Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Honda CB Hornet 160R Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Honda is one of India’s leading bike companies. They manufacture bikes, motorcycles, and scooters and some models for every segment. With a loyal fanbase all over the country, the bike giant recently decided to launch the HondaCB Hornet 160R. It boasts of a 162cc air-cooled, single-cylinder powerful engine with a top speed of 110kmph. The bike has many attractive features like head and tail LED lamps, sleeker look, wide comfortable seats, and CBS for both tyres.
HondaCB Hornet 160R is available in five striking colours and five variants. They are priced between INR 82,405 to INR 96,262 (ex-showroom Delhi).
Key Specifications of HondaCB Hornet 160R
HondaCB Hornet comes with a 162.71cc single-cylinder, air-cooled engine with a peak torque of 14.5Nm at 6500 rpm and gives 14.9bhp at 8500rpm. It gives a mileage of 50kmpl and a top speed of 110kmph. It comes with a five-speed gearbox for easy gear shifting. The disc brakes on both the tyres come with CBS or Combined Braking System. The front brake is at 276mm while the back is at 220mm and has the widest tyres of its class at 100/80-17 front and 140/80-17 rear tyres.
HondaCB Hornet 160R has five variants with very attractive designs for a stylish look. It comes in five striking colours. Its features like LED head and tail light, mono-shock rear suspension, telescopic front suspension, and long comfortable seats appeal to the buyers.
Some Other Key Features include
- 162.71cc air-cooled engine
- Disc type Front and Rear Brakes
- Monoshock Rear Suspension
- Telescopic Front Suspension
- LED head and Tail Lamp
- Tubeless Tyres and Alloy Wheels
What is Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Honda two wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
HondaCB Hornet 160R Reviews
HondaCB Hornet is one of the best-looking bikes in its segment. It is very much suitable for highways and long drives and can be used for daily commute too. It has a decent mileage of 40 kmpl. The engine and suspension work smoothly even on bumpy roads. It puts up a good performance and does not require much maintenance and servicing. The long, comfortable seats are a welcome addition which lets the rider enjoy long rides without any discomfort. The bike has a very stylish and classy look which gives the feels of a racing bike.
Overall, HondaCB Hornet 160R is a great bike to invest in, considering its reasonable price and stellar performance.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
HondaCB Hornet 160R Insurance FAQs
1. I have been advised to get two-wheeler insurance done for my new HondaCB Hornet 160R. Can someone give me a basic idea of this type of insurance?
Two-wheeler insurance is absolutely necessary for your vehicles as it provides protection against damages, repairs, theft or accidents of any kind. Also, third party insurance is also covered under the two-wheeler insurance. It is compulsory to buy a liability-only policy for your bike without which you cannot use your bike on the road, according to the Motor Vehicles Act.
2. I am trying to get an insurance policy for my HondaCB Hornet 160R. Can somebody tell me what a comprehensive insurance policy means?
A comprehensive insurance policy is a basic insurance policy for your bike. This policy will protect your bike against damages, repairs, theft, or accidents. Also, third party insurance like death, third party property damage and bodily damage or injury is also covered under this two-wheeler insurance policy.
3. I am getting an insurance policy for my HondaCB Hornet 160R. There is an option of an emergency assistance programme. How does this programme work?
Emergency assistance program as an add-on cover and it can be purchased by paying more premium. It is not mandatory as such but has many benefits like breakdown assistance, towing, tyre replacement, fuel replacement, etc. these can be availed at the time of policy duration. Customers who have opted for this programme have to call the customer care service to avail these benefits in times of need.
4. I have purchased a bike for the first time- a HondaCB Hornet 160R. Can someone tell me about the long-term insurance policies available for two-wheelers?
There are many long term policies can be either Liability only policy, Bundled policy or Package policy. Liability only policy has a duration of 5 years and covers third party liability only. On the other hand, a package policy has a duration of 2 or 3 years and this policy protects your vehicle from damages, repairs, natural disasters, theft, third-party liabilities, etc. And, the bundled policy is also for 5 years, covers third-party liability as well as own damages for only one year.
You May Also Like
Recent ArticlesView All
Select the appropriate no-claim bonus percentage while renewing your bike insurance policy and save significan...Read More
Renewing your two-wheeler insurance online is easier, faster, and simple and doesn't require paperwork. Follow...Read More
What are the different variants of bike insurance available at the moment? Read on to find out the various typ...Read More
Do you need to buy insurance from a bike dealer? Is it mandatory? The answer may surprise you. Read more to de...Read More
Acko bike insurance provides two bike insurance policies considering your requirements. They offer mainly thir...Read More