
- Choose Madhya Pradesh as the state of residence.
- Select Apply for DL Renewal option on the next page.
- Next enter all details on the application form.
- Next up, you must upload all the documents and select a slot for your driving test.
Should you opt for driving licence renewal online Bhopal has to offer, the renewal process is much more convenient.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Bhopal?
If you have always dreamt of driving in foreign countries, there is no better time than now. You just need to ensure that you have an international driving licence. If you do not already have one, the process of getting it is quite simple. Just visit the Sarathi website, select your state, and choose to Apply for International Driving Permit (IDP). Fill out the form and submit supporting documents for your driving licence application.
How to Apply for a Commercial Driving Licence in Bhopal?
The process to apply for a commercial driving licence in Bhopal is available in both online and offline modes. You need to submit an application form along with Form No. 2 and a training certificate from any of the government driving institutes. On successfully passing the driving test, you can apply for a commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure
Before you can get your hands on a driving licence, you would need to undergo a driving test. An inspector from the RTO usually supervises these tests. The inspector checks for driving skills and basic driving-related knowledge of the applicant.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Bhopal FAQs
1. What are the penalties for driving without a licence?
For two-wheelers, the penalty is INR 1,000, INR 2,000 for LMV and INR 5,000 for heavy motor vehicles.
2. What is the penalty for using your phone while driving?
Apart from being highly unsafe, it attracts a minimum fine of INR 1,500 for two-wheelers, INR 3,000 for LMV and INR 5,000 for HMV.
3. Will I receive a smart card as my driving licence?
Yes, if you apply for a new driving licence, you will receive a smart card.
4. Where can I collect my driving licence from?
Your driving licence will be mailed to the registered address. However, some RTOs do allow applicants to pick their licence up from the office.
5. Can I check the status of my driving licence application?
Yes, you can visit the Sarathi website and check the status by entering the application number.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More