Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Mizoram
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
A driving licence is proof that you are eligible to drive on the roads. Therefore, your driving licence is one of the important documents you should possess. The driving licence is mandatory for every driver as per the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988. If you drive any motorized vehicle without a driving licence in Mizoram, you will face legal consequences when caught by authorities. The driving licence also serves another purpose as it is considered identity proof in India. So, it is advisable to apply for a driving licence in Mizoram if you do not possess a licence yet. Let us read some more about the driving licences in Mizoram.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Mizoram?
Like every state, Mizoram uses an eligibility criterion for handing out a driving licence. Since there are different driving licences types in India, you need to meet the eligibility criteria to avail one.
- 16 years olds can only apply for the Two-wheel motor vehicle with an engine size of less than 50CC.
- 18 years olds can apply for a motorized vehicle with an engine capacity of more than 50CC.
- For a heavy vehicle licence, the driver should be 20-year-old or above.
- Applicants should pass the RTO exam and know traffic rules and regulations.
- Should hold learning licence for 30 days to 180 days
What are the Documents Required To Apply For a Driving Licence in Mizoram?
Since RTO is the government body that checks the distribution of driving licences, every applicant must submit the following list of documents to your local RTO to apply for a driving licence in Mizoram:
- Age Proof
- Address Proof
- Passport-sized photos
- Valid learner’s licence
- Application Form 4
- Application Form 5
How To Apply for a Driving Licence in Mizoram?
If you are applying for a driving licence in Mizoram for the first time, then you first need to apply for a learner’s licence. The online and offline method for the same has been discussed below.
- Online method: You first need to visit the Parivahan Sewa’s official website. Click on the 'Driving licence related services' tab, and then look for the 'Apply Online' tab. Choose 'New Driving Licence.' To initiate the process, fill out the form and upload the documents. To obtain a driver's licence, pay the application money online and arrange your driving test.
- Offline mode: Pick up an application form at the Mizoram RTO office. Fill it out and send it along with your paperwork. Pay the application fee and schedule your driving test. If you pass the test, the RTO office will issue you a driver's licence.
Requirements for Applying for a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Mizoram?
You would require the following documents for obtaining a duplicate driving licence (Saarthi) in Mizoram:
- Copy of the original DL
- Application Form 1
- Application form LLD
- If stolen, details of the driving licence
- If stolen, a copy of the FIR
- Challan clearance report (commercial DL)
You can avail a duplicate DL in Mizoram through the online or offline method mentioned above.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Mizoram?
Applicants do not require any test at RTO to get an international permit. You can avail the same online or offline. You will need the following documents:
- Passport-size photographs
- Attested copy of permanent DL
- Attested copy of address proof
- Attested copy of the visa
- Attested copy of passport
- Nationality proof
- Medical Form 1-A
How to Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Mizoram?
You can get a commercial driving licence in Mizoram through the online or offline process mentioned above. For availing of a commercial driving licence (Saarthi) in Mizoram, you need the following documents:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
- Passport-sized photos
How to Check the Driving Licence Status in Mizoram?
You can check your driving licence status on https://parivahan.gov.in/parivahan/.
- On the Parivahan website, click on the “Online Services” tab.
- Then choose “Driving Licence Related service” on the menu and select your state.
- Then you need to click on “Apply Online” and you will be taken to another menu.
- On the menu, click on the “Application Status” and enter the required details to know the status of your driving licence status.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Mizoram
The RTO will assign you an invigilator who will test your driving skills. Besides, you also must give an online test that includes 20 MCQs. Once you qualify and pass the test, you will get your licence in about 2 two weeks.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Mizoram
1. In Mizoram, how do I check the status of my driver's licence?
By visiting the RTO in your location, you can check the status of your driver's licence offline.
2. How long does the validity of an international licence in Mizoram last?
An international driving licence in Mizoram is valid for one year.
3. How much does it cost to avail a duplicate driving licence in Mizoram?
To avail the same, you have to pay a fee of INR 200 to the RTO.
4. Can I drive a vehicle registered in Mizoram in another state?
Yes, a vehicle registered in Mizoram can be driven anywhere.
5. What is the fine for driving a vehicle without a fitness certificate in Mizoram?
You have to pay a fine of INR 2000 for driving a vehicle without a fitness certificate.
Recent ArticlesView All
Car insurance premiums vary based on myriad factors, with the type and make being one of the most critical. In...Read More
Do you wish to reduce your car insurance costs? Then, this post is the ideal place to discuss the elements tha...Read More
Liberty General Insurance Company is one of the leading car insurance providers in India. Learn about the bene...Read More
Are you thinking of purchasing the Cholamandalam MS Insurance Private Car Package Policy? If yes, then this ar...Read More
Have you ever wondered what other benefits you are missing out on from your car insurance? Here we discuss var...Read More
People are moving towards electric cars after the price hike of petrol and diesel in India. If you are one of ...Read More
Standalone own-damage car insurance can help you avoid big financial losses if you are involved in an accident...Read More
Looking for IFFCO-Tokio car insurance online? Check out the benefits of buying IFFCO-Tokio car insurance onlin...Read More