Starting at only ₹6 per Day*
Driving Licence in Asansol
Enter your details to buy Car Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Asansol is a metropolitan city in West Bengal and happens to be the second-largest and most populated city in the state. The city also features in the list of the top 100 fastest-growing cities in the country. The city takes its traffic rules and regulations quite seriously and if you are found violating any of them, you might end up paying hefty fines. One of the ways to avoid doing that is by securing an online driving licence Asansol has to offer.
Different Types of Driving Licence in Asansol
The following are the different types of driving licence Asansol has to offer. Depending on your needs, you can opt for the right one.
- Motorcycle with Gear: For individuals who want to ride bikes that have gears, and not the bikes that are automatic.
- Motorcycle without Gear: For individuals who want to ride mopeds and scooters.
- Light Motor Vehicle: For individuals who want to drive taxis, cars, or motorcycles.
- Road Roller: For individuals who want to drive construction-related vehicles and road rollers.
- Medium Goods: For individuals who want to drive tempos and delivery vehicles.
- Heavy Goods Vehicle: For individuals who want to drive trucks and trailers.
What is the Eligibility Criteria to Avail Driving Licence in Asansol?
If you wish to obtain a learning licence Asansol has to offer, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum Age for Application:
- The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
- The applicant must be at least 20 years old for a commercial driving licence.
- The process requires you to first apply for a learner’s licence.
- Upon receiving your learner’s licence, you can apply for a permanent driving licence. However, it must be done within 30 days and 180 days from the issuing date of your driving licence.
- It is essential that you are aware of all the traffic rules and regulations before you can go ahead and apply for it.
What are the Documents Required to Apply For Driving Licence in Asansol?
Here are the documents that you would need to submit when you apply for your learning licence Asansol.
- Form No. 2 for driving licence
- Form No. 1 or medical certificate
- Birth certificate of the applicant
- Aadhar card of the applicant
- PAN card of the applicant
- Proof of address of the applicant
- Passport-size photographs of the applicant
How to Apply for a Driving Licence in Asansol?
As an applicant, you have two different ways by which you can apply for a driving licence in Asansol. You can either go for the online driving licence Asansol has to offer or physically visit the RTO and apply for a driving licence.
Online Driving Licence Asansol
For your driving licence application online Asansol, here is all that you need to do.
- Visit https://sarathi.parivahan.gov.in/, the official Sarathi website.
- From the home page, you must select West Bengal as the state.
- If you are looking for a learner’s licence, click on Apply for Learner Licence and if you are looking for a permanent licence, select Apply for Driving Licence.
- On the next page, select Continue.
- Fill out the online application form that is provided on the website.
- You would then need to upload all the necessary documents as per the website.
- Book a slot for your driving test as per availability.
- Pay the driving licence fees.
- Wait till you get a confirmation regarding the payment from the website.
The process for two wheeler licence online apply Asansol remains the same.
Offline Driving Licence Asansol
If you do not wish to apply for your driving licence from the Sarathi website, you can still do it in the more traditional offline mode. Here are the steps that you would need to follow.
- Visit your nearest RTO and ask for an application form.
- Fill out the application form with all the information.
- Attach all the documents that are needed for your driving licence application.
- Submit the application form along with the documents by visiting the RTO.
- Book a slot for your driving test in the RTO.
- Submit the fees for the driving licence application.
On successfully passing the driving test, you will receive the licence at the registered mailing address.
How to Get a Duplicate Driver’s Licence in Asansol?
Should you lose your driving licence or it is damaged or destroyed, you can opt for a duplicate licence. Make sure that you apply for a duplicate driving licence within 6 months of the loss of the original document.
You can apply for a duplicate driving licence application online Asansol by providing the following set of documents.
- LLD application form
- A copy of your driving licence
- FIR, if you have lost your driving licence
- Address and age proof
You can take the above documents and visit the RTO to apply for a duplicate driving licence in person. The RTO usually takes a few days to verify the documents and send the duplicate driving licence.
How to Get a Driving Licence Renewed in Asansol?
The Asansol driving licence renewal is a simple process. The driving licence that you receive from Asansol RTO is usually valid for 20 years. At the end of those 20 years, you need to renew your driving licence. There are two conditions where you would need to renew your driving licence. Either at the end of 20 years or if you reach the age of 50, whichever occurs first.
You can apply for your Asansol driving licence renewal within 30 days of the expiry of the driving licence.
For driving licence renewal online Asansol, you would need to follow a few simple steps.
- You must visit the official Sarathi website and select your state as West Bengal.
- You need to select Apply for DL Renewal on the next page.
- After filling out an online application form, you would need to submit a few documents, one of which is a copy of your existing driving licence.
- You must then select a driving test slot and pay the necessary fees.
Opting for driving licence renewal online Asansol will save you a considerable amount of time.
How to Apply for an International Driving Licence in Asansol?
Apart from getting your driving licence application online Asansol also lets you apply for an international driving licence. You will need an international driving licence if you wish to drive a vehicle during your trip abroad. The simplest way to get one is by visiting the Sarathi website.
- On the Sarathi website, you can select West Bengal as your state.
- Apply for International Driving Permit on the next page.
- Fill out an online form and provide the necessary documents such as an existing driving licence, proof of residence, proof of nationality, etc.
Post this you will receive the IDP at your registered address within a few days.
How to Get a Commercial Driving Licence In Asansol?
For applying for a commercial driving licence in Asansol, the following steps have to be followed to apply online:
- Visit the website, www.saarthi.nic.in and fill out Form 4 after downloading.
- Upload the form along with the required documents, and passport-size photographs.
- Upload the Form 1A i.e. the medical certificate.
- Upload Form 5 that is provided by the training centre after undertaking the compulsory training course.
- Post this, go for the driving test on the allotted date and time.
If you are more comfortable applying offline, then visit the RTO along with the documents and submit the application.
Driving Licence Test Procedure in Asansol
It is compulsory to undertake a driving test to get your driving licence.
- At the time of application, you need to book a slot for the test procedure.
- A driving inspector at the RTO will conduct the test in the vehicle of the applicant.
- The test is to ensure the applicant knows the basic driving skills and has to be done irrespective of offline or online application.
- The test also is a check of the knowledge of traffic rules and regulations.
Add ons for your Car Insurance
Driving Licence in Asansol FAQs
1. What is the minimum age for applying for a driving licence?
The applicant must be at least 18 years old.
2. Can I apply for multiple classes of vehicles for my driving licence?
Yes, you can apply for multiple classes of vehicles.
3. What happens on driving licence expiry?
On expiration, you can no longer legally drive your vehicle. You need to renew the licence.
4. What is IDP?
IDP or international driving permit allows you to legally drive vehicles in other countries.
5. Where can I apply for an IDP?
You can visit the Sarathi website and select apply for International Driving Permit.
Recent ArticlesView All
Read this article to learn the most common reasons why car insurance claims are denied and the factors you sho...Read More
It's easy to get Future Generali Car Insurance, which may help you in case of an accident. Read this to know a...Read More
ICICI Lombard comprehensive car insurance policy is a feature-rich policy offering many benefits like 50% NCB,...Read More
This comparison article covers all the essential factors to consider when deciding to stay with or leave your...Read More
Confused about what to choose from the available car insurance options? Check this comprehensive guide to know...Read More
Many commit errors when filing a car insurance claim and receive painful claim application rejections. So, lea...Read More