Starting at only ₹1.5 per Day*
Honda Bike/Two Wheeler Insurance
Enter your details to buy Bike Insurance
By proceeding you agree to Terms & Conditions
- Compare and buy at best price
- Instant Policy Issuance
- No unwanted calls. We promise!
Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd. (HMSI) is a leading name in the two-wheeler segment of India and is a 100% subsidiary of the Japanese firm Honda Motor Company Ltd. The firm claims to be proudly associated with more than 46 million customers in India and has three categories of two-wheelers in India, namely - Motorcycle, Scooter and Big Bikes. Honda's journey in India started with the Activa model that was launched in 2001 and is still going strong after twenty years of its launch.
The brand offers many dynamic models and has a diverse portfolio of two-wheelers with engine capacity going up to 1800cc.
Popular Two-wheeler Models of Honda
Honda Hornet 2.0 is a model designed keeping the racers, bikers and routine use in mind. It is extremely easy to use in traffic and is easy to manoeuvre on the Indian roads as well. It has a Kerb weight of 142 kg and a displacement of 184.4cc. It has a 4 Stroke, SI engine with BS-VI configuration that delivers 17.03 bhp. It comes with a self-start system, Multiplate Wet Clutch, 5 gears and has a fuel capacity of 12 L. The model is priced at INR 1.28 lakh (Ex-showroom price in New Delhi).
The model has two variants - Honda Hornet 2.0 (Repsol Honda Edition), and New Hornet 2.0.
Honda XBlade is a BS-VI compliant motorcycle that comes with a powerful HET engine (162.71cc) and offers best-in-class torque. This is a highly efficient and powerful model that can achieve 0-100m in just 7.7 seconds. It comes with the PGM fuel injection system that has 8 sensors. Honda XBlade has a kerb weight of 143 kg, and delivers 13.67 bhp power. It also has Multiplate Wet Clutch, 5 gears and a fuel tank capacity of 12 L. The model is priced at INR 1.07 lakh (ex-showroom price in New Delhi).
Honda Activa 6G (20th Year Anniversary Edition)
Honda Activa 6G is the latest edition of the much-loved scooter model from the brand and comes with a fan-cooled 4 stroke SI engine. The model comes with a displacement of 109.51cc and a kerb weight of 107 kg. Honda Activa 6G has a fuel tank capacity of 5.3 L and delivers a maximum power of 7.68 bhp. The model is stylish and edgy with a 3-step rear hydraulic system with adjustable spring. Honda Activa 6G has a starting price of INR 68,299(ex-showroom price in New Delhi).
Honda Activa 125 BS-VI
Activa 125 comes with a fan-cooled 4 stroke engine that has BS-VI configuration. The model comes with telescopic suspension, and easy to use double-lid external fuel fill slot. It boasts of an intelligent display and has a kerb weight of 111 kg with a displacement value of 124 cc. It comes with LED headlamp and delivers 8.18 bhp units of maximum power. The fuel tank capacity is 5.3 L and the rear suspension has a 3-step adjustable spring system. The model is priced between INR 70,629 to INR 77,752 (ex-showroom price New Delhi).
What is Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is not Covered Under Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Honda Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Honda two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Honda Two-wheeler Review
Honda is a brand name that manufactures all types of two-wheelers, ranging from utility-based to performance-based models, and stunning looks to mean road performances. Offering a highly impressive fleet of two-wheelers, Honda is a reliable and one of the best brands in the two-wheeler segment. Honda two-wheelers can be bought by people of all ages and with all types of budget.
Offering a large number of options for racers, bikers and adventure lovers, Honda brand never fails to amaze its customers. The new models also offer best-in-class features, such as digital displays, improved engines, silent starter technology and better fuel efficiency.
Add ons for your Two Wheeler Insurance
Honda Two Wheeler Insurance FAQs
1. Do I need insurance for my Honda two-wheeler?
Yes, it is mandatory to have vehicle insurance for every vehicle owner. If you don't have one, you will be fined.
2. How to check if my Honda two-wheeler is insured or not?
You can check the insurance of your two-wheeler online on the VAHAN e-services portal. Click on the "know your vehicle details" tab and enter your bike's registration number. You can also use the search option available online.
3. Which insurance is better for my Honda two-wheeler - third party or comprehensive?
Comprehensive insurance offers a complete cover to you as they cover bodily and property damages for the third party as well as the owner. So, your bank balance is safe at all times. Third-party insurance, on the other hand, only covers the third parties involved in a road accident.
Recent ArticlesView All
Comprehensive bike insurance is popular as it protects the owner's two-wheeler from multiple damages. Such a p...Read More
A two-wheeler is an excellent vehicle to commute through heavy traffic. However, you must keep it in pristine ...Read More
Before buying a second-hand bike, there are countless things to consider. This blog lists 10 aspects you shoul...Read More
The experience of riding in heavy traffic can strain your nerves. By following proven tips, you can safely rea...Read More
Check out the top 3 easy ways to find the expiry date of your bike insurance and renew it online.Read More