Royal Enfield Two-wheeler Insurance
Royal Enfield is a subordinate company of Eicher Motors Limited, an Indian automaker, licensed by the indigenous Indian Madras Motors. The company produces classic-looking retro motorcycles. It is an Indian multinational motorcycle manufacturing company named "the oldest global motorcycle brand in continuous production". It has its production unit in Chennai, India. They have been creating modern-classic motorcycles since 1901. The two-wheeler maker has an annual production capacity of about 950,000 units.
Among the lineup of models that Royal Enfield has, the Classic 350, Bullet 350, and Meteor 350 are the current popular in the single-cylinder range, while the Continental GT 650 twin takes up a chunk of the production too. Royal Enfield also makes adventurous and offroading motorcycles, in the form of the Himalayan.
Royal Enfield Popular Models
The BS4-compliant 346cc carbureted engine produces 20 PS at 5,250 RPM and 28 Nm at 4000 RPM in contrast. A 5-speed transmission operates alongside it. It is praised for its outstanding suspension and excellent seat comfort, even on long tours. The classic retro motorcycle is priced at around INR 1.61 lakhs ex-showroom in Delhi.
The Royal Enfield Meteor 350 is powered by an all-new fuel-injection 349 cc air-cooled SOHC 2-valve engine. The motorcycle produces 20.2 PS of power at 6,100 RPM and 27 Nm at 4,000 RPM. The power is channeled to the wheel via a 5-speed transmission. For maximum refinement, which is a first for a 350cc Royal Enfield.
Being one of the newer models in the lineup, the Meteor 350 is sold at INR1.75 lakhs in Delhi. However, higher variants are priced higher.
Continental GT 650
The Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 has a 648cc twin-cylinder engine that produces 47.6 PS of peak power at 7,150RPM and 52 Nm of maximum torque at 5,250RPM. A 6-speed transmission-assisted slip-and-assist clutch transfers power to the rear wheel via chain drive.
The Continental GT650 is presently priced at around INR 2.8 lakhs to INR 3.05 lakhs ex-showroom in Delhi, based on the different variant buyers choose.
Royal Enfield has worked a lot on enhancing the 411cc single-cylinder engine's refinement. Without question, the new BS6-compliant unit is a lot smoother than the older iteration. The engine produces 24.3 PS of power and 32 Nm torque at 4000-4500RPM.
This affordable touring Royal Enfield has an ex-showroom price of INR1.91 lakhs in New Delhi.
What is Covered Under Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Third-Party Losses: In the unfortunate event of third party loss, your policy will take care of the legal and financial liabilities.
- Damages Due to Accidents: If your two-wheeler is damaged due to an accident, nothing to worry about as your two-wheeler insurance policy got you covered.
- Vehicle Thefts: In case your two-wheeler is stolen, your two-wheeler insurance policy will look after the same.
- Damages Caused in Fire: If your two-wheeler catches fire, your two-wheeler policy will pay for the damages.
- Damages Due to Natural/Man-made Disaster: When flood, hurricane, hail storm, tornado, riots, etc. attack your two-wheeler, your insurance policy comes in handy.
- Personal Accident: In case you meet with an accident that leads to injuries or unfortunately death, your policy will offer compensation of up to INR 15 lakh.
Note: You will have to buy PA Cover separately.
What is Not Covered Under Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
- Drunken Driving: No insurance company will accept your claim if you were drunk or under an intoxicant when the accident happened.
- Unauthorised Driving: Your claim will be rejected if the rider is without a valid Driver’s License.
- Deliberate Accident: If the accident has been caused purposely, the claim will be rejected.
- Consequential Damages: Consequential damages that are caused after the accident are not covered under insurance.
- Negligence: An accident occurs because of your own negligence; you won’t be able to claim the damages.
- Depreciation: Damages that are caused because of normal wear and tear, mechanical or electric failure due to travelling.
- Expired policy: If the policy has lapsed, your damages will not be covered.
- Excluded Add-Ons: You will not be able to claim the benefits that you do not have in your plan
How to Renew Your Royal Enfield Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
You can renew your Royal Enfield two-wheeler insurance policy in 5 easy and quick steps.
Step 1 - Fill in your Name, Address, Mobile Number, Vehicle’s Make, Model, Variant, Registration Date & the city you ride in.
Step 2- Press ‘Get Quote’ and choose your choice of Plan (Third-party liability, comprehensive, standalone own damage) or add-ons
Step 3 - Enter details of your previous insurance policy- Date of expiry, Claim made in the last year, No Claim Bonus earned
Step 4 - You will get a quote for your premium
Step 5- Make the final payment to renew your policy
Royal Enfield Models Reviews
The Royal Enfield motorcycle series is the best-selling cruiser motorbike line in India, and this is mainly due to the reliability factor. Irrespective of the conditions, Royal Enfield bikes are always in top-notch shape.
With a torque-friendly engine, Royal Enfield is known to make the best motorcycles for long highways and difficult mountain roads. It offers comfortable seating posture for long rides and the suspension does not complain. The engine too is very reliable and does not bring any problems even on long travel distances.