Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Kanpur
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
The city of Kanpur in Uttar Pradesh, formerly the Manchester of India, is known for its gardens, parks, colonial architecture, fine quality leather and textile products. Situated on the banks of the Ganga River, Kanpur is home to some of the most beautiful cultural, historical and religious sites. The rule of holding a licence if you wish to drive a vehicle implies to everyone from all over the world, and Kanpur is no exception. Here’s everything you need to know about a driving licence in Kanpur.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Kanpur
The various types of driving licence Kanpur are as follows. Based on your vehicle of choice, here are the different licence types.
- Two-wheeler: A licence for motorcycles equipped with engines smaller than 50cc.
- Light Motor Vehicle: A licence issued to cars, taxis, and motorbikes.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: A vehicle licenced to haul trailers and trucks.
- Motorcycle with Gear: Motorcycles with gear fall under this category.
- Motorcycle without Gear: Vehicles without a gear, such as mopeds and scooters, fall into this category.
- Road Roller: This type of licence is required for construction vehicles and road rollers.
- Medium Goods: This type of licence applies to delivery trucks and tempos.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Kanpur?
For the learning licence Kanpur offers, here is the eligibility criteria:
- Minimum Age:
- An applicant for a licence to operate a motorbike with an engine capacity of up to 50cc should be 16 years old or older.
- An applicant for a licence to operate a light motor vehicle should be 18 years old or older.
- The applicant must be well aware of the traffic rules and regulations.
- The applicant must apply for a learner’s licence first.
- A permanent driving licence can only be obtained after obtaining a learner's permit.
- Within 30 days and 180 days after receiving your learner's driving licence, you can do so.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Kanpur?
For your learning licence Kanpur application, you must provide the following documents.
- Current passport size photograph of the applicant - 3 copies
- Residential adress proof (voter ID, aadhar card, electricity bill, ration card)
- Valid age proof ( passport, birth certificate, aadhar card)
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Kanpur?
As an applicant, when it comes to applying for a driving licence, there are two different options available.
- You can decide on an online driving licence Kanpur
- You can also apply offline by visiting the RTO
The online mode is slightly more convenient even though there isn't much difference in the process or documents.
Online Driving Licence Kanpur
For your driving licence application online Kanpur, the process is as follows.
- Go to https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/, the official Sarathi Website.
- Select Uttar Pradesh as your state of residence.
- Apply for a learning licence by clicking on Learner Licence or Apply for a driving license by clicking on Driving Licence.
- Select Continue, on the next page.
- Fill in the application form with all your official information.
- Upload the related documents.
- Choose a slot for your driving test.
- After making the payment, wait for the confirmation of the application.
The procedure remains the same as far as the two wheeler licence online apply Kanpur has to offer is concerned.
Offline Driving Licence Kanpur
To apply for a driving licence offline, applicants who do not wish to use the Sarathi website can follow these steps:
- Visit the nearest RTO and get an application form for the driving licence.
- Fill out the given form with all the necessary information.
- Obtain copies of all the documents you need to submit with your application.
- Submit the application form and the necessary.
- Choose a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the required fee
After successfully passing the driving test, the driving licence will be delivered to your registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Kanpur?
If you happen to misplace, damage, or lose your driving licence, there’s nothing to stress over. You can easily apply for a duplicate licence. To file your duplicate driving licence application online Kanpur, the following documents are needed:
- LLD application form
- The residential proof
- Age proof
- FIR copy, in case you lost the licence
- The original driving licence’s copy
You can apply for a duplicate driving licence offline if you don't feel safe utilising the official Sarathi website. Visit your local RTO, present the required documentation, and make your payment. Once your documents have been validated, you will obtain your driver's licence.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Kanpur?
The Kanpur driving licence renewal procedure is simple to follow. Before your licence expires, which is typically after 20 years or when you turn 50, whichever comes first, you must renew it.
In Kanpur, driving licence renewal can begin 30 days prior to the licence's expiration. Here are a few quick steps for driving licence renewal online Kanpur:
- Visit the Sarathi website.
- Choose Uttar Pradesh as your state.
- Select to apply for the DL renewal option.
- Fill out the application form and upload the relevant documents.
- Select a slot for your driving test.
- Pay the necessary fees.
When you select driving licence renewal online Kanpur, the renewal procedure is considerably easier and more practical.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Kanpur?
Driving internationally can be an exciting experience. To have the same experience, you must have an international driving licence, though. On the Sarathi website, you can submit an application for an international driver's licence. The first two steps are selecting Uttar Pradesh as your state and then choosing "Apply for International Driving Permit" (IDP). For your driving licence application, complete the form and provide the necessary supporting documentation.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence in Kanpur?
Either online or offline applications are accepted for a commercial driver's licence in Kanpur.
- In addition to Form No. 2, you would also need to submit an application,
- This must be accompanied by a Form 5 and a training certificate from a government driving institute.
- You can move forward with the application process for a commercial driver's licence after passing the test.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Kanpur
One of the most essential steps in the process of applying for a driver's licence is taking the driving test. Generally, an RTO inspector oversees the procedure. The inspector would evaluate the applicant based on their driving skills and would also check to see if they were familiar with the rules and regulations for driving on Indian roads.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Kanpur FAQs
1. Do I require additional authorisation to receive a duplicate driving licence in Kanpur?
Yes, you will require special authorisation if you don't request a duplicate licence within six months of losing the original.
2. For how long is a commercial driver's licence valid in Kanpur?
For only a period of three years, a commercial driver's licence is valid.
3. What is the penalty for driving without a licence?
A driver must pay INR 5,000 each time they are found driving without a licence.
4. Is it legal to drive without a licence in Kanpur?
No, driving without a current licence is prohibited.
5. Does renewing a licence in Kanpur have a grace period?
Yes, you have 30 days to renew your driver's licence.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More