Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving License in Ludhiana
Enter 4-Wheeler number to get Quote
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
To drive around Ludhiana, you'll need a driver's licence that's up to date. The State Vehicle Department of Ludhiana enforces the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, which mandates that drivers must always drive with a valid driving licence. The Ludhiana RTO is where you go to get your driver's licence. After passing the Ludhiana RTO's driving examinations, can you get your licence. The RTO performs an essential role in this area. The learner's permit is also issued by the RTO Ludhiana. There are numerous kinds of automobiles in Ludhiana, and they're all employed for various things by the people that live there. Depending on the vehicle(s) you intend to drive, you should apply for a licence in Ludhiana.
Types of Driving Licence in Ludhiana
Ludhiana's driving licences can be divided into the following categories:
- Two-wheeler- A two-wheeler licence is required for motorcycles with engines smaller than 50cc.
- Light Motor Vehicle- To operate a motorcycle with gear and an engine capacity greater than 50cc, you must have a light motor vehicle licence.
- Motorcycle without gears- A motorcycle licence that allows you to ride any cc vehicle but does not allow you to use any gears. Scooters and mopeds are included in this group.
- Commercial Motor Vehicle- A non-transportation licence for a light motor vehicle. Also, for Commercial use of a light motor vehicle.
- Heavy Passenger motor vehicle licence or open licence- An open or heavy-passenger motor vehicle licence. For vehicles and trucks, it's also known as the All India Driving Permit.
- Heavy goods motor vehicle licence- A driver's licence for a heavy-duty vehicle.
- Heavy trailer licence- People who currently need a heavy vehicle driving licence can apply for a heavy trailer licence.
What is The Eligibility Criteria To Avail Driving Licence In Ludhiana?
When learning to drive a motor vehicle, it is recommended that you do so with the assistance of a certified driving instructor and in possession of a learner's permit. To receive a learner's permit, go to one of the 99 RTOs in Ludhiana located nearest your home and fill out an application. The RTO Ludhiana's prerequisites for acquiring a learner's permit are:
- An understanding of traffic laws and regulations
- For 50cc motorcycles, applicants must be at least 16 years old, and for geared motorcycles, applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- At Ludhiana, a declaration signed by the applicants' parent or guardian is required.
- To be eligible for a driver's licence to operate a bus, taxi, or other commercial vehicles, an applicant must be at least 20 years old.
- Driving a light motor vehicle requires a year of prior experience, at the very least (LMV).
- A certified copy of CMV-Form 1A, signed by a licenced medical professional, is required.
Documents Required for a Driving Licence in Ludhiana
For availing a driving licence in Ludhiana, you need the following documents:
- Fee payment receipt
- 3 passport-sized photos
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 1
- Address proof such as an A Ludhiana card, CGHS card, voter's ID, or an insurance policy.
- Proof of age, such as a diploma, birth certificate, driver's licence, or other government-issued identification.
How To Apply for A Driving Licence in Ludhiana?
The process of obtaining a driving licence in Ludhiana includes:
- Online method: Visit Parivahan Sewa’s official website. Click on the 'Driving licence related services' tab, and then the 'Apply Online' tab. Select 'New Driving Licence', fill out the form and upload all the required documents. Now, pay the application fee online and schedule a date for the driving test to get a DL.
- Offline method: Visit the RTO office and collect the application form. Now, fill out the form and submit the documents. Pay the application fee and book a date for the driving test. If you qualify for the test, the RTO office will grant you a DL.
How To Avail a Duplicate Driving Licence in Ludhiana?
To obtain a duplicate driving licence in Ludhiana, simply follow the steps mentioned above. You will need the following documents:
- Copy of the Original Driving Licence
- Application Form 1and form LLD
- If stolen, basic details of the DL
- FIR Copy
- Challan Clearance Report
- Application for a duplicate driving licence, application fee, age and address proof, the affidavit indicating the reason for applying for the duplicate licence, and driving licence details must be submitted with the application.
How To Avail a Renewed Driving Licence in Ludhiana?
At least 30 days before the licence expires, the renewal should be completed. By filling out Form 9 and accompanying the necessary documents, you can have it done at the RTO Ludhiana. Following are the required documents:
- Self-attested proof of age
- Self-attested proof of address
- Form 9 (application for renewal of driver's licence)
- Form 1A (for drivers over 40 years of age)
- A copy of the expired driver's licence
How To Avail an International Driving Licence in Ludhiana?
In Ludhiana RTO, applicants can submit their applications for an international driving permit either online or in person. Following are the required documents:
- Nationality proof
- Passport-size photographs
- Affidavit of authenticity for a permanent driver's licence
- Attested copy of proof of address
- Affidavit of authenticity for the visa
- Affidavit of attested copy of passport
- Medical Form 1-A
How To Avail a Commercial Driving Licence in Ludhiana?
In Ludhiana, you can obtain a commercial driver's licence either online or offline, as described above. A commercial driver's licence in Ludhiana can be obtained by providing the following documents:
- Address verification
- Identity verification
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
- Passport-size photographs
How To Check Driving Licence in Ludhiana?
To find out if your Ludhiana driver's licence has been issued, go to their website and complete these steps:
- Go to the official website of the RTO Ludhiana
- Select Online Services from the drop-down menu
- Select Driving Licence Related Services from the drop-down menu
- Select Ludhiana as the state
- Select Apply Online from the drop-down option
- Select the 'Application Status' option
- Fill in the required information
- Fill in the Captcha
- Click the Submit button.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Ludhiana
In Ludhiana, a motor vehicle inspector conducts the driving licence test. There is also an online test in addition to the driving exam. Questions about Ludhiana's traffic laws and regulations are required of the applicant. There will be a total of 20 questions on the test, and the candidate must get at least 12 of them right to pass.
FAQs on How to Get a Driving Licence in Ludhiana
1. Is a medical certificate required in Ludhiana to obtain a learner's licence?
No, a medical certificate is not required to obtain a learner's licence in Ludhiana.
2. Is a medical certificate required to obtain a permanent driving licence in Ludhiana?
If you are over the age of 50, you will be required to present a medical certificate to receive a Ludhiana driving licence.
3. How long is a learner's licence valid in Ludhiana?
In Ludhiana, a learner's licence has a validity of six months.
4. Is there any validity to a commercial driving licence issued in Ludhiana?
A commercial driving licence granted in Ludhiana has a three-year validity term.
5. How long is an international driver's licence valid?
The validity of an international driving licence is one year.
Recent ArticlesView All
Availing a car insurance without a driving license can be possible under certain circumstances. Know what are ...Read More
Are you looking for the difference between third-party and first-party insurance? Learn the difference on the ...Read More
Difference between comprehensive and third-party car insurance: Comprehensive policy covers both own damages a...Read More