Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Jalgaon
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The city of Jalgaon is known across the country for its gold. The city is also known as gold city due to its production of pure gold. If you are planning to move into Jalgaon, getting your driving licence is essential for driving around. Else, you would be paying hefty fines to the traffic police department of the city. So it is important to have a valid driving licence in the city. Here is everything that you need to know about driving licence Jalgaon.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Jalgaon
Here are the different types of driving licence Jalgaon has to offer. You can choose a class, based on the type of vehicle that you have or are planning to get.
- Light Motor Vehicle: This licence type is applicable for cars, taxis, and motorcycles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: Trucks and trailers are eligible for this licence.
- Motorcycle with Gear: Motorcycles with gears are eligible for this licence class.
- Motorcycle without Gear: Mopeds and scooters are permitted to operate under this licence type.
- Road Roller: Construction vehicles and road rollers are both eligible for this type of licence.
- Medium Goods: Tempos and delivery trucks are eligible for this licence category.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Jalgaon?
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for a Jalgaon learning licence:
- Age Limit:
- The applicant’s age must be 18 years or more.
- The applicant’s age must be 20 years or more to apply for a commercial driving licence.
- The applicant must be aware of the different traffic rules and regulations.
- To apply for a permanent driving licence, you must first get a learner’s licence.
- Once you receive the learner’s driving licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence anytime between 30 and 180 days.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Jalgaon?
To get your hands on your learning licence Jalgaon offers, you must furnish the following documents
- Medical certificate or Form No. 1
- Form No. 2 or driving licence application form
- PAN card
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Passport size photographs
- Birth certificate
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Jalgaon?
You can apply for a driving licence in two distinctive ways.
- The first option is to apply for an online driving licence Jalgaon has to offer.
- The second option is to visit the RTO and apply offline.
The online mode is a bit more convenient than the offline mode.
Online Driving Licence Jalgaon
For your driving licence application online Jalgaon, here is what you need to do.
- Visit the official Sarathi website at https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/.
- Select Maharashtra as your state of residence.
- To obtain a temporary licence, select "Apply for Learner Licence," or to obtain a permanent licence, select "Apply for Driving Licence."
- Select Next Page to continue.
- Complete the online application form.
- Upload all necessary files.
- Select a window of time for your driving test.
- Pay the application fee for a driver's licence.
Regarding the two-wheeler licence online application Jalgaon offers, the procedure is unchanged.
Offline Driving Licence Jalgaon
If you are not very tech-savvy and do not want to apply from the Sarathi website, you can apply offline as well. Here are the steps.
- Visit your nearest RTO and get your hands on a driving licence application form.
- Fill out the form with all the information.
- Gather all the documents that you must submit for the application.
- Submit the application form along with the documents gathered above.
- Select a driving test slot.
- Pay the fees for the application.
When you successfully pass the test, the RTO will send the driving licence to your registered address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Jalgaon?
In the unfortunate event of you losing or damaging your driving licence, you should not stress out. You can request a duplicate driver's licence, for that you will require the following collection of documents to submit your duplicate driving licence application online in Jalgaon.
- KYC documents like age proof, address proof, etc.
- Duly filled and signed the LLD application form
- Copy of the original driving licence
- FIR copy, in case of loss of licence
You can choose not to apply for a duplicate driving licence from the Sarathi website. You can apply offline by visiting your nearest RTO, submitting the above set of documents and by paying the necessary fees. Once all the documents have been verified, you will receive the driving licence.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Jalgaon?
The Jalgaon driving licence renewal process is easy to follow. The only time to renew your driving licence is when you reach the age of 50 or your driving licence is 20 years old.
You can opt for Jalgaon driving licence renewal at least 30 days prior to its expiry. For your driving licence renewal online Jalgaon, here is what you need to follow. Visit Sarathi’s official website, select Maharashtra as the state, select Apply for the DL Renewal option, complete the application, and upload the required paperwork. Following that, you must choose a time for a driving test and make the necessary payments. Should you choose driving licence renewal online Jalgaon has to offer, it’s a more convenient process.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Jalgaon?
If you wish to drive during your next international trip, getting ready with an international driving permit or licence is the best way to go. To apply for an international driving licence, visit the Sarathi website, select Maharashtra as your state of residence, and select Apply an International Driving Permit (IDP). For your driving licence application, fill out the form and attach any necessary supporting documentation.
How to get a Commercial Driving Licence in Jalgaon?
You can submit an offline or online application for a commercial driver's licence in Jalgaon.
- In addition to Form No. 2, submit an application.
- Along with Form No. 5, provide a training certificate from a government driving school.
- Pass the test successfully to apply for a commercial driving licence.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Jalgaon
A crucial part of applying for a driving licence is the driving test. The test is usually conducted by an inspector from the RTO. The inspector assesses if or not the applicant has the necessary driving knowledge and skills and awareness of traffic rules and regulations.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Jalgaon FAQs
1. How can I get a reprint of the fee receipt?
Visit the Sarathi website, select state, click on Fee Payments and select Print Receipt under the e-payment option.
2. What should I do, if my driving licence details are not displayed on the Sarathi website?
You must contact your zonal office or transport department along with the original documents.
3. Can I surrender any class of vehicle from my driving licence in Jalgaon?
Yes, you can surrender a specific class of vehicle category.
4. What to do if I have entered some information incorrectly on the website?
You can visit the zonal office or transport department along with the original documents.
5. Can I update my mobile number on the driving licence?
Yes, you can visit the Sarathi website, select state and click on Mobile Number Update from the other menu.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More