Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Lucknow
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
Proceed without car number
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
If you want to explore Lucknow with your vehicle, you must need a driving licence. For this, you first need to become familiar with the procedure for obtaining a DL in Lucknow. In Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, applying for a driver's licence is simply because it can be done online. The Regional Transport Authority of Uttar Pradesh oversees awarding driving licences to its inhabitants and providing other services linked to them. The RTO office in Lucknow is governed by the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, and one of its primary responsibilities is to provide services connected to driver's licences.
What are the Various Types of Driving Licence Available in Lucknow?
- Light Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for people who drive a light motor vehicle, such as a car or a bike
- Medium Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for people who drive medium/commercial vehicles such as delivery trucks, tempos, and minivans
- Heavy Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for people who drive heavy vehicles such as commercial trucks
- Commercial Motor Vehicle Licence: Issued for people who drive box trucks, taxis, pickup trucks, trailers, etc.
- Motorcycle Without Gear Licence: Issued for people who drive motorcycles without gears, including scooters, mopeds, and vehicles not exceeding the limit of 50CC
- Motorcycle With Gear Licence: Issued for people who drive motorcycles with gears
What is the Eligibility Criteria for Obtaining Driving Licence in Lucknow?
- A person applying for a permanent driving licence in Lucknow must be 18 years old.
- A driving licence for a commercial vehicle requires the applicant to complete at least 20 years of age.
- If applying for a DL for a motorcycle with an engine capacity of less than 50CC, the applicant must be at least 16 years old.
- The applicant must have a valid learning licence.
- After 30 days or 180 days from the date of granting of the learner's licence, the applicant can apply for a permanent licence.
What are the Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Lucknow?
When the applicant meets the above-given criteria, they should have the following documents to apply for a driving licence in Lucknow:
- Form 4 for obtaining the driving licence.
- Form 5 is used to apply for a commercial DL.
- Valid learning licence.
- A driving certificate from a motor training school is required to obtain a commercial driver's licence.
- INR 200 as the application fee is required.
- Birth certificate, Aadhar card, Pan card, and other documents determine your age and address.
What’s the Process to Apply for a Driving Licence in Lucknow?
You have online and offline alternatives to apply for a driving licence in Lucknow. Let's examine both one by one.
- Online method: Visit Parivahan Sewa’s official website. Select the 'Driving licence related services' tab, and then on the 'Apply Online' tab. Select 'New Driving Licence,' fill the form and submit the required documents. Pay the application fee online and schedule a date for the driving test.
- Offline method: Visit the RTO office and collect the application form. Fill the form and submit the documents. Pay the application fee and book a date and slot for the driving test. The RTO office will grant you a DL if you qualify for the test.
How to Apply for Duplicate Driving Licence in Lucknow?
You can get a duplicate driving licence in Lucknow from any RTO office in Uttar Pradesh if your licence is stolen, lost, or destroyed. Applicants are required to submit the following documents to the RTO:
- LLD Duplicate Driving licence form
- INR 250 as application fee
- A copy of the FIR for the stolen licence
- Attested proof of age and address
- If the licence is damaged, you'll need to bring your original with you
How to Renew Driving Licence in Lucknow?
When the licence expires, the applicant must renew the licence within 30 days after the expiration date. Driving licence renewal in Lucknow requires the submission of certain documents.
- Form 9
- 2 passport-size photos
- A fee of INR 200 for applications; after the grace period, the fee will be INR 300
- Copy of expired driving licence
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Lucknow?
A person can apply for an international driving licence in Lucknow if they intend to drive any motor vehicle in a foreign land. An international driving licence issued in Lucknow is valid for one year and requires submitting the documents stated below. To obtain an international driver's licence in Lucknow, you'll need the following documents.
- Original driver's licence
- Application fee of INR1000
- Passport and visa
- A travel ticket will be issued if asked
How to Apply for a Commercial Driving Licence in Lucknow?
Following are the documents required to apply for a commercial driving licence in Lucknow:
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Form 2
- Form 1A
- Form 5
- Passport-sized photos
How to Check Driving Licence Status in Lucknow?
One can use any of the two relevant methods to check the status of the driving licence application online in Lucknow.
- Go to the website of the Transport Department of Uttar Pradesh
- Click on the ‘DL and LL registration’ option
- Click on 'Know your application status'
- Enter your application number
- Click on the 'Submit' button, and you will be shown the status
What’s the Driving Licence Test Procedure in Lucknow?
Rule 15 of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 governs the conduct of a driving licence exam in Lucknow. The test is conducted in the motor vehicle inspector’s presence, who will assess the applicant's driving ability, vehicle familiarity, and understanding of traffic rules and regulations. To take the exam, the candidate must bring his car, which must be in the same category as the driver's licence he is requesting for.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Lucknow FAQs
1. Can I reappear in a driving test if I failed once?
If you fail the DL test on your first attempt, you have seven days to reappear for the test.
2. How much do I need to pay for adding a new class to the DL in Lucknow?
You are required to pay INR 300 as a fee for adding a new class to your licence.
3. What is the appeal fee for RTO?
The appeal fee for RTO is INR 500.
4. Do I have to mention my blood group on the application form for availing a DL in Lucknow?
You have to mention your blood group on the DL application form.
5. What if my application for an international DL is rejected?
If your application for an international DL is rejected, you can try again after a fixed period.
You May Also Like
Buy Insurance Plans
Recent ArticlesView All
How to Check SBI General Insurance Claim Status?
Have you recently claimed your SBI car insurance policy? If so, you may be wondering how to check the status o...Read More
A Guide to Checking HDFC ERGO Car Insurance Claim Status
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company offers various ways to check comprehensive, third-party, or own-damage car...Read More
Convert Your Third Party Car Insurance to Comprehensive Car ...
The comprehensive car insurance policy offers better risk coverage on the road than third-party car insurance....Read More
Permissible Car Insurance Claims in a Year
In India, having a valid car insurance coverage is obligatory by law. This implies that anybody who owns an au...Read More
Top 10 Small Cars in India – Price, Mileage, Specifications
Check out this list of the best ten smallest cars in India, ranked by features including price, gas economy, a...Read More
Top 10 Most Expensive Cars in India - Prices, Mileage, Specs...
In a way, the most expensive cars are more than just cars; they are a statement of excellence in all aspects. ...Read More
A Guide to Buy the Best CSD Car In 2022
If you have been planning to buy a CSD car in India, read on to know the prices of all the models in the categ...Read More
A Complete Guide to Different Bharti AXA Car Insurance Plans
One of the leading players in the Indian insurance marketplace, Bharti AXA has a lot to offer when it comes to...Read More
Mistakes to Avoid While Renewing Shriram Car Insurance Polic...
Shriram General Insurance, undoubtedly, offers best car insurance policies with attractive renewal features. B...Read More